Characters in The Amazing Spiderman (2012)

Started by kidilej, December 30, 2011, 05:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Looks like the Amazing Spiderman game will have the Black Cat o.O
http://marvel.com/news/story/18626/felicia_hardy_steals_into_amazing_spider-man_game

QuoteBorn in Queens, New York, to a privileged and wealthy family, Felicia Hardy led the ideal life growing up as a popular cheerleader and respected athlete who still managed straight A's in all her classes. But her family had a dark secret--the Hardy fortune was a result of her father's career as a notorious cat burglar. Making plenty of enemies on both sides of the law, he disappeared under mysterious circumstances when Felicia graduated high school. Determined to continue his legacy--or perhaps for other, less obvious reasons--Felicia has since dedicated her life to following in her father's footsteps.

Felicia trained for years, until she felt she was ready to become the ultimate thief. Her obsession paid off--before long, she'd find that her sharp wit and seductive allure gave her an edge over the competition, landing her in circles that even her father, a master thief, could never have hoped to breach. What's more, after three years of consistently brilliant jobs, she still managed to elude all authorities, as well as other, less law-abiding figures on her trail. But her luck is about to change...
There's also an interview with some of the games producers about the choices they made with the character

She looks like some Russian super-hacker-spy (not Black Widow) combined with Felicia Hardy. Would have preferred something more...classic

The glasses just don't make her look like the Black Cat.

Do you know the game Stolen? She looks just like the protagonist in that game, just with long silver/white hair.

Agreed, the glasses make her look a little to smart, not to say she's dumb, but it just doesnt scream Black cat
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I didn't like the glasses either. I thought she looked pretty good in Web of Shadows; they should've used something similar to that. Plus, for whatever reason, she looks a lot older than she should.

Available on PC!?
That is awesome because it could be moddable.

Now, the only important thing: Will the game be cool/awesome? Time will tell

Here's the Amazing Spiderman's Scorpion in a new trailer (more information in the link or quoted below):

http://marvel.com/news/story/18830/scorpion_stings_in_new_amazing_spider-man_video_game_trailer

QuoteOf all the cross-species facing off against Spider-Man, none features a more cold, menacing appearance than Scorpion -- and for good reason. Normally reserving his genius toward his specialty in nuclear science, Oscorp physicist Dr. Otto Octavius dug into Curt Connors' research as quickly as it became available to him. Not satisfied with simply infusing human DNA into a highly venomous black fat-tailed scorpion, Octavius also threw in a touch of a mysterious, organic "black goo" of unknown origin, which Oscorp had recently retrieved from one of the company's fallen satellites in secret. The result was Scorpion, an experiment Octavius would affectionately refer to as "MAC" (as in, "my astonishing creation"--he thought it was clever, anyway...).

Incredibly agile and twice as strong as Spider-Man himself, this personification of everything Alistaire Smythe aims to annihilate also boasts the ability to grab prey with one hand, then cut it in half with the pincer on the other. Scorpion's stinger houses the most toxic venom the world has ever seen, and he has been known to project it from long distances as well. As if that weren't lethal enough, he's just as likely to whip victims with his tail, which itself slings freely at ninety miles per hour.

Octavius was particularly pleased with one unexpected side effect of the "extra element" he added: No other cross-species derived outside of a human subject possesses anywhere near the intellect of Scorpion. A quick glance at his stoic face reveals his instinctively cunning nature, which in turn has prompted Scorpion to concentrate closely on--even learn, to a certain degree--human speech patterns. Though he currently "speaks" in unintelligible squeals, it seems only a matter of time before the humanity within him surfaces fully, including at least some degree of intelligent communication with (likely soon-to-be-dead) humans.

Scorpion? Practically this is just a scorpion monster created by Octopus (Sorry...Dr. Octavius)! I'm offended, since I love MacGargan, especially with his classic Scorpion outfit. But this brings up a question: Why didn't they just make Black Cat a human-cat hybrid? Oh, because they needed sex appeal for the sales? Brilliant. Who are the developers again? Beenox? Maybe they should let someone else have a try with a Spider-Man game. Rocksteady Studios maybe?

I think this game actually looks pretty good! I'm happy to see Black Cat in it, although her costume isn't all that great. Someone commented that it looked like Batman Arkham City alittle, and I have to agree. In some ways it does, which if in the end it is like Batman Arkham City, then I have high hopes for the game!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS