Hackathon

Started by iammingy, May 24, 2012, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 28, 2012, 07:36PM #30 Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:39PM by iammingy
Hey guys, there are only 3 days left to sign up.

For those who have signed up, you can nominate up to 2 characters now. I want to make the public poll in "Requests & Suggestions" on the last day (2 days from now).

If you find that the character(s) nominated by another person is one of your work-in-progress, please report here an in-game screenshot of your WIP.

Again, please do not discuss what should (not) go in the mod.

What are your time zones? We should think of a start date for this event!

ok, its 00:13 right now at outpost "N" :P

My 2 characters:

1 - Probably the most important marvel character that hasn't gotten a mod yet: Loki. He's sure gonna be popular considering the hype around the Avengers movie, there are loads of dialogs with him for us to make his voice file, he already has an NPC skeleton to work from, has a model to reskin and his magical powers make it so that almost any idea for the powers is valid. So, he's my definite number 1 choice.

2 - My second choice is Mister Sinister. Also a lot of NPC stuff to work from and great range of powers to use our imagination.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

May 28, 2012, 08:44PM #32 Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:43AM by Hman360
Quote from: iammingy on May 28, 2012, 07:36PM
Hey guys, there are only 3 days left to sign up.

For those who have signed up, you can nominate up to 2 characters now. I want to make the public poll in "Requests & Suggestions" on the last day (2 days from now).

If you find that the character(s) nominated by another person is one of your work-in-progress, please report here an in-game screenshot of your WIP.

Again, please do not discuss what should (not) go in the mod.

What are your time zones? We should think of a start date for this event!

I'm in Eastern Standard Time in the US (UTC-05:00) and currently on Daylight Savings Time.
I live in the Eastern Standard Time region in the US, and since I'm currently on Daylight Savings time, it's Eastern Daylight Time, which is UTC-4:00. (Thanks fox456.)

My two:
1. Robin (DC character) could be worked off of Moon Knight and is an important character to Batman
2. Darth Vader (Star Wars) probably quite a bit harder, but would be an amazing character! I actually have plenty of ideas for Vader if he's picked!

My time zone is Eastern Standard Time (America - New York).  I believe we are 4 hours earlier than GMT.  But, Hman and I are both from Ohio, so it may be 5 hours according to his post.

My two nominations are:

1.  Medusa
2.  Hellstorm
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on May 28, 2012, 08:56PM
My time zone is Eastern Standard Time (America - New York).  I believe we are 4 hours earlier than GMT.  But, Hman and I are both from Ohio, so it may be 5 hours according to his post.

My two nominations are:

1.  Medusa
2.  Hellstorm

You have it right, I messed it up because of Daylight Savings Time. I fixed it in my earlier post. Thanks for mentioning that.

Great! :)

So, we've got 3 people on the east coast, 1 on the west coast (myself), and 1 in the Netherlands (Blaw).

I would sign up but I haven't done any modding for ages. I could draw icons and send them to someone else to sort out. All I need is someone to send me the template and give me descriptions of powers.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

This is a pretty good idea ^-^ I was actually thinking about doing a similar "modding jam" where everyone would have a certain time to make their own brand new mod from scratch, but this also sounds fun. I'd be glad to help out with whatever I can, though it seems like Blaw has the corner on the skins and if Dihan does the icons I'm pretty much out of a job XD Still if I could help with a power or bonus skins or whatever I'd be glad to.

I could do something else, I don't mind.

I always love what you do with icons so I'm not too fussy about what I end up doing. The point is to make the best mod so I can help out anywhere I'm needed.

I guess we can both do whatever is needed of us then. :P

May 29, 2012, 09:46AM #41 Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:51AM by SuperNatural-Witch
I'm in,now that I have free time I prefer to do the effects

I like the loki idea...

May 29, 2012, 07:22PM #42 Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:22AM by BLaw
Welcome to the gang, guys! :D

Please nominate 2 characters now. I want to start the poll tomorrow.

ParticipantCharacter 1Character 2Preference
iammingyVenom (Flash Thompson/Punisher)Lokiskins, etc.
Nowhere ManLokiMr. Sinistertalents/powerstyle/effects, etc.
fox456MedusaDamien Hellstormskins, etc.
BLawGreen LanternAbsorbing Manskins/mannequin
Hman360RobinDarth Vadericons/huds/loading screen, voice
Dihan--icons, etc.
DeeDoooHulklingAresicons, etc.
SuperNatural-Witch--effects

The team-leader will decide the duties of each participant.

I nominate Hulkling and Ares. Whatever we end up voting for, I can do extra skins on top of whatever Blaw creates and maybe help with a power as well. Whatever I can help with ^-^

Quote from: DeeDooo on May 29, 2012, 07:51PM
I nominate Hulkling and Ares. Whatever we end up voting for, I can do extra skins on top of whatever Blaw creates and maybe help with a power as well. Whatever I can help with ^-^

You already have made skins for Hulkling and Ares. The nominated character should not be a WIP from any of us who have signed up, unless you don't want people to use your skins?