Which characters were the best to play as?

Started by jonchang, June 29, 2007, 02:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
In X-Men Legends, Jean Grey and Storm were the most powerful characters. Only thing was that Storm had leadership, could weld objects, and put out fires. Jean could build bridges, which was the only extra thing that she had that Storm didn't have.  And her telekinesis was better than Storm's whirl wind's telekinesis. Iceman was really weak and pointless to use in the begginning of the game. Iceman got good when a person leveled his freezing power up. Wolverine was good to use in the begginning of the game with his healing factor, but I didn't like using him that much near the end. Magma and Nightcrawler were pretty good against Sentinels. Emma Frost was the worst character in the game, I mean her fear and command powers didn't do any damage. Her diamond form power didn't even turn her into a diamond. A lot of people say that she was a good melee character, but she wasn't one to me until the Asteroid M mission, and that's the last mission of the game!

LoL, although I like Emma Frost, im going to agree with you, she was far to week for my liking.  Jean was awsome and Jubilee kicked butt with her flashing lights and whatnot.
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

I actually though Emma Frost was quite powerful when you put points into her... In my opinion, Jubilee and Beast were the weakest.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on March 17, 2009, 06:17PM
Emma Frost was the worst character in the game, I mean her fear and command powers didn't do any damage. Her diamond form power didn't even turn her into a diamond. A lot of people say that she was a good melee character, but she wasn't one to me until the Asteroid M mission, and that's the last mission of the game!

Emma was a great melee fighter, but as Dihan say, you must put the points correctly to use her as a tank like Colossus or Rogue, with the plus that she's faster. You must level her diamond form first (she doesn't turn into diamond, but at the high level, the diamond form is one of the best personal shields of the game, making her untouchable), that makes her stronger, then hardness and shell might are two great complements for her dimond form.
For me Command is usseless I prefer to put some points to Fear, because Fear does damage at level 25? I don't remember but Fear does damage and wiuth the power enhancer can be more powerfull.
You must use a power and strike enhancer and voila! Emma can be used as regular character since the  X-mansion fields and astral plane mission.
If you level the diamond form, hardness and shell might first, you can use her against the sentinels(sounds crazy, but is true, I used her and she can kill a sentinel, not so fast like wolverine or rogue, but she can!)
As a big fan of Emma, I've perfected the way to make her stronger and I did it, she 's my lead charcater of XML and I use her in every misson of the game, since she's playable :)

Jean Grey and Storm were awesome, Rogue was good but you must increse her speed, Beast, Jublilee and Iceman were the worst characters of the game, just my opinion :)

:emmafrost:

Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Yeah Iceman could have been made better. Jubilee and Gambit's energy attacks were useless to me. Beast himself wasn't a good tank as Colossus and Rogue. Psylocke wasn't good against sentinels, but she was pretty good against Mastermold. Even Emma was a bit good against Sentinels, while Jean barely did damage against Mastermold. I loved Rogue's ability to steal other character's powers. I couldn't steal Mystique's and Pyro's powers for some reason. And both Sabretooth and Avalanche were invulnerable to their own powers, so Rogue's strength was the only power useful against them. I wish that XMLII gave Rogue her power stealing ability.

XMLII does give Rogue her power draining ability.
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

But doesn't she just drain health? I was talking about stealing powers.

Oh, okay now i know what you are talking about, well, yea you are right about that but for me Rogue is useful on an X-Men team, the only thing she could really do before taking Ms. Marvels powers was to just drain your powers and memories.

I just have to admit this nightcrawler was probably one of the best players to have on your team. I mean he could teleport through doors and walls and that helped me ALOT in the game trust me.

April 01, 2009, 04:36PM #39 Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:12PM by warmachine300
Actually Iceman was one of the most powerful melee fighter in Legends 1. He breaks down walls just by one punch. And not to mention his freezing abilities, he made the game so easy to complete.  He was always on my team. I'm also going to have to disagree with you about Emma Frost. She was the best melee fighter in the game. When controlling Emma, I literally did nothing and  watched as all the enemies threw  punches as she reflected everything. I killed Magneto just by using Emma Frost. Same with the Sentinels, I only used Emma. She was so much fun. I stood there while the sentinels launched their missles at me and she just reflected the damage and knocked them flat out and she still had almost full energy left over. If your not finding Emma to be effective maybe your levelling up the wrong stuff. Put everything into her Sttike, some body and a bit of focus. Max out her fear and diamond form and hardness. Item wise: Spikes of Pennace, Ultra Strike Enhancer and Ultra Interial something. Can't remember the name but its the one that says '40% chance to reflect punch and kicks' And since she already reflects 50% if her hardness is maxed out, 90% of every single hit that is landed by an enemy is reflected which keeps her health bar almost always full. Any character can be good you just need to know how to level them up correctly and what to use them for. Like for example Jean was only powerful when you level up her telekenic combat equipped with power enhancers and high focus. without them she was pretty average and almost useless when fighting sentinels

The worst character was Jubilee, I just didn't see the point. Psylocke I felt was extremely rushed. She could have been a great character if a bit more thought went into to her. Rogue and Colossus were too slow.  The only time they would be on my team was if I was using Gambit. His energy form defense would bring them up to normal speed. So it was all about tactics when using those two really.

Best all round character was Storm

I did in fact put all of my strike into Emma. I think that I ruined it by not putting much into her hardness. I agree with you about Psylocke. Gambit and Jubilee's energy projectiles were dissapointing to me and yes Storm was one of the best characters. Her and Jean Grey.

April 01, 2009, 07:03PM #41 Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:06PM by warmachine300
Yeah Emma was super powerful. Even more so when you have Cyclops and Iceman on your team and level up Icemans 'Ice Equipment' and Cykes 'Tactics' combined. That gives you something like a 20+ Striking. Gambits projectiles were pretty good I thought but his best move like I mentioned b4 was his 'Energy form' attack. It super increases his speed and strength to such a degree that I wiped out the whole New York riot sentinels using just him. Try it, max out his 'Energy attack' and 'charged' passive and you'll see what i mean. I've completely changed my mind about Beast he's a decent character and actually a lot of fun to play with. Jean was my favorite though. Levitating explosive barrels and chucking them at the enemies was so addictive!!! I made a conscious effort not to have Wolverine in my team. He just destroys everything even when I changed his characteristics to defensive he was still super aggressive.

April 01, 2009, 07:11PM #42 Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:36PM by warmachine300
I'm sure I've stolen powers from Pyro before with Rogue. She can also steal powers with her in Legends 2. I've done it b4. Wow, looking at the Legends 2 poll it looks like  the people's choice for best character is Jean Grey. She winning by two votes to Iceman. I'm shocked Xavier has only 2 votes and lost to Scarlet Witch. I wonder what the peoples choice is for legends 1. Infact, I'm gonna start a legends 1 poll and see for myself.

Quote from: warmachine300 on April 01, 2009, 04:36PM
I'm also going to have to disagree with you about Emma Frost. She was the best melee fighter in the game. When controlling Emma, I literally did nothing and  watched as all the enemies threw  punches as she reflected everything. I killed Magneto just by using Emma Frost. Same with the Sentinels, I only used Emma. She was so much fun. I stood there while the sentinels launched their missles at me and she just reflected the damage and knocked them flat out and she still had almost full energy left over. If your not finding Emma to be effective maybe your levelling up the wrong stuff. Put everything into her Sttike, some body and a bit of focus. Max out her fear and diamond form and hardness. Item wise: Spikes of Pennace, Ultra Strike Enhancer and Ultra Interial something. Can't remember the name but its the one that says '40% chance to reflect punch and kicks' And since she already reflects 50% if her hardness is maxed out, 90% of every single hit that is landed by an enemy is reflected which keeps her health bar almost always full.

Exactly! I killed Magneto and the sentinels just with Emma too, manny people don't believe me, but it's true, Emma is almost invincible with her diamond form, strike and passives (hardness, shell might) even the last danger room mission (when you have to fight, juggernaut, sabretoth, marrow, dark pyro and a lot of enemies) was so easy with Emma in my team, in fact, I complete this mission with Emma alone :)
:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: warmachine300 on April 01, 2009, 07:11PM
I'm sure I've stolen powers from Pyro before with Rogue. She can also steal powers with her in Legends 2. I've done it b4. Wow, looking at the Legends 2 poll it looks like  the people's choice for best character is Jean Grey. She winning by two votes to Iceman. I'm shocked Xavier has only 2 votes and lost to Scarlet Witch. I wonder what the peoples choice is for legends 1. Infact, I'm gonna start a legends 1 poll and see for myself.
What poll are you looking at? :D Nightcrawler is the best on this poll :D