The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: TheMK on July 29, 2018, 11:55AM
Very nice work Outsider!

I don't think I ever mentioned before but your mods increase my enjoyment not just of MUA but of superheroes and comics in general :) you know all kinds of really cool characters I'd have never heard of otherwise!

I appreciate that. I've always been a fan of Marvel. No offense to DC because I do like Batman, Zatanna, and Harley Quinn, but to me Marvel's characters are far more awesome and interesting. I especially like dark, supernatural characters -- even some of their lesser-known ones.

Quote from: Icehaku on July 31, 2018, 02:31AM
Hi Outsider! Love your mods.

A question about your mods.

For Witchblade, the Danielle Baptiste skin is my favorite but it seems to have no passives for the costume. Will that be updated in the future or did I install something wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong -- since Danielle Baptiste is the fifth skin and not of Sara Pezzini, she doesn't have passives. I may be able to alter it, but its coding may clash with her "The Shredder" boost...

Quote from: jaybird on July 31, 2018, 09:30AM
Glad to see Elsa Bloodstone, she was my favorite from your gun girl mod.

Mine too. I recently read Doctor Strange: Damnation where Elsa Bloodstone was chosen as one of the makeshift Midnight Sons. To me, she stands out above the rest of the Gun Girls.

Here's a little fun fact for you all: Originally in the past, I wanted to create mods for two characters. One of them was Triton of the Inhumans. But to me, he is the weakest of them and doesn't have much to work with for him to be an interesting mod. Even Lockjaw is more interesting! I think someone made a mod of Triton, but is too much like Quicksilver. He is the only one missing from the Inhumans, but he has nothing outside being underwater that would make him stand out. Am I wrong? Feel free to debate.

The other one I thought about in the past was Man-Thing. Besides his skin being crazy difficult to create, his abilities say that he's a vegetative monster that is very slow in speed. Not exactly ideal for MUA. There are probably ways around it, but I think there would need to be a phenomenal skinner/ model converter to successfully capture the look of Man-Thing. If that happened, I'd still consider him and look over the speed issue. Other than that, he is a cool supernatural character.

Quote from: Outsider on July 31, 2018, 02:35PM
I appreciate that. I've always been a fan of Marvel. No offense to DC because I do like Batman, Zatanna, and Harley Quinn, but to me Marvel's characters are far more awesome and interesting. I especially like dark, supernatural characters -- even some of their lesser-known ones.

I can agree :)

Most people I know prefer either Marvel or DC, but I feel like I like both equally, but in different ways. In my opinion, Marvel has a larger amount of more interesting characters, while I feel that DC has a better consistency in story quality (by that, I mean that when they're doing good, they stay good for a while, and when they do bad, it stays bad for a while; Marvel's stories in comparison I've felt always jump around between being really good and really bad frequently).

There's many Marvel characters I find very entertaining, but the ones in DC that interest me the most are characters related to Batman and Teen Titans, though some others, like Superman, Wonder Woman, Static Shock and Black Lightning can be cool as well.

WYATT WINGFOOT

Don't look so surprised. What? Did you really think he was just going to wait up in the Quinjet while you have all the fun? Nope. Heck, after you leave for the Sanctum Santorum, you never hear from him again. So here comes the mod of Native American hero Wyatt Wingfoot. He's put the Quinjet on auto-pilot, grabbed his weapon and decided to join the fight. While he has no super powers, he has had many adventures partnering with the Fantastic Four and faced several villains -- including :doom: Dr. Doom. And you'll be surprised just how fun this mod is, for a non-super. Check it out.

FEATURES:
-4 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Ability of Nullify Immunity (His "powers" cannot be nullified because he has no powers.)
-Uses his in-game skin and HUD.
-Mannequin, loading screen, icons, and sound/voice file.
-Uses official number #156 (clashes with Darkhawk and Aqua in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. The People's Elbow: Runs in and knocks an enemy down in a hard shot with his elbow. (Some of you may get the reference behind the name...)
2. Keewasi Cutter: Grabs an enemy, snaps his arm, and slams them down.
3. Hunter's Rifle: Fires an expert shot from his rifle at his enemy.
4. Polarizer Gun: Fires a beam of polarized light that heavily damages multiple enemies.
5. (Boost) Expert Tracker: Gains melee damage and can sense enemies via mini-map.
6. (Boost) Keewazi Spirit: Gains combo damage, combo XP, and momentum for the team.
7. (Xtreme) Quinjet Fire: Calls the Quinjet to fire plasma beams at enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Blaw - Volley Cannon boltons
AdrianoAp - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?jwnygvsop9fyeya

Wyatt is unexpected but sounds like a lot fun! Great work.

Also can't wait to try Elsa out!   :applause:

Very nice, Outsider! I find "civilian character" mods like this very cool and refreshing :)

Cool, didn't expect Wyatt to become playable! I'm sure :shehulk: & :humant: especially will be pleased to team up with an old friend of theirs.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 01, 2018, 04:10PM
That's a neat idea! I love it! I can't wait to try him out
Quote from: nickjustint on August 01, 2018, 05:03PM
Wyatt is unexpected but sounds like a lot fun! Great work.

Also can't wait to try Elsa out!   :applause:
Quote from: TheMK on August 01, 2018, 05:27PM
Very nice, Outsider! I find "civilian character" mods like this very cool and refreshing :)
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on August 01, 2018, 06:35PM
Cool, didn't expect Wyatt to become playable! I'm sure :shehulk: & :humant: especially will be pleased to team up with an old friend of theirs.

I have to say, I am quite surprised at the positive reactions at Wyatt Wingfoot becoming playable. Turns out he was more welcome than I thought he would be.

As for who's next -- not sure yet, as I'd like to one or two more comic characters ( before going back to Mortal Kombat (I've been alternating between the two, as you've may have noticed.) And, just to inform you -- for those into Japanese anime, a new mod is done and awaiting release, as I have worked out a trade deal with Blacthulhu. Stay tuned...

Awesome!

I admit I'm not very knowledgeable on anime, but it would be cool to see more anime characters in MUA. Goku has been alone in the Marvel universe for so long now!

Thanks Outsider to bring Elsa, she is really awesome, Wyatt Too.

August 03, 2018, 08:11PM #1555 Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:18AM by Outsider
MISATO KATSURAGI

For those that are wondering, no I'm still not too familiar with Japanese anime, but when a trade deal is involved, mod exceptions tend to get made if they are feasible. So here comes the star of Neon Genesis Evangelion, the markswoman named Misato Katsuragi. As you all know, I don't like to do "cookie-cutter" mods, so don't expect her to play like my Gun Girls mods. She can triple jump, his different boosts, and quite frankly, she has the quickest gunshot ever made thus far! She would definitely win in a gun draw out in the Old Wild West. Check out NERV's tactical command officer in action.

FEATURES:
-4 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme. Passives listed will cover all of her costumes.
-Ability of Triple Jump.
-4 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice files.
-Uses assigned number #249 (Shares with Moonstone - mannequin will clash).

MOVESET:
1. Quick Gunshot: Fires a quick shot with her handgun.
2. Chaotic Fire: Fires her semi-automatic rifle in rapid bursts.
3. Precise Fire: Fires her semi-automatic rifle in an aimed sniper-like shot.
4. NERV Command: Orders her EVA pilots to attack her enemies from above.
5. (Boost) Cross Pendant: Gains speed and critical chance in tribute to her late father.
6. (Boost) Pay Attention!: Seduces nearby enemies into defecting against their own for a time.
7. (Xtreme) Misako Massacre: Fires both guns in a twirling blaze to all enemies within a radius.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, loading screen, Gun Girl effects, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Blacthulhu - Skins, HUDs
UltraMegaMagnus - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?87rrt5aoc13tjud

Quote from: Outsider on August 03, 2018, 08:11PM
MISATO KATSURAGI

For those that are wondering, no I'm still not too familiar with Japanese anime, but when a trade deal is involved, mod exceptions tend to get made if they are feasible. So here comes the star of Neon Genesis Evangelion, the markswoman named Misato Katsuragi. As you all know, I don't like to do "cookie-cutter" mods, so don't expect her to play like my Gun Girls mods. She can triple jump, his different boosts, and quite frankly, she has the quickest gunshot ever made thus far! She would definitely win in a gun draw out in the Old Wild West. Check out NERV's tactical command officer in action.

FEATURES:
-4 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Ability of Triple Jump.
-4 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice files.
-Uses assigned number #249 (Shares with Moonstone - mannequin will clash).

MOVESET:
1. Quick Gunshot: Fires a quick shot with her handgun.
2. Chaotic Fire: Fires her semi-automatic rifle in rapid bursts.
3. Precise Fire: Fires her semi-automatic rifle in an aimed sniper-like shot.
4. NERV Command: Orders her EVA pilots to attack her enemies from above.
5. (Boost) Cross Pendant: Gains speed and critical chance in tribute to her late father.
6. (Boost) Pay Attention!: Seduces nearby enemies into defecting against their own for a time.
7. (Xtreme) Misako Massacre: Fires both guns in a twirling blaze to all enemies within a radius.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, loading screen, Gun Girl effects, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Blacthulhu - Skins, HUDs
UltraMegaMagnus - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?87rrt5aoc13tjud

Many thanks, Outsider. That's all that I can think of.

I hope to work with you again in the future.
Confusion will be my epitaph.

August 04, 2018, 07:14AM #1558 Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:16AM by UltraMegaMagnus
Thx for this mod, animes are the best :) I highly recommend watching the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, the second part of it really unusual for mecha animes.

Wow!!! You made a lot of work in these days!! Will try them soon. Hope someone can make a Man-Thing skin, ´cause it will be great to have him in MUA, and I´m sure you will do a great mod of him!!