COHOLLOW'S X-MEN LEGENDS 2 CATALOG

Started by Cohollow, June 11, 2019, 07:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I love what you did with shared talents. I have been using your Cyclops, Colossus and Storm mods and they are amazing and play very well. I think its super weird that some characters have abilities that scale with strike like colossus and other characters that don't scale with anything like Jean and Cyclops. Jean has fixed stats on her abilties and that kinda criples her IMO. Her kit (like Cyclops') tries to be too much and fail. Only 3 or 4 skills are 'actually viable'.

I get that Jean and Cyclops have 1 or 2 passives to incresed damage on their abilities but still sucks to have an insane ultimate like Optic Rage dealing less damage than a starting power both at max lvl. I quite like Phoenix Force, I just don't like the fiery effect going on in XML2, there is no fire damage. The Phoenix Force xtreme is one of my favorite xtremes in XML1.

In my opinion, skills like Memory Wipe ( I HATE when enemies run from me and I have to chase 2 or 3 of them half a mile away lol), Dark Phoenix (hate the name and the skill), Focused Beam, Fusion Beam (kinda lame because the starting power overshadows it completely) and Optic Slam should have been either part of leveling up other skills or removed entirely from the game because they bring nothing new or exciting when using them on enemies (damage or fun fanctor). Dark Phoenix (Psykick Rupture on PSP) is the lamest skill in the entire game. Optic Flash should have knock back so that optic slam could be deleted from the game as well =p

What I like about your mods is that you find cool uses for a lot of weird and forgotten abilities and ajdust dmg/EP cost numbers for other broken skills.
Quote from: Cohollow on July 31, 2020, 10:05PM
How My Mods Fix Melee Damage

Unfortunately no matter how hard I math and test, some imbalances are so ingrained into the games design that it will never be perfect. How does one even begin to try and fix the terrible balance that comes with some characters having powers that scale in damage with the striking stat, and other characters that are stuck with a set amount of damage for their powers? I have some ideas but one of the things i try very hard to do is build boosters and character mods that feel in line with the games default characters so that people can combine my mods with the existing characters without ether of them feeling out of place. Trying to build well balanced characters for a game thats infamous for its terrible balance is not an easy task, but I think I've done pretty well so far. I hope that others feel the same and get a lot of fun outta my mods! I also hope people understand how much time is spent just considering all these balancing factors and trying to make all the pieces fit. I wish I could finish them faster than i do, but I dont have it me to turn a blind eye to the things that most people have an easy time overlooking.
Hey there! Have a great day o/

:phoenix:    Vengeful Phoenix    :phoenix:

I think I've finally settled on the how Jeans 6th power and Phoenix style boost will function. Vengeful Phoenix (temp boost name) will increase Jeans resistance to damage and apply burn damage to all attackers, melee and ranged. Her 6th power will be a slightly modified version of Ironmans tractor beam. it groups enemies which combos well with her new slam power.

Where's Cohollow?

Where have I been? What have I been working on? When's the next release you ask? Oh, you didn't ask? Well imma tell you anyway! So I may have gotten my telepaths mixed up and started working on Psylocke, in turn angering the Phoenix. Oopsies. Angel on the other hand is still on the cusp of release! Something else I've been doing is hunting down some good maps for both testing and showcasing my mods. A combination of unused maps from XML2 and some imports from XML1 have lead to an influx of fun new locales! I also started playing around with Black Panther the other day. Dunno if it will lead to me releasing my own mod of him, but who knows? I've been doing a lot more fiddling around then really putting my nose to the grindstone. Here's a look-see at some fun locales with our boy Angel! 

Madri Library, Danger Room, Dazzler's Nightclub, Astral Plane, Military Bunker

Japanese Temple, Snow, Egypt, New York, Savage Land Cave

September 03, 2020, 05:28AM #214 Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 11:06PM by Cohollow
:archangel:   Angel Finally Released!   :archangel:

The big update has finally been finished thanks to Bacon's hard work on new Icons and Skins! This bad boy has been thoroughly refined from top to bottom! New skins, Voice Lines, Powers, Icons, a whole lotta technical tweaks and improvements and so much more! I honestly think its my best release yet, so don't pass it up! You can find more details on his release thread. Sorry it took so long, but the foreplay's my favorite part ;)

:psylocke:   Float Like A Butterfly   :psylocke:

Some of you may know that I've left the Marvel Mods discord to work on my slightly withered sanity, but that doesn't mean my interest in modding has waned! I've started getting Psylocke more put together as well as a lil something else on the side. After nearly a month a me time after the release of Angel, I am yet again getting back on the horse.

Her current telekinetic ground slam is a very rough draft, so expect it to undergo changes. The other four powers, I feel will function very much like you see here upon her release.

:iceman:  Getting Chilly  :iceman:

Guess who's gotta new plan again, this guy! With the release of BaconWizarsds new Iceman skins, I've decided to go back and give Iceman a very much need update. Some of the things this update will include are

- My usual 5 passives at 12 skill points
- The fixes to melee damage boosts and passives that are present in my other boosters like Gambit and Bishop
-  New skins, Icons, and portraits
- And a bunch of other random things like power execution, effects, etc.
- Something must be done with his OP Hail power

In order to balance his Hail power, I have 3 options I've come to refer to as the 3 R's.

Remove - He has 7 powers of which many are crowd control so I could just remove it.
Replace - I could replace it with a different power. If I did I will look into making a sort of melee Ice smash like he had in MUA2, tho there are some other options I may consider.
Rework - I can make changes to its function and execution to make it far more balanced. This will also include some effects work to make it look nicer too.

Something I may do is repurpose it for a new Xtreme power. His default one is pretty average and bland as is. Below is the insanity that is his current Hail power.

Personally, I think that Iceman Hail power looks like a great Xtreme power! Certainly more interesting that his current one. It'd be a shame to lose that Hail power entirely.

:iceman: I'm glad to be held in such high esteem, Teancum! It seems everyone who has weighed in with their thoughts on the hail power wish for it to not be removed entirely. I have decided to use it for the construction of a new Xtreme. If I can get an Icy fist smash power to work in the way I wish it too, it will take the place of Hail. If not, Iceman will likely have just 6 attack powers (still plenty).
:pyro: I also have some ideas for a nice update to Pyro, tho I'd like to wait to release him until some skins have been finished for him. I would like to do a fire and ice release that features big updates to both Iceman and Pyro at the same time, but this may not be possible. It all depends on how far down the road those Pyro skins are.

Progress is slower than it once was, but I am back to actively working on my mods. Expect some new releases soon! <3

:iceman:   Icemans Getting Cooler   :iceman:

The first thing I'd like to talk about is the fresh new look of Iceman himself. BaconWizard has developed slick new skins for Iceman and even made a custom set of spiked armor. This armor is applied when players use a new Ice Armor buff I've developed. I've also added a chilly aura effect thats much like the one in MUA to make him look and feel like a truly chilly mutantcicle. I can't wait to share this new look with everyone at release!

Also featured below is a new Ice smash power. This power has high knockback and crit chance, and replaces his old Hail power. He now has 5 passives that all cost 12 skill points to max out just like my other character mods and boosters. Many powers and passives have been rebalanced and feature new and improved effects. A rough draft of the new effects for his Ice Pillars power is featured below.

There are many other things this update will feature such as all new power Icons, hud heads and conversation portraits made by the talented BaconWizard. Of course there are also many other things I've done to improve iceman that i won't be goin into detail on at this time so I don't get too long winded here.

:beast: My mod production has greatly slowed from when I started making mods, but slow and steady wins the race, baby! There are many other mods and updates that I'm sure many are waiting on. They will be finished eventually, but I'll be pacing myself from now on. Not doing so at the start was a mistake I plan to rectify. HAPPY MODDING!! XD  :beast: