How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dihan on October 05, 2012, 02:54PM
Do you begin conversations with "Hello! Nice/Horrid weather today!" or insert meteorological chat into awkward silences? If so, you can be an honourable citizen!

Surprisingly often! I also have that unique tendency to immediately dissect compliments after giving them.

We don't tend to use compliments in small talk (apparently it's a very American thing to do). Small talk in the UK is purely to pass through awkward social situations rather than to get to know someone. If we meet someone and say "the weather is terrible, isn't it?" or "how are you?" then it's not an invitation for them to contradict on the state of the weather or delve into their life story. We don't jump straight into quizzing about various personal things, rather we use small talk to gauge whether we want to drift into a proper conversation with someone. If not we say make our excuses to leave, such as by saying "is that the time? I'd really better be going now" or the like.

We're mostly a very indirect nation... Unlike Germany. Small talk doesn't exist in Germany.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

On a different note: I was going around, minding my own bussines, when I see a person called Marvintage. Then I see that this person's name is in red. I look at the profile, and BANG: He is BLaw. At least, formerly :D Why is it, that such a simple thing is so shocking for me? I got used to BLaw being BLaw, but well...The winds of change, I guess :D But, to tell you the truth, it's a pretty cool name.

Always wanted to go to the UK, just to check it out (mostly for the history, I'm a little bit of a history nut.)
And BLAW changed his name?

Quote from: Suigetsu on October 06, 2012, 10:19AM
On a different note: I was going around, minding my own bussines, when I see a person called Marvintage. Then I see that this person's name is in red. I look at the profile, and BANG: He is BLaw. At least, formerly :D Why is it, that such a simple thing is so shocking for me? I got used to BLaw being BLaw, but well...The winds of change, I guess :D But, to tell you the truth, it's a pretty cool name.

Haha thanks! I haven't changed names in like.. Ever lol.

I don't know, somehow the word Vintage came to mind and I changed my name to marvintage immediately. And to till you the truth: I DIDNT KNOW WHAT MARVINTAGE WAS TILL MY WIFEY TOLD ME AFTERWARDS LOL. Not to boost ego, but it does fit :P:P!

Quote from: Dihan on October 06, 2012, 02:54AM
We don't tend to use compliments in small talk (apparently it's a very American thing to do). Small talk in the UK is purely to pass through awkward social situations rather than to get to know someone. If we meet someone and say "the weather is terrible, isn't it?" or "how are you?" then it's not an invitation for them to contradict on the state of the weather or delve into their life story. We don't jump straight into quizzing about various personal things, rather we use small talk to gauge whether we want to drift into a proper conversation with someone. If not we say make our excuses to leave, such as by saying "is that the time? I'd really better be going now" or the like.

We're mostly a very indirect nation... Unlike Germany. Small talk doesn't exist in Germany.

Haha, very true! I'm not much of a people person (much to my parents' dismay).

Quote from: Marvintage on October 06, 2012, 11:56AM
Haha thanks! I haven't changed names in like.. Ever lol.

I don't know, somehow the word Vintage came to mind and I changed my name to marvintage immediately. And to till you the truth: I DIDNT KNOW WHAT MARVINTAGE WAS TILL MY WIFEY TOLD ME AFTERWARDS LOL. Not to boost ego, but it does fit :P:P!

I don't see how it fits...? Doesn't vintage essentially mean old?

By the way, I see your name's subtitle says "The fartist formerely known as BLaw". That made me laugh; did you do that on purpose?

Yeah :P

And well, I've been an oldy here. I also heard it meant high quality too.

Well, it can also mean something like classic. And well, he's classic :D

It depends if it's a noun, adjective or verb! :P

Noun:

1) The yield of grapes from a vineyard.
2) Wine identified by year or location.
3) The pressing of juice for winemaking.
4) Year or place something is produced.

Adjective:

1) Relating to wine identified by specific vintage
2) Having an enduring appeal (classic, high quality, etc)
3) Cars built between 1919 and 1930

Verb:

1) To harvest grapes.
2) To make wine from grapes.

Okay, so his new name is Marwine. Pretty neat :D Thanks for the info Dihan, I have no clue why I didn't look it up myself :D

For all the Deadpool fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-tWlETq8w

Enjoy!

So Bryan Lee O'Malley, the artist who did Scott Pilgrim, has an alternate cover for Young Avengers. I can't possibly imagine this getting any better D:

I've just got jogging this morning & ready for IGS tournament to play Tekken Tag 2 for FIGHT today til Sunday.

:D Don't let me down.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html