sbarth13 mod releases (9-13-14; quasar, gamora, magik)

Started by sbarth13, May 28, 2012, 09:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
M..M...Medusa?!? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Now if only there were screenshots of her powers xD,wont have MUA for quite a while yet
Wasp:   
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.

Medusa:   
Almost my entire adult life.

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

Your mods function just like a licensed product. If only we had Hyperion and Blue Marvel to complete our cosmic roster. ; )
The original Mar-Vell is the only Marvel that matters.

I'm not sure where to post but here goes, Medusa is flipping amazing <3 but the hair strands are a tad bit too thin and her Xtreme is not very extreme.

When I submitted my idea for Medusa way back, I thought about someone using the Invisible Woman ultimate but with a hair texture, to make it seem like an all around burst of hair. How does it sound?
Wasp:   

Medusa:   

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

That sounds great to me.  It may be hard to execute however.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on March 05, 2014, 06:39PM
That sounds great to me.  It may be hard to execute however.

Either Invisible Womans, Storm with the hair going down into the ground or Emma Frost, the swirls on the ground replaced with hair swirling like sawblades, that circular ring  thing with skulls removed
Wasp:   

Medusa:   

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:

Or you can try experimenting on trail_elem texture, the texture looks like some kind of hair.. Absolute great work on Medusa, btw :D
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

For those interested in taking a crack at it, sbarth previously offered to let people expand upon his work in his workbench thread:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7406.180.html

I took him up on it and did a version that changed the strand animations to fuller effects, but I didn't have much luck with the xtreme.

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on March 06, 2014, 08:16AM
For those interested in taking a crack at it, sbarth previously offered to let people expand upon his work in his workbench thread:

I took him up on it and did a version that changed the strand animations to fuller effects, but I didn't have much luck with the xtreme.

Would you be interested in letting more people see your version? :3

Also, have you considered trying what MUALover suggested?
Wasp:   

Medusa:   

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on March 06, 2014, 08:16AM

That's an awesome effect for sure! :applause:

Mind if you share more pic of your works? :D

On another note, I've been experimenting the trail_elem texture. It looks like hair if you done it correctly though.. Otherwise it will look like an energy effect XD
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Sure, I can post more screenshots, even share the files assuming sbarth is okay with that.  Maybe between all of us we can help each other out as I think we have similar goals in what we're trying to achieve with this.

go ahead and share, i don't mind. i was frustrated enough with it as it was. the hair improvements are nice. i like the extreme ideas too, but when it comes to altering effects, i don't really play around with them except to change color, so i don't know how feasible they are. i just worked with already in game stuff. for the hair effects i was initially using venoms stuff just, recolored, similar to what Neeboo Nine did, but for some reason the effects either disappeared or shot up at wierd angles. thats why i used the effects i did. btw, i wasn't happy with the extreme i gave her, i just wanted something different than another radial hair attack. i suppose you could do a radial hair attack and have it do extra damage against stunned/chilled enemies, etc. similar to storms.

also, anyone has permission to change any of my mods if you want. just because thats what i came up with doesn't mean someone else has more knowledge, or better ideas. i just don't guarantee that i with alter my files and post them.

Quote from: MUALover on March 06, 2014, 10:31PM
That's an awesome effect for sure! :applause:

Mind if you share more pic of your works? :D

On another note, I've been experimenting the trail_elem texture. It looks like hair if you done it correctly though.. Otherwise it will look like an energy effect XD

you seem to be good at incorporating powers and effects into the basic melee attacks. one of the issues i had was her knockback attack. i intended for it to be a grab and then a quick slam with her hair, but the models/effects i used either happen too fast to really see, or the distance between her and the target isn't enough to really see the effect. maybe you could improve that?

@Neeboo Nine - good work btw. the only thing i would change would be to use a different skeleton for the menu animations. it just bothers me the she jumps in the air and hovers. if hair sprouted out to support her it probably wouldn't bother me as much. but i'm going to take your changes and add them to my files and update it on my page.

So when are you going to release Ronan the Accuser, Sbarth? Cannot wait for him!
The original Mar-Vell is the only Marvel that matters.

Quote@Neeboo Nine - good work btw. the only thing i would change would be to use a different skeleton for the menu animations. it just bothers me the she jumps in the air and hovers. if hair sprouted out to support her it probably wouldn't bother me as much. but i'm going to take your changes and add them to my files and update it on my page.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:35 AM by sbarth13 »

That bothered me as well but I don't know how to change it - wouldn't that involve going into 3DS or something?  But I do like how at the menu selection animation she has her back turned, emphasizing the hair before turning around.  Also seems to work out with avoiding some in-game clipping issues with the hair.  I was thinking of using the menu_goodbye animation for the xtreme so I guess I was sort of justifying it that way but I know what you mean.

Besides the xtreme which I pretty much gave up on and left as is, I mentioned on your workbench thread a couple of other things that aren't quite resolved.  One is the effect that doesn't seem to appear if the attack misses the target, and the other is the radial attack effect that I used isn't lined up very well...

The first two shots below are of the 3rd power thrash attack.  It's hard to show in static pictures but it basically fans out and swoops in an arc as she spins.  The misalignment is more noticeable at certain angles and the position from which it first appears and dissipates could probably be improved.  (There's actually a similar alignment issue going on with the 4th power flail attack though with all the chaos that appears with that effect maybe it's not so obvious.)  For the 2nd power entangle attack (third picture below) the effect only appears if there is an enemy or object it connects with, unfortunately it doesn't appear on a miss.

Now that we have a group effort with people looking into further tinkering, maybe someone knows how these can be tweaked.
**EDIT 9/14/14 - Been a while but have been occasionally going back to stuff (mods/variations of mods) and revising things, including this one.  Improved the thrash attack effects, it's hard to get a good screen shot but it's fuller and better aligned than it was.

Changed/added some sounds as well.  Also added a very basic extreme, but it wasn't doing much damage so as a last resort I added a kill damage modifier.   Also includes the menu animation fix (thanks Outsider).  Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r0z1hiym3tybifa/Medusa.rar

Will one of you collect all the final power (and effects) improvements and incorporate them into a single mod once everything has been addressed?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927