Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 for PS4 and Xbox One

Started by Joosteh, June 17, 2016, 03:12PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I wonder if Marvel re-releasing these games was a strategy to build up hype for future Marvel console games. After all, I'm sure they finally realized that mobile gaming is absolute garbage, and Marvel Heroes 2016 really hasn't ever come to be what it could've been.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 05, 2016, 02:57PM
I wonder if Marvel re-releasing these games was a strategy to build up hype for future Marvel console games. After all, I'm sure they finally realized that mobile gaming is absolute garbage, and Marvel Heroes 2016 really hasn't ever come to be what it could've been.

It seems likely to me. Maybe these remakes are paving the way for Ultimate Alliance 3. It was sort of hinted at in the article that revealed the remakes :)

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 05, 2016, 02:57PMMarvel Heroes 2016 really hasn't ever come to be what it could've been.

I wouldn't count Marvel Heroes out just yet.  There are some awesome things coming for it in the near future.  It's still a good game though, it just doesn't have the raging popularity.  It is kind of a niche market to be honest, which is unfortunate to say.  I really love the Marvel IP, and there aren't really a whole lot of good games to choose from in that regard.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Just posting to say that it makes me a little sad inside that we're all so disinterested in modding MUA2. I was hopeful we could at least do reskins or something, but it's pretty locked down as far as new content.

Oh well, it's not like we could mod it before it came to PC, so I suppose nothing has changed.

I'm still playing through the game, but once I'm done I do plan on at least adding a third costume from the npcs.  Has anybody explored the game files for hidden/unused skins like there was in MUA/XML2?  That's something I was planning to do too.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/433300/achievements

Yep. Patching is always around Thursday.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: Teancum on August 11, 2016, 06:39AM
Just posting to say that it makes me a little sad inside that we're all so disinterested in modding MUA2. I was hopeful we could at least do reskins or something, but it's pretty locked down as far as new content.

Oh well, it's not like we could mod it before it came to PC, so I suppose nothing has changed.

I wouldn't say disinterested, I'm not sure if I'm speaking for myself here but I'm waiting till all the glitches are patched out before buying, the rocky start that the ports have doesn't help at all. Besides that it's still a lot of seeing how the game is setup and what files are more easily modable than others
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

It's not that I'm disinterested.  In fact I'm very interested in modding it.  I just can't even play it at all.  Until that changes, I won't really be doing anything in the way of trying to mod it because I can't even test out mods I make for it.  I was hoping they would fix controller support but it's still largely broken.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: Polygone on August 11, 2016, 12:04PM
I wouldn't say disinterested, I'm not sure if I'm speaking for myself here but I'm waiting till all the glitches are patched out before buying, the rocky start that the ports have doesn't help at all. Besides that it's still a lot of seeing how the game is setup and what files are more easily modable than others

Quote from: DJay Saint on August 11, 2016, 07:06PM
It's not that I'm disinterested.  In fact I'm very interested in modding it.  I just can't even play it at all.  Until that changes, I won't really be doing anything in the way of trying to mod it because I can't even test out mods I make for it.  I was hoping they would fix controller support but it's still largely broken.

So I will pray every day for them fix it soon.
I just wanna play as Moonstone, Firestar, Spiderwoman and Black Widow.

August 12, 2016, 12:25AM #219 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:29AM by Grig 32

Not sure 'disinterested' is the right word - blocked would be more accurate. I mean, other than swapping skins there's not much else you can do... and outside of giving War Machine's skin to Iron Man what other skins would be fun to swap? The port is so tightly locked down and so badly optimized that it's obvious Marvel and Activision were just trying to make a quick buck. It's sad because - at a lower price - with a properly done port - they could have really won some points and made a more long-term profit from people's goodwill and willingness to tell their friends about the ports.

As it stands, even if they patch it full, I'm not paying 40 dollars for a game that came out six years ago... basically the same policy I have for the Skyrim remaster and the Arkham remasters. Unless there's something ground-breaking (and, so far, most of what they've shown has NOT been ground breaking - the models and textures don't even LOOK that improved) I'm not shelling out full price.

DLC IS OUT :cyclops: :nightcrawler: :hulk_icon: :hawkeye: :doom: :magneto: :stooth: :venom:
Teams:
XML: :cyclops: :rogue: :storm: :rogue:
XML2:  :stark: :xavier: :nightcrawler: :iceman:
MUA:  :nfury: :stark: :wolverine: :spiderwoman:
MUA2:  :cable: :magneto: :phoenix: :juggernaut:
UMVC3: Frank West :sskrull: :doom:

I really wish they would have just released the source code to the game instead. They could make it like an engine or something. Would have been great for mods. We could have done so much with that. We could up the character limit without workarounds, for example.

Quote from: Tony Stark on August 31, 2016, 09:06PM
I really wish they would have just released the source code to the game instead. They could make it like an engine or something. Would have been great for mods. We could have done so much with that. We could up the character limit without workarounds, for example.

Same here. I can only expect the Alchemy tools to be released since Unreal, Unity, GMod & SFM, whether as paid or not.

Right now, the only thing left is the missing since the issues (like gamepads (such as non-Xbox/non-Steam Controllers mappingx like Logitech, & custom configs)) & missing stuffs still remains for the next September's last week patching should be Storm's missing sounds & missing PSP exclusives (including Hawkeye's simulations since the character)
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: Tony Stark on August 31, 2016, 09:06PM
But since Alchemy is actively being used in games they won't. It seems like the standard in the game industry is only to release source code when the engine isn't really being used any more. I don't see Vicarious Visions doing it anyway. I've talked with the lead developer via email and he seems pretty cool, but everyone else was really standoff-ish.