COHOLLOW'S X-MEN LEGENDS 2 CATALOG

Started by Cohollow, June 11, 2019, 07:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
When you edit the herostat, is it properly displaying the command prompt that says "press enter"? (As opposed to the command prompt quickly flashing on screen). If so, that means your game isn't detecting herostat changes. It's a weird glitch, and seemingly the only solution to it is to move your game files to a different folder. Just move the whole X-Men legends 2 folder to another place

April 21, 2020, 10:01AM #181 Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:11PM by Kaneko
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on April 21, 2020, 05:49AM
When you edit the herostat, is it properly displaying the command prompt that says "press enter"? (As opposed to the command prompt quickly flashing on screen). If so, that means your game isn't detecting herostat changes. It's a weird glitch, and seemingly the only solution to it is to move your game files to a different folder. Just move the whole X-Men legends 2 folder to another place

Thanks, I'll try that, do all from scratch and double check.

Edit:

Everything working as intended now, reinstall on different drive.

Found the cause anyway, screwed the skin related.pkgb files and that was the reason.

In the process I learned a lot about those files.

Thanks as always.

:beast:  Going Dark (Beast)  :beast:

I've not made a post or uploaded any info for upcoming releases in a bit now. Since a good chunk of u r probably waiting on info about the next big thing, i figured i should go over my progress thus far. With the release of Avalanche I've felt a sort of relief at getting so many of my ongoing projects released. IRL is a real kick in the pants right now and I'm rather enjoying not being consumed with my mods. So I have made little to no progress on any of my upcoming mods since Avalanche dropped. I think I may continue going dark for a time before creating new content. Some older downloads may drop during this time (there r probably a few that went dark already and i just dont know) so be sure to hit me up in the PM's as i'll still be running maintenance in the background to make sure everything keeps functioning. Hit me up if any downloads drop or if any new bugs or concerns come up. As always happy modding and happy gaming, friends!

A PM To Be Shared

Hey Precious! Looks like I'll respond to your message on this thread since ur inbox is full, and i'd very much like to be able to respond to u. This message also covers some info other regulars of this thread will find informative anyway. Copy/paste is my friend after typing all that out. Keep in mind when reading this that in the PM's I'm more likely to touch on things that are more of a personal nature so i will not be making a habit of posting such messages here very often. I also wish to keep this thread as clean of unnecessary or off topic noise as possible. please remember to get ur account verified by saying hello here: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4324.msg81673.html#msg81673 otherwise I wont be able to respond to u. i dont know why not being registered would affect incoming messages as opposed to outgoing messages, but that does seem to be the case. more than half the messages i get i cant respond to and thats a real bummer, so please make sure to have ur accounts verified before u hit me up. Trust me its worth it! i tend to share some fun inside info in the PM's that the viewers of my thread don't get to see ;) Anyway, my response is the following.

:quicks: My Response :quicks:

Hey thanks for the message and your kind words of support! I wish i could say that quicksilver will be releasing soon, but im very self critical and end up going over the same character over and over again until im happy with things. This is also why I can never set release dates for my projects as u suggested. I also will never have release dates because I wont be able to keep on such a schedule. If I put too much pressure on myself, it'll feel more like work than fun and that will accelerate the rate at which i lose interest for modding. Real life tends to get in the way of me being able to dedicate more time and effort to the mods and lately I've been having less and less fun making mods because im putting too much pressure on myself to get them right and out in good time. For this reason I'm taking a bit of a break from modding so I can get my head straight and feel that spark again.

On the topic of Quicksilvers powers, i mostly feel the same way. It can be a struggle to make powers sometimes due to the limitations I need to work under. The clap is something I very much plan to find a replacement for before release, but I've yet to decide on what the replacement will be. It's important for me to consider what powers he has already and decide on something that fills any blind spots he may have in his combat style without going outside of his combat style. In regards to the ground pound, i would like to have something thats perhaps more speedster-like as u say, but options are limited with the animations i have to work with. Currently the way it functions is he leaps into the air and then slams into the ground at accelerated speeds to make a sort of sonic boom. I feel this to be fitting, but I may be able to do better. only time will tell. I hope if I don't come up with something else, people will still enjoy my decision to include the ground slam. I've had Quicksilver on the brain since I started modding and really want him to come out well and feel right! Be sure to continue sending me feedback and thoughts on my mods, its very much appreciated!

Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm posting updates for ongoing projects again. Hold tight, and happy modding friend!

Hemlot's Incredible Flash Mod

While I went dark (Beast), Hemlot and BaconWizard put great work into finishing and releasing a super dope Flash Mod! He features incredibly detailed and diverse skins and icons made specifically for this mod by the great Baconwizard! With a rlly fun set of powers that feel so very flashy, this mod is sure to tide everyone over until Quicksilver gets released and then some!

https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9693.msg199045.html#msg199045

:archangel:  A New Pair Of Wings  :archangel:

It would seem some very talented modders have finally been able to work out how to model Angels wings! This means all new skins and designs! who else is super stoked?? Since I have yet to go back and improve on my original Angel build, this seems like the perfect time to do so. The new updated Angel will of course feature all new high quality skins for Angel as well as various improvements on functionality and other minor changes. If anyone has ideas questions or thoughts on the matter, be sure to hit me up with a PM!

The Beast has awoken.  :beast:

July 16, 2020, 07:02PM #186 Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:08PM by Cohollow
Shared Talents Update

Guess who finally released something new. This guy! The shared talents that go along with my mods got a nice big update. With all new high quality Icons by the talented BaconWizard, you won't wanna miss out on this one! Follow this link to a new thread that houses the new mod and goes into more detail on the affects this mod will have on all your characters shared talents!

Also note that these fresh new icons (not including the striker icon) were made for the new patch that we've spent so long putting together. Consider this a sneak peek at the improvements that will be made to all in game icons in our hella dope upcoming patch!

https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10916.msg199255.html#msg199255

:archangel:   The Next Release   :archangel:

Its very likely that my next release will be Angel. There have been some killer developments that have lead to a number of fantastic new Angel skins being made! This has inspired me to go back and update my original Angel mod with not only the new skins, but many other minor fixes, improvements, and clean ups. Small oversights and inaccuracies will be fixed, and many other additions and features will be included! Below you can see one of BaconWizards new skins in action!  :quicks: While I had intended for Quicksilver to be the next release, I've gotten rather burned out on the project so its been pushed back some. While hes nearly finished and fully functioning, i suspect he will end up taking a back seat for a little while much like Avalanche did.  :quicks:

Check out Bacons new Angel skins here (more to come from what I hear) : https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10629.msg199182.html#msg199182

Angel looks great on the move! Once I get my research paper done, I'll be rounding out his catalog

:archangel:   A Wild Spacedude Appeared   :archangel:

While updating Angel I noticed a lack of voice packs for our boy Angel and brought it up with tubularspacedude. Like a champ, spacedude decided to take the time to put together a fresh new voice pack to be featured in the upcoming update! He has a solid catalog of voice packs, including the new Angel voice pack, that i highly recommend giving a look-see here: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10887.msg198899.html#msg198899

But wait theres more! Baconwizard has taken the time to help me make all new high quality power icons for Angel to be featured in the update as well. Aside from that, heres a lil look at some changes that have been made to the power I have renamed Dive Bomb. Originally enemies could still hit Angel while he was in the air during this power by attacking the location he would be if he were still on the ground. This is no longer the case! This power now makes proper use of the evasive nature of his flying combat style in a unique way that makes for a great counter against thick mobs.

I hope you create a booster for regular jean grey someday... I LOVE your work. Thank you so much =)
Hey there! Have a great day o/

Quote from: nathios on July 21, 2020, 07:13PM
I hope you create a booster for regular jean grey someday... I LOVE your work. Thank you so much =)

I feel ya. I've been waiting for Jean Grey and Sunfire hehe

I'm rlly glad to have so many active fans of my work and can't wait to get my next release out there! Jeans a character that I RLLY wanna get released, but there are so many things that I keep prioritizing for one reason or another. Sunfire is a bit of a different story. He's on my list but gets overshadowed by other more unique characters due to his similarities to Pyro.

As I improve and change my formula, I also find myself looking back on older releases with new ideas, fixes and improvements. The 3 that I feel are in the greatest need of big improvements are Sabretooth, Scarlet Witch, and Iceman. My plans are in constant flux as new developments are constant within the community. I didn't think I'd be working on the Angel update for a time as I'm pretty happy with his current state, but then all the great new skins for him started coming out. I wish the development of these mods didn't take so long, but I'm sure that once they are released they won't disappoint!

:archangel:   Air Raid   :archangel:

I'm really happy with how the new Xtreme turned out!