Apocalypse: "I have an army."
Heroes: "We have a Sentinel."
Either Bolivar Trask was desperate and lent one of his Sentinels to aid the mutants just this once, or Forge found this Sentinel, destroyed, near the X-Mansion and patched him up with his modifications. Regardless of how it made its way into the hero's team, the mutant exterminating robot can finally take the field.Costumes:Spoiler
- He appears small in the preview images, but his actual size is larger in game and Team Menu.
- The Sentinel uses two different animation skeletons for his character.fb and character_nc.fb. The _nc skeleton is only meant to allow me to set a menu_action and menu_goodbye for him. His main skeleton is used in his normal .fb that operates in combat maps. His PC conversion will not have this feature and is only exclusive for the GameCube.Skin 1Skin 2Skin 3Skin 4Skin 5
Energy BeamGeneral Information:Spoiler
: A beam blasted from the Sentinel's eyes.Coil Restraint
: A projectile that wraps around it's victim, immobilizing them for a short time. Can shoot more at higher levels.Sentinel Stomp
: Heavy stomps the ground, knocking surrounding enemies away. Can put out fires.Drone Gun
: Deploys a tiny drone that fires at nearby targets.Device Barrier
: Drops a machine on the ground, creating a forcefield to prevent enemies from engaging.Missile Launcher
: Shoots homing missiles from both hands that targets victims. Also causes explosion damage.Artillery Fire
: Fires high-powered rounds into the air. Hailing into enemies and surrounding objectsBuffs:Insulation Shield
: Reflects a proportion of damage taken back at enemies. Also damages enemies that come in contact with the shield.Threat Detector
: Scans the surrounding area revealing enemy threats, decreasing their ATK and DEF.Xtremes:NEUTRALIZE
: Generates large amounts of energy causing a devastating explosion. Nullifies enemy powers temporarily.RAMPAGING ROBOT
: Power level rises to it's highest. Breaks through objects effortlessly, and defeat most enemies with one hitPassivesLearning Program:
A special program that gives advantage when fighting enemies. Increases $AR and $DRSentinel Mk Upgrade:
Adds damage and critical chance to all power attacks.Mechanized Armor:
Increases resistance to elemental, radiation, and mental attacks and reduces physical damage taken.
Button Combination List:Spoiler
Sentinel X focuses mainly on projectiles and beams despite being a Bruiser. Due to his bulk and slow attacks, projectiles were the perfect way to go to get him to defend himself before he gets swarmed by enemies. His Sentinel Stomp will provide the most support for himself as it's the only AOE power that will help shave off the nuisance that try to gang up on him. He runs on his own unique play style compared to the other heroes. His herostat uses the Fightstyle_Wrestling just to give him damages of a Bruiser. However, none his basic attacks uses anything from the fightstyle_wresting kit due to his model clipping through the ground when he does any animations from it. His button combination in his basic attacks are also reduced due to me having to limit myself using certain animations for them. They're also reused FightMoves that were renamed to allow him performing more events like removing enemy buffs that require certain button combinations. I gave him a double jump mechanic because I didn't want him to perform the double-axe handle in the air, and removed his eligibility in doing it. It didn't feel right having a large character like him performing it. Finally, his hurt box is the same size as all default heroes, despite his large model. Setting his hurt box larger wouldn't have allowed him to walk through doors or small gaps.
Assembling his fightstyle was the most difficult task for me. It caused a ton of errors that led to other characters not working properly due to his large file sizes limits. It almost drove me to the point of scrapping this mod entirely, but after I figured out and fix his problem, i was able to finish and release his character. Most of the files in his data folder, as well as his entire character packaging seem pretty close to their limits that would've had him causing issues in the game, had I not made the final adjustments. But I'm glad I was able to get his character to run properly for the console version, and also shouldn't have any problems for the PC version as well.
Overall, I hope you enjoy him. I took a lot of time and effort using what he has in his animation kit to get him to perform like a playable character.
Below is a list of button combinations in his fightstyle to understand how he performs.
Attack+Attack+Attack -> Triple Attack
Attack+Attack+Smash -> Pop Up Combo (does not send opponent flying)
Attack+Smash+Attack -> Attack Trip (can trip opponent)
Attack+Smash+Smash -> Attack Knockback (does not knock opponent down)
Smash+Smash -> Attackheavy1 and 2
Smash+Attack+Smash (OR Attack) -> Attack Stun (can stun opponent)
- Can Double Jump
- Capable of pushing heavy scripted objects (ex: those that have X logos on them)
- Cannot pick up objects, but immediately launches them upon initiating the GUARD command next to it
- Grabbing opponents is replaced with triggering the FightMove attacklight1.
- His large size can destroy small objects just by walking over them, and can push friendly NPCs around.
- Collision is the same size as all other heroes despite his large model, so heroes can jump and clip over him. If attempting to set it higher, he wouldn't be able to progress through doors or small gaps. His collision will remain this way till I figure out a better solution which increases his collision and able to walk through smaller areas.
Jayglass for making the character select portrait.