Remastered Interface - Updated 02-05-2022 by ak2yny

Started by UltraMegaMagnus, February 01, 2018, 01:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 01, 2018, 01:44PM Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 08:05AM by UltraMegaMagnus
MUA 7th Generation and Remaster Edition Interface

Download here
Easy installation with optionals

Credits :
Activision, Marvel, Beenox, Krisan Thyme for Remastered UI files from his from MUA Gold Content + ak2yny for fixing and updating files + Alchemy + Nikita488, KingAdam, Activision, Xentax and the MUA Forum.

Additional Credits :
Update by UltraMegaMagnus (general fixes and updates) and ak2yny (options and simulator menus, Remaster font [big]), Rampage (previews)

Notes :
- Please backup before you replace anything, or use Mod Organizer 2.
- When installing optional files with Mod Orgnaizer, the main archive must first be unpacked.
- This mod includes files that might conflict with with other UI/HUD, font, controller, or language mods.
- The background edges of custom stages might be visible (screenshot).

Link to Remaster HUD approach

Known Issue & compatibilty :
You can install this at any time during your playthrough, for MUA 2006 only, it won't affect the gameplay, characters at all.
Don't ALT+Tab though, that might cause the game to crash and waste fullscreen effect (if enabled from video settings, generally MUA don't like when we ALT-Tab), if you encounter this issue, do alt+ctrl+L and force close MUA.

UI RE Custom HUD by UMM - Issue related to the alternate edited png in texs folder :
Hud with thinner healthbar, but with issues, no more background for interaction dialog, which make hard to see what you can pick and no more layer below the hero healthbar (no big deal imo). It's because I removed the shadow part in the png file to make thinner healthbar.

Nice job, the Next-Gen interface is much better when compared to the old one.

2 things though: I think it would look even beter if you managed to add the font from MUA Remastered as well... and I recommend using Fraps for taking screenshots, as the game's default screenshot feature messes up a few parts.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Dude, this change is fantastic! The  interface of the menu of play / options slightly hinders the presentation video. Is there any way to keep the old interface just in this start screen?

February 13, 2018, 10:53AM #5 Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 04:37AM by UltraMegaMagnus
Quote from: andersonbrazil on February 07, 2018, 05:59PM
Dude, this change is fantastic! The  interface of the menu of play / options slightly hinders the presentation video. Is there any way to keep the old interface just in this start screen?

I tried, but did not found any solution unfortunately, the file changing the interface menu of play seems to be somehow linked with the start screen :(
So putting back the old interface menu also change the start screen :(
One solution could be changing the texture of the igb, but I can't found the offset.
The file is in ui\models/m_common_frame.igb

Update to this post, I found a dirty workaround to get a clean start screen :
remove m_main_left_frame.igb and m_common_frame.igb in ui/models folders, but the background will be completely transparent. this trick works fine with the original interface though.

Impressive! Now it has improved 100%! I already installed your update and started to enjoy. Thanks!

February 16, 2018, 09:03AM #7 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:13AM by UltraMegaMagnus
You're welcome^^
I tweaked a the hud to be similar to Remastered, there is again issues, but playable.
If you want to remove hud of npc without dialog, remove their hud file.
What is changed :
Hud with thinners health bar with transparency, deleted useless hud stuff in health bar, but with issues, no more background for interaction dialog, which make hard to see what you can pick and no more layer below the hero healthbar, also no more timer, credit icon because I'm too lazy to add them lol
How to : extract to your game folder
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lu8dxqspor018yd/texs.7z

Feel free to edit, share these to your liking^^

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on February 16, 2018, 09:33AM
It would be cool to do something like this for XML2

Not impossible i already replace the dialog with ones from XML and MUA PS2 but with MUA2 the models are weard xD.

Quote from: KingAdam85 on February 17, 2018, 06:40AM
I also got the xml menu to work to a extent. (Very Buggy)

You mean in MUA? I was thinking of implementing the XML2 character selection system since I'm not a big fan of mannequins...
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: Maegawa on February 17, 2018, 09:01AM
You mean in MUA? I was thinking of implementing the XML2 character selection system since I'm not a big fan of mannequins...

That would be cool. I'm not much of a fan of mannequins myself.

Quote from: Maegawa on February 17, 2018, 09:01AM

Nope in xml2 but that is a good idea tho mite have a look at it.