Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Lags's Gamecube Works (6/13/2020): Infinite Factory  (Read 103438 times)

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 40
  • Loves the Generic faceless Soldiers
Re: Lags's Gamecube Exclusives (5/14/2020): Combat Elite Soldier
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2020, 09:12pm »
This is great! It's a shame to see that the devs really mailed it in on the advanced sentinel model though; they didn't even fix that the chin is weighted to the chest. It's a really great mod though! Will it come to PC?

Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate for the sentinel advanced. I also tried using his PS2 skin for slight better quality. Works fine in the character menu and base camps, but crashes when entering the combat zones. He may be bonus skin for now, but the actual npc might be my next NPC hero when I can think of a moveset for his small animation kit.

And for Combat Elite:

He definitely will in future updates! A goal of mine is to carry my heroes over to the PC's roster.
My GCN Mods for X-Men Legends 1 and 2, here.

Useful guides to XML GCN Modding

I'm more active on Marvel Mod's discord. Easily reachable there.

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
Re: Lags's Gamecube Works (5/14/2020): Infinite Factory
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2020, 07:41pm »
It's been a while since I updated. Time to release some things I previously finished and keep myself active on here.

Acolytes:
-------------------------------------------------

Betraying Magneto and the Brotherhood, some members of his Acolytes have chosen to side with Apocalypse to follow his steps with having only the strong to survive. They replace over the the enemies that previously appeared in the specific sections of the factory, and operate the same as they do in X-Men Legends 1. You'll encounter most of them in the Fusion Core. Be careful not to rush into them all at once. As a group, these guys are a force to be reckoned with.

Enemy Information: (Fusion Core)

Name: Apocalypse Acolyte
Leader Name: Apocalypse Liegeman
Level: 27
Powers: Shock Blast (stuns targets), Shockwave (180 degree arc),
Misc: Energy Resistance

Name: Apocalypse Warrior
Leader Name: Apocalypse Champion
Level: 28
Powers: Heavy Punch, Ground Slam (AOE)
Misc: Physical Resistance, Knockback Resistance

Name: Apocalypse Adept
Leader Name: Apocalypse Proficient
Level: 29
Powers: Stun Blast (name specifies), Teleport Escape, Minion Revive
Misc: Mental Resistance

Enemy Information: (Assembly Factory)

Name: Apocalypse Bruiser
Leader Name: Apocalypse Champion
Level: 29
Powers: Heavy Punch, Ground Slam (AOE)
Misc: Physical Resistance, Knockback Resistance

Nuclear Lab Tech Enemies:
------------------------------------------------------------------

I previously released this map before but recently made some minor edits to it. Also adding it into the download pack. Minor information is they're enemies armed with an Mp5, re-using Nuclear Lab Tech models from the previous game. They borrow the power moves from the Mercenary enemies of this game. 

Enemy Information: (Engineering)

Name: Factory Guard
Leader Name: Factory Officer
Level: 26
Powers: Rapid Fire and Gun Whacks opponents
Misc: Equipped with an Mp5

Enemy Information: (Central Processing)

Name: Factory Expert Guard
Leader Name: Factory Officer
Level: 28
Powers: Rapid Fire and Gun Whacks opponents
Misc: Equipped with an Mp5

Bonus BGM

Included in the pack also contains the Nuclear Power Plant BGM from XML 1 that replaces the Infinite Factory's BGM.
Feel free to apply them into the sounds directory to give the area an X-Men Legends 1 feel.

Infinite Map Pack:

Playable Acolytes for Danger Room NPCs coming soon!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:10pm by Lags »

Offline Jack of All Trades

• Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 0
Re: Lags's Gamecube Works (6/13/2020): Infinite Factory
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2020, 05:40pm »
So, I just tried out your X-Men Legends 2 mod for Gamecube and it works pretty well. It's pretty slick how you got the 20th Character in. Is there any way to change out the NPC version of Sabertooth in the opening? Possibly with Storm? That way, there's not two of him running around?

Barring that, would you consider releasing a version that doesn't add a 20th member? I just can't look past the two Sabertooth/disappearing Storm thing from the tutorial stage but I would still love the chance to use the rest of the mod.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:53pm by Jack of All Trades »

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2020, 11:12pm »
So, I just tried out your X-Men Legends 2 mod for Gamecube and it works pretty well. It's pretty slick how you got the 20th Character in. Is there any way to change out the NPC version of Sabertooth in the opening? Possibly with Storm? That way, there's not two of him running around?

Barring that, would you consider releasing a version that doesn't add a 20th member? I just can't look past the two Sabertooth/disappearing Storm thing from the tutorial stage but I would still love the chance to use the rest of the mod.

Thanks for letting me know of the issue. I might have forgot to replaced the tutorial map in the download when I removed a bunch of unused files to free space for the assetsfb, where Storm replaces NPC Sabretooth in the tutorial. I'll post up a download link for the correct tutorial map as soon as possible.

Edit:

Here's a link to the fix. It should be corrected now with Storm being over NPC Sabretooth.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gq72muav600bqg/tutorial1.fb/file
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:36pm by Lags »

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2020, 06:52am »
How do I install this? I'm not seeing this file anywhere on the ISO?

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2020, 10:20am »
How do I install this? I'm not seeing this file anywhere on the ISO?

You'll have to right-click -> open archive on your assetsfb.wad with winRAR or 7-zip. If your assetsfb is not laying anywhere on your desktop, right-click and export it out of your ISO first.

The tutorial map is located under:
packages -> generated -> maps -> act0 -> tutorial.

Then drag and drop to replace the tutorial1.fb in the archive with the fixed one from the link above. After you're doing the following, open your ISO with GCN Rebuilder and right-click -> import your updated assetsfb.wad over the old one in the ISO and you should be ready to go.

I made sure to double-check I uploaded the correct file. Let me know if Storm still doesn't appear.

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2020, 12:56pm »
It totally works and I'm dumb. I didn't understand your readme and I had no idea how to insert the file or that it was 7zip compatible.  Sorry about that. Now that I know how to actually do this.., About a million years ago I made a deadpool booster to bring him inline with the other broken characters in the game for PC. Are those PC boosters compatible with console? If so, has anyone made a set that balances the characters all out?

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 104
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2020, 07:23pm »
It totally works and I'm dumb. I didn't understand your readme and I had no idea how to insert the file or that it was 7zip compatible.  Sorry about that. Now that I know how to actually do this.., About a million years ago I made a deadpool booster to bring him inline with the other broken characters in the game for PC. Are those PC boosters compatible with console? If so, has anyone made a set that balances the characters all out?

For the most part, you can port anything from PC over to console (except for sounds; each console uses its own format that's distinct from PC, and besides PC, only XBOX is compatible with the sound editor). The only drawback for GameCube, however, is the memory limits. While the GameCube will support PS2 (PNG8) skins, they're generally too big for the GameCube, so it can't take a bunch of them. To port a mod or booster to consoles, you'll need to build the fb packages for the character.

As for boosters that balance the characters out, currently, several members (myself included) are working on the X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch, which will iron out a lot of the shortcomings of the base game. Character fixes, new and updated visuals, and lots of quality of life improvements. Stay tuned for that! It'll be coming to consoles as well hopefully.

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2020, 08:39pm »
As for boosters that balance the characters out, currently, several members (myself included) are working on the X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch, which will iron out a lot of the shortcomings of the base game. Character fixes, new and updated visuals, and lots of quality of life improvements. Stay tuned for that! It'll be coming to consoles as well hopefully.

Yup!

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2020, 12:39pm »
Glad everything worked well! As Bacon mentioned about the ultimate patch, once it's finished and released to public, all the elements and features I included in my current pack for consoles for will also be shifted over into the ultimate patch to keep itself steady with the PC's.

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2020, 03:06pm »
Shared Talent: Hologram Heroes

Introducing an upcoming shared talent that will soon be an exclusive feature for the gamecube port and will also be likely included in the Ultimate Patch. This little feature will serve as a nice in-game element for a lot of our PC converted heroes for the mean time.

What's a Hologram Hero?

A hologram hero is an aesthetic talent that's goal is to pose as an in-game element as if it was an official thing. To express my creativity, it makes a hero into a faded figure, and have them assume the position of being a mere reflection of the actual being. Due to the lack of voice modding for the GCN, certain heroes if I plan to convert over from the PC port will have this talent included in their herostats, and make it more appropriate for them as being muted characters for the mean time. Not to worry, the shared talent won't change any play style on a hero's power moves, just their appearance.

Video preview below of Cohollow's Beast, along with Jubilee and Magma (two test characters) as Hologram Heroes.

https://imgur.com/bwdAD1O

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:53am by Lags »