New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
durfal, can you take pics of all of Venom's costumes when you get him on your 360, please? :venom: :carnage:

the DLC is out yet and the trailer was pulled, or something like that. good job, Activision. hire the modders here and you will have new characters coming out the wazoo.

Wait, you mean it's NOT out yet, right?  Any explanation if why?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

It'll be out later today. Trust me, they took the trailer down to make room for the new char pack. Check out GameFAQs' 360 place and you will see fan after fan bitching. They said the 10th, and it is still the tenth. Whiny bitches, that's what they are. Patience is a virtue, after all.

April 10, 2007, 12:43PM #155 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:45PM by Burning Rage
*sigh*  I thought he meant they announced it wasn't coming out...  Jesus people, just wait.

Off topic, was Ultimate Spider-Man any good?  I was thinking about getting it, but don't want to waste the money if it's a steaming pile.  It's just that while looking at the box, Spider-man looked annorexic...  I don't know if that was a bad screen, bad animation, or just a crappy model.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

April 10, 2007, 01:09PM #156 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:58AM by Teancum
It's Ultimate Spider-Man, man. He looks that way in the comics too.
The game's okay. Not good or brilliant, just 'okay'. Though it IS the best Spidey game in almost a decade for the PC crowd...

QuoteThey said the 10th, and it is still the tenth
Not over here it ain't no more. Not for 7 minutes now, and counting! Not like we've got much to go on, seeing as how we're now officially donorless and have to pray just someone to supply us.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

It's fun, if that's what you're asking.  You get to alternate between Spidey and Venom missions, the controls are pretty solid, and it's got a decent story.  The camera can get a little shaky at times however.  I'm don't know much about the Ultimate universe, but you might try downloading a demo if you want it for PC, or renting it if you're going console.

I have it on my Xbox, and I really like it as far as gameplay goes.

April 10, 2007, 01:15PM #158 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:59AM by Teancum
Quote from: Noelemahc on April 10, 2007, 01:09PM
Not over here it ain't no more. Not for 7 minutes now, and counting! Not like we've got much to go on, seeing as how we're now officially donorless and have to pray just someone to supply us.

Let me rephrase: It is still the 10th where it counts :rofl:

Yep, sad that the donor thing didn't check out. Hopefully we can find another (anyone w/ a 360, I WILL sell my body for your HDD files, provided the HDD contains the DLC :P)

Just wondering, but with the 8 new characters, the 27 character limit would be exceeded. So perhaps there may no longer be a limit, or perhaps it has just been increased to allow the new characters. Still, it is worth looking into.

Yes, perhaps (however unlikely it is) the limit is controlled by the team_back files and the PSP ones were in an improper format. If so, the goal will obviously be to add em all. If not, we'll have to get picky. This is, of course, assuming we get our hands on it soon. In reality, it'll be a while :P

More than likely the 360 game received an update for the main executable.  Thus breaking 27 heroes.

Would it be possible to port the main executable? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

No, but if they did update it, we should be able to check it against the original in a hex editor, checking for changes.  If we record all of the changes made it's pretty likely that we'll find an area that has the value for maximum heroes updated.  If we find that, it's likely to be in a similar location on PSP/PS2/Xbox/PC.  Then we can update it.  It would take forever to go through the code line-by-line, and even then we can't be sure the value wasn't already set to have more heroes. 

Yes, except that you're all forgetting the minor fact that X360 executables, unlike X-Box 1 executables are in no way comparable to the PC ones in terms of structure or decompilation procedures. *bursts your bubble*

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.