The Gays Thread!

Started by мaгvel wатcheг, January 28, 2011, 07:39AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry big boss Teancum, but I do not agree with you this time. It's not a choice.
And all the things that I wanted to say are in this question that edward  posted:

What makes you think that I choose to be gay at the first place?

I'm not rejecting the fact that I'm gay (as I said, i'm very proud of what I am), but I know that my life (especially when I was a kid) would have been easier if I were a straight guy, because we still live in a world where many people has the idea that what they believe is the correct way to live and if other people is different then that person is wrong or doesn't know what he's doing , so why I choose being gay in this world then? I'm a masochistic or something?
Well I never choose it, that's me.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 28, 2011, 04:25PM
Yes maybe you do, but for real, see you make it seem like you cant like a girl, it is possible, and thats horrible to say you would preffer to be normal, if you want to like a girl then you can, seriously!

No we can't and what I'm going to say is without trying to be rude or something, but the whole idea of just trying to be with a girl (in a romantic/sexual way) it's disgusting to me (probably you feel the same about be with another guy, don't you?)
I love women, my best friends are girls, but I can't think on them on another view than just be friends, I can't really.

As marvel watcher and as I posted before, I think that this is a great idea just because here we can discuss about it without just posting in random topics and stay off topic. And not only about this, we can also talk about other things as well :)
Oh and dont' worry people, this wont become a topic of hurtful comments or something, I trust that we are smart people that knows how to behave and that if someone has an opinion, that person will do it in a respectful way towards the opinion from other people. And if that's not the case, I'll do my work as a moderator as I've done on other topics before ;)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Actually no, I dont think it would be werid to be with a guy at all, thats why I think it is a choice, and I totally agree, that this is an awesome topic for everyone to express them selves about their sexuality

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

January 28, 2011, 05:19PM #17 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:21PM by MarvelFan12345
I'm a little mixed on the topic as I have a similar situation but not as much with liking people but as how I act. Anyone who wouldn't know I am a boy would probably assume I am a girl. When I was little I wasn't the typical boy playing in the mud, racing cars, obsessed with explosions, etc. I was quiet, sensitive, passive, and I honestly loved the Disney Princessess. They were my obsession and each day I would crave for their toys, dolls, movies, books, etc. My sister has a dollhouse now and I often have temptations to play with it (but my parents would frown upon it and my sister has trashed it to the point of no return)

My whole life I've always seemed to prefer the female over the male, likely why my fav characters in comics, books, movies, etc. have always been women. The few men who I do enjoy are probably because they don't act like alpha males at all (like Iceman).

Even my voice, which is deep, I keep much higher. I just am not comfortable with a deep voice and it isn't for me while I am perfectly fine with my higher voice. In my head I hear a girl's voice or at least a higher voice than the average adult male. Maybe it could just have to do with wanting to still feel like a child but I'm sure it also has to do with some feminine instincts within me. Medically I am the average male, but I don't really feel like a guy as much as a girl. Even some people who I could be really close with are women and not men who I don't feel as comfortable around. If this was possible, I would say that I was born as a boy but with a girl's mind because that is how I feel. Maybe I have more female hormones than a male's although my doctors have never noticed anything peculiar about me and be whom they want to be.

I have often tried to be a guy and fit in, but I just can't. Most of the time trying to act like a guy disgusts me so much that I just refuse it. Ever since I was little I knew I was a boy but acted more like a girl. I never wondered why, it was just who I am and felt natural.
Imagine an actress having to play a man for 13 years of her life. You get sick of it after a while especially because of how much easier life would be. I wish I was born as a girl because I think my life would be easier, I'd be happier, and the people around me would also be happier. So I understand how gay, lesbians, etc. feel because I have a similar situation if not harder imo. and I feel as though they should have the right to love whom they please.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on January 28, 2011, 05:19PM
I'm a little mixed on the topic as I have a similar situation but not as much with liking people but as how I act. Anyone who wouldn't know I am a boy would probably assume I am a girl. When I was little I wasn't the typical boy playing in the mud, racing cars, obsessed with explosions, etc. I was quiet, sensitive, passive, and I honestly loved the Disney Princessess. They were my obsession and each day I would crave for their toys, dolls, movies, books, etc. My sister has a dollhouse now and I often have temptations to play with it (but my parents would frown upon it and my sister has trashed it to the point of no return)

My whole life I've always seemed to prefer the female over the male, likely why my fav characters in comics, books, movies, etc. have always been women. The few men who I do enjoy are probably because they don't act like alpha males at all (like Iceman).

I was just like that! Disney Princess, mainly Ariel, they were my girls, and my favorites are always girls

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one like this and not a freak lol.

I think I have something with red heads, thats what my mom says, Ariel, Jean, I have a feeling someone else was in there :/ cant think of it :P Rosemon if you count her rose head hair

January 28, 2011, 07:01PM #21 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:21PM by nodoubt_jr
Quote from: Teancum on January 28, 2011, 02:32PM
Incidentally though intentions are good here this topic will end up going south.  That's why on most forums I moderate or am an admin on politics, religion and sexuality are forbidden topics, as folks feel too strongly one way or the other.

No offense but this thread was going pretty good and positive until you made your comments about it being a choice and your "strong feelings towards monogamous man-woman relationships".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be awesome if people just let others have their threads and let them communicate with each other and support each other, but not everyone will want to play nice and decide it's their duty to make others feel bad about the way they are.

Let the gays have the thread they want to have, is there really a reason to call them out on their life styles? What will you accomplish by insulting them or questioning them? This is suppose to be a thread for them, not a thread for your feelings about homosexuality. If there was a thread for Christians I wouldn't go in there and tell them my negative feelings towards it, I would just let them have their thread.

Let's keep it civil and let people have their thread.

(btw Teancum and others the above statements should not be thought of as going together, they are two different thoughts)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I'm not sure why a person is attracted to one sex or another.  At this point, I think that a person's sexual orientation is genetic (attributed to the hormones as someone mentioned) or is environmental (having something to do with experiences that happen in childhood) or is a combination of genetics and environment.

The feeling we have when we are attracted to someone is not a choice.  Acting on the feeling is the choice.  Straight or gay, we all have the choice of whether we want to date that person we think is attractive.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

January 28, 2011, 10:34PM #23 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:43PM by Nowhere Man
Quote from: ThePhoenix on January 28, 2011, 03:28PM(PS. I feel like a total noob, but what is BS?)

It means bullshit. which means he doesn't believe that.

I don't think we have to worry about this thread going south no matter how opinionated we all are. We can all be civil and respect the fact that people think differently as long as we back our opinions with facts and not hatred we'll be fine.

What I think is weird is people thinking they know what it is to be gay more than gay people themselves. Isn't that a little arrogant?

If it were a choice why is it that even in countries where gay people are perceived as the devil, and there's even death penalty for that, people would still be gay? for the glamour? LOL

I mean, when do straight guys consciously make the choice to be straight? as far as I know it happens naturally. it's not like when you were 12 you started thinking "Well, time to make the decision. Do I wanna be straight or do I wanna be gay, persecuted and discriminated?".

and, as far as science goes, the latest studies speculate that the gene that makes a woman extremely fertile is the same that makes her male children be gay. same thing for fertile men and gay female children. It's like the you're-gonna-be-attracted-to-men-gene. In my personal experience I know of several gay men who have maternal gay uncles, which backs this theory.

yeah, you can still believe it's a choice, but the oldest history in the book is gay men marrying women and spending the rest of their lives miserable. plus, they're also making the women miserable, cause I'm pretty sure straight women want to be with guys who are attracted to them. It's not about choosing who you're gonna date and have relashionships with, cause we can all be self denying and choose to be with someone we know is not right for us. It's about choosing to be happy and truthful to yourself and the rest of the world. It's about believing that the fact that you're attracted to the same gender is not character denifing flaw. And it's not! I mean, if it's between consenting adults and they're not hurting anyone, why is it a bad thing? Why can't people just live and let live and let other people try to be happy to the best of their abilities? Why is it your business who other people sleep with after all?

EDIT: oh, and what is it about Ariel? I was a huge fan of hers when I was a kid too. Had coloring books, the movie soundtrack, Ariel themed crayola crayons and even a doll. Go figure...
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

QuoteWhat I think is weird is people thinking they know what it is to be gay more than gay people themselves. Isn't that a little arrogant?
i was thinking the same thing XD

i personally can't speak for the gay experience, just my own. i probably have one of the most confusing sexual identities i know of. i'm far too masculine to be a feminine man, but too feminine to be a masculine guy. i self identify as a heterosexual male, but i'm still not really "repulsed" by men, so to speak. i mean there isn't really all that much attraction, but still there's not a lack of attraction. if that makes any sense. i've held some pretty engaging conversations with my female friends about how hot some tv stars are XD. there's actually a fair amount of people who have thought or think that i am gay. which isn't really a bad thing it's just kind of confusing :P

i'm not sure if that made any sense or is even on topic but i wanted to get that out and this seemed like a good place for it haha

I know just what you mean. I'm nowhere near normal, even if you do consider being gay normal. I tend to think of myself as being gay but I'm more assexual than anything else. The fact that I'm gay means more that instead on abstaining from women I'm abstaining from men. Either way I'm alone so, what's the difference? But I don't fit any gay stereotype. I don't like fashion at all, I don't like disco music or lady gaga or anything of the sort (except madonna, but hey, it's madonna). Being gay is such a small part of me that it's barely there. Having nerdy tastes (comics, sci-fi and so on), being a political and philosophical idealist and my religious faith defines me a lot more that being gay. The result is that I end up not really fitting in any group. I'm too gay to hang out with straight guys, too straight to hang out with gay guys, too nerd to hang around regular people, have too much common sense to hang around nerds. So, I'm not really accepted anywhere. My very few (2) friends are these freaks like me.

I'm probably asexual at least for now because I don't really get attracted to men or women. Like anyone I know who is pretty or hot and who is not but I don't really feel attracted to them. BTW Ariel was my fav Disney Princess too. I moved on from her when I grew up but I begged my mom to let me buy the DVD of the Little Mermaid when it came out. I ended up being hooked to her again for a while.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on January 29, 2011, 09:02AM
I'm probably asexual at least for now because I don't really get attracted to men or women. Like anyone I know who is pretty or hot and who is not but I don't really feel attracted to them. BTW Ariel was my fav Disney Princess too. I moved on from her when I grew up but I begged my mom to let me buy the DVD of the Little Mermaid when it came out. I ended up being hooked to her again for a while.

Ha ha Ariel rules! We need a thred, just for her XD, I own the Dvd, 2 different VHS's, I had millions of the dolls, 2 pillows, I had a video game XD

Quote from: Toothless on January 29, 2011, 01:30PM
Nowhere man - How did your parents left yu buy ariel's doll. I would love to have one but my father didn't let me buy it neither the dvd. I bought it secretly

when I was 8 I went to Disneyworld and that was my highest point in The Little Mermaid fanboyism. I saw a doll, asked my parents and they bought it. I grew up with two older sisters and was always alone as a child. Maybe they just guessed that, at least with a doll, I'd be able to play with my sisters.

and I do have the DVD as well, but that I bought for myself. my parents would never have a problem with that. I have dozens of cartoon DVDs. I've always loved cartoons as a child and never stopped loving them till this very day.You'll notice that if you read my thread called "NM's nostalgia corner"

January 29, 2011, 04:15PM #29 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:00PM by Rain
this thread is touching
I AM GAY ;D I feel weird telling it in here .... I'm gay only in private, in public I'm so normal as I should be
I'm kind of a lover. I can feel the emotions stronger. I felt attracted to men, in a sexual way, about a few years ago...
About women, I don't feel sexual attracted to them, but I have female best friends, I am able to be a women's best friend, like a brother or so...
Anyway, I think also the zodiac says some things about a person, so I'm Libra. I'm a Libra gay :)
About people who knows that... I am not ready for that. Only some gay dear friends know that ... I'm just afraid about negative things could happen if people would know about me.
I always hope that tomorrow will be a better day :)
But... I'm happy as I am, I have many skills as a gay man ... :P hehe
<A HREF="http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8019.0.html">CHECK OUT MY XML II MODS HERE</A>