New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Venom looks pretty 'fat'.  I don't know what it is.  I picture him at least a little taller.  Probably a bad pic though.

March 28, 2007, 05:48PM #76 Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 06:01PM by iammingy
I understand what you meant, but I think they just want to make him big and bulky, more like these ones:
(I wonder if he can web-zip just like Spidey!? :P )

I wish we had the content for PC...  :(   They added new dialogue and everything, which is going to take forever porting to the PC.  Why can't they just port it like they did everything else and release it on the PC too?  I guess since we get added characters, we can compare notes and see how they surpassed that suposed limit of 27 characters.  *shrugs*
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: Burning Rage on March 28, 2007, 05:55PM
I wish we had the content for PC...  :(   They added new dialogue and everything, which is going to take forever porting to the PC.  Why can't they just port it like they did everything else and release it on the PC too?

Cause their too frakin lazy otherwise they would've incorperated what was in XML2 in MUA.

From what I seen so far the models look good still faver Tommyboys first cyc but got to say I really want to get my hands on VENOM think that is sweet.I already tried riping apart Ultimate Spiderman to get him of course that didn't work.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

QuoteHouse of M (blech again)
Why are you so keen on HoM? Mags had an awesome AoA skin in XML2; not to mention the equally awesome New Mutants outfit all the games blatantly ignored.

QuoteI guess since we get added characters, we can compare notes and see how they surpassed that suposed limit of 27 characters.  *shrugs*
Wrong :D They will be relying on the code of the X360 executable, which I cannot even disassemble, unlike the X-Box and PC ones (which both HAVE the dreaded limit).

P.S. The screensnaps tell me that Hawky's gonna have the same powers and anims as on the PSP. Phew.
P.P.S. Hulk gets the Carryguy Special Move, like Big C.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

And I think New Mutants'll get ignored again. Plus Hawkeye already having an HoM (when he has MORE outfits to choose from) indicates they like HoM. And his AoA skin would be lame, given the existence of the Classic skin already :D Remember, that list isn't what I want, it is what I expet the 260 to get.

Because of the bulk of the Venom we see in the pics, I think some of these costumes will make it:

Ultimate - same shape as Classic costume except for the eyes
Venom-Gargan - no tail so same shape as Classic costume with a different white pattern on the body
Toxin - same shape as Classic costume with a different color scheme. Toxin has Venom-esque teeth and bulk when the Symbiote has more control of the body than the host.
Wolvenom - the blade protrusions on the hands (as seen in the pics) are similar to Wolvenom's claws

Face it, Carnage is a scrawny thin dude. It would be impossible to make him look decent enough without making unique anims. Although the blades are more up Kasady's alley, as Venom was always about mimicking Spidey's powers.

Toxin fits because he's bulky, just like Venom is (oftentimes portrayed).

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I like the classic Sabertooth costume there, Venom looks kind of odd to me, but I'll wait to see so decide on it.

I wonder who they'll pick for Sabes' fourth costume. The Weapon X-with-goatee look? The Savage Assassin look (which is halfway from Classic to Ultimate with an overcoat thrown in for good measure)? Or... the Suave-Assassin-edging-his-way-into-the-Hellfire-Club look he wore in Morrison's run of the 'New' X-men?

And, of course, there's the matter of picking only FOUR outfits for Cyke out of his eleventy. I assume the Classic X-Men and Ultimate are out of the question; but what about the other two? I'm holding my breath for Jim Lee (which the previous games blatantly ignored) and AoA.

Crimson Dynamo says:

It is possible to port this exclusives characters in the pc version. But not remplace with another character.

Offhand? Probably no. But we'll see what we can do, won't we, guys?

Crimson Dynamo says:

I think it is a...pardon my language F****** disgrace that X-box 360 gets the patch and PS3, PC, and all the other consoles are left out of the loop, personally Activision is makine a BIG mistake making it exclusive, they can count on me not getting their next game.