Menu

The Marvel Mods Solo Tournament

Started by Cates, August 04, 2010, 06:03AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: fox456 on August 08, 2010, 06:55PM
That happened to me once when I used Vision.

I know it did. I'm usually pretty careful about it too. It was one of those..."oops. didn't mean to do that." as you're doing it type of things.

Nice to see some progress being made by everyone.

I'm currently playing with Ghost Rider (at Stark Tower) in the Vengeance skin since that has health and hellfire damage bonuses. GR's first power is so freakin' damaging, I'm hoping it can make up for the lack of any defensive boosts whatsoever. Fear is fine against regular enemies, but with no protection against bosses things might end quickly.

Third time's a charm! I managed to defeat Byrrah and Krang with Magneto. Compared to those 2, Attuma, Tiger Shark and the Kraken where pushovers.

@ whiteking:
I have switched to Silver Surfer.  I'm now Level 31 and just defeated Mysterio....
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

PLAYER      CHARACTER      LEVEL      CURRENT AREA
------      ----------      -----      -------------
Whiteking      Emma Frost      34      Murderworld
edward         Cable           32      Atlantis
Fox456         Silver Surfer   30      Omega Base
LegionODoom    Angel           32      Atlantis
Dihan     Iceman     32      Atlantis
Jeanfan321     Jean Grey       30      Helicarrier
Gevth          Magneto         32      Atlantis
Cates          Ghost Rider     31      Stark Tower     

FALLEN HEROES
PLAYER          CHARACTER      LEVEL      MANNER OF DEATH
------          -------------      -----      ----------------
Fox456          Human Torch      30      Killed following the fight with Radioactive Man/W. Soldier
Cates           Mr. Fantastic    30      Killed by health regenerating Doombot on helicarrier.
Monitor         Vision           30      Bullseye
Dihan           Iceman           30      Bullseye
Gevth           Dr. Doom         30      Bullseye
Gevth           Magneto          30      Dead Dum Dum Dugan
Cates        Hulk        31    Killed by Krang and Byrrah
Cates      Dr. Strange    31    Dead Dum Dum Dugan
Fox456          Human Torch      32      Killed by Krang and Byrrah
Gevth           Dr. Doom         32      Killed by Krang and Byrrah
Gevth           Hawkeye          32      Killed by Krang and Byrrah
mccordlarsen Hope Summers     30      Phased through the floor
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Whiteking, you might upgrade your post, im in again, this time with Quicksilver, figured bosses dont stand a chance against him :D

Back to my previous question though, is the defend passive the only passive we are allowed to level up?

Player : Tymaca321  Character : Quicksilver  Level : 30 Current Area : Hellicarier

@ tymaca321,

No, you get to use 45,000 of the 100,000 gold coins from the cheat for anything you want.  45,000 was chosen because that is how much it costs to totally max out the defense passive for one skin.

Remember that the other 55,000 coins has to be dumped into another character.

Update: Angel is now lvl 34 and at the first save point in the Valley of Spirits.

Took my skill points from Blood Transfusion and put them into Hummingbird Essence. The dodge chance and defense boost are worth it, and the speed increase really helps with Winged Fury.

Tiger Shark and Attuma were pushovers, only took one trip into one of those "traps" to knock out both of them. Usually takes me a while even with four heroes!

I'm really fretting the throw down with Gray Gargoyle. Always have trouble with him...

August 09, 2010, 06:24AM #98 Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:55AM by tymaca321
:O oh well :P, i maximised the defense passive :P, also, with the money you get in game, are you not allowed to spent that out on diffrent passives? Quicksilver is now at the engines,i did defeat Bullseye, but barely, if he trowed another 3 boms at me, it could have ended worse. Im now reallly afraid of Radioactive man and Winter soldier, since RM can make himself invurnable
made it to FFF defeat FFF but freaking DUM DUM died! &@^&*A^ :P. Im not sure if i ever try again on this, its defnitly hard, i believe it took 5 hits (with pistols) for Dogan to die :P

I posted my trick for Dum Dum Dugan before: run, ignore enemies, up to the point where you find Captain America's sim mission. Then you start killing enemies, but only those that may have followed you, and those ahead.
It's easier to ignore them with a flying character, but when I used Hawkeye I still managed to get Dugan with over 50% health to Crimson Dynamo.

With Iceman I managed to kill everything without Dugan going below 2/3s HP.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

August 09, 2010, 09:31AM #101 Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:35AM by whiteking
Updated the table again.
I got both tickets necesary to fight Arcade and my new level is 35. Carefull with Shocker, his annoying beams will be a problem trust me, Rhino is easy, just dodge his attacks.

Whiteking      Emma Frost      35      Murderworld
Fox456         Silver Surfer   30      Omega Base
LegionODoom    Angel           34      Valley of the Spirits
Gevth          Magneto         32      Atlantis

FALLEN HEROES
Fox456          Human Torch      30      Killed following the fight with Radioactive Man/W. Soldier
Cates           Mr. Fantastic    30      Killed by health regenerating Doombot on helicarrier.
tymaca321       Quicksilver      31      Dead Dum Dum Dugan
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

"Apocalypse cannot win!"
Magneto, lvl 33, after being perma-stunned by some nameless minions a little after defeating Grey Gargoyle.
I'll leave the tournament for a while, I want to complete the game and find the new sim discs that came with the OC mod.
Good luck everybody!

PS: Both Grey Gargoyle and Dragon Man return to their initial spot if you go back the door of their rooms, which allows hit and run tactics.

August 09, 2010, 11:07PM #103 Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:15AM by fox456
Well, I made it to Mandarin's Palace and to the man himself.  But, he was too much for Silver Surfer.

Fox, Silver Surfer, Level 34, Stopped by Mandarin:(

Now, I've switched to Captain Marvel.  He just defeated Fin Fang Foom.  I think I got lucky with the "special power" doombots.  Didn't seem to have too many hard ones to defeat.

Fox, Captain Marvel, Level 30, Stark Tower

OH, and a question/comment:  When I was in Atlantis with Silver Surfer I ran into several of those female atlanteans that can "raise the dead."  Anyway, get this:  I ran into one that had regereration AND where you had to use 4-4-6 to then finish her off.  I was determined to do it.  Well, whenever I got her down to the point where the 4-4-6 message pops up on the screen, she would continue to regenerate and I could barely get one punch in.  I tried over and over but just couldn't defeat her.  I have ALOT of trouble with those 4-4-6, 4-6-6, etc. combos anyway, but this one was just impossible.  I'd love to hear some tips for these key combos.  I don't know if there is a trick to the speed in which you punch them or what.  I'd say I'm only successful about 20% of the time.

August 10, 2010, 09:36PM #104 Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:40PM by whiteking
Finished Mephisto's realm mission.
Well, be ready because this is by far the most difficult mission that I've faced. Those demons that grab you are extremely annoying, if you can attack from distance do it. Also the demons that switch bodies with you are quite dangerous.
Blackheart. First destroy the boxes that revives him each time you kill him, if you have a phisical/energy damage character with long range attacks (like Cyclops) those boxes are easy to destroy, but if you have a mental, close fighter character (like Emma Frost) you can use the lances that are on the floor, those not only destroy those boxes quickly, also they deal great damage against Blackheart.
After you saved one of the X-men, you will enter to an area where you will be ambushed by a huge group of enemies. I recomend you to run to the portal that takes you to Mephisto, then double jump to the balconies (? I don't know how to call them). There you will face at least just 2 "bats" and will avoid the fight against the demons that grab you and the fire giants, which give you a huge change to survive.

Example. I have Emma on this balcony/little mount healing herself. Note that the Fire Giant stay far from me because he just can't attack.

Whiteking      Emma Frost      36      Asgard
Fox456         Captain Marvel  30      Stark Tower
LegionODoom    Angel           34      Valley of the Spirits

FALLEN HEROES
tymaca321       Quicksilver      31      Dead Dum Dum Dugan
Gevth           Magneto          31      Killed by Mandarin's minions
Fox456          Silver Surfer    34      Killed by Mandarin

@Fox, I've never had that problem with the combos, they always work as they should.
Phoenix Endsong #5