Author Topic: rdh94's Mods (Shadowcat MHO Conversion) *UPDATED with Version 1.2*  (Read 565 times)

Offline rdh94

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 3
Shadowcat Marvel Heroes Conversion

Hello all! To be honest, wasn't sure if I was going to release this, as idk what people would think about it, but nonetheless, I have decided to release my Shadowcat mod, which includes Lockheed!

In a sense, one can think of this mod as a Marvel Heroes Omega conversion of sorts, as that is what the powers are based on, where the voice is from, and where in general a lot of the inspiration comes from in terms of how she plays. She has a total of ten powers (six main powers, two boosts, one toggle, and one XTREME), six extendable combos (more on those in a bit), and four costumes.

I did my best to try and incorporate every aspect of the character (her phasing, her ninja training, Lockheed, the stuff with the Soulsword, her training with Wolverine, and her many team-ups), though not so much her Guardians phase, as skinning is far beyond my abilities- hopefully sometime in the future someone can giver her a Star Lord skin!

This is my very first mod, so idk if it will be on the level of what some are used to here, but hopefully some will like it, or at the very least it may be used as a basis for future modding.

Without further ado, an overview:

Her Powers

1). Non-Corporeal Beatdown- Shadowcat pummels enemies whilst phasing right through them.
2). Spitballs- Kitty directs Lockheed to shoot an explosive fireball at the target, causing Fire DMG.
3). Disciplined Strike- Shadowcat uses her katanas to perform a deadly multi-hit sword attack. 
4). Heartbreaker- Kitty phases her hand through foes, giving their heart a squeeze, with a chance for a critical hit
5). Turn Up The Heat- Lockheed sets enemies ablaze, acting as Kitty’s personal flamethrower.
6). Shadowcat's Pirouette- Shadowcat uses her dancing skills to perform spin attacks with her katanas.
7). Walking Through Walls   - Kitty becomes intangible, allowing enemies and objects to pass through her. Attacking, Jumping, blocking, dodging, and using powers turns Kitty solid again.
8). Buddy System- Kitty shares her team-up experience and ninjitsu skills with her team, increasing team DMG and chance for critical hits. She also enters a partially phased state where she shocks enemies with her melee attacks.
9). Soulsword- Kitty wields the Soulsword, giving her basic attacks that deal energy damage. Due to her comparatively limited experience, only her basic light attack and heavy attack are affected.
10). Phased Out - Kitty phases underneath the ground and then pops up all around the battlefield, uppercutting enemies. She then returns to the center of the battlefield and phases parts of the ground, causing any enemies that falls into those parts to fall through the floor and instantly die.

Skins

ALL SKINS BY Aventureiromax and boreman! Check out their stuff!

1). Astonishing
2). Excalibur
3). Age of Apocalypse
4). SHIELD

Extendable Combos

X = Light Attack, O = Heavy Attack

1). X, O, X, X - Lockheed Rush (Kitty sends out Lockheed to attack enemies around the battlefield; controls like Cap's SHIELD and can be cancelled out of by blocking, dodging, using light or heavy attacks, and powers)

2). X, O, X, O - Ground Phase (Kitty phases the ground for a moment, causing enemies to trip; AOE trip)

3). X, O, O, X - TagTeam (Kitty and Lockheed attack in tandem, with Lockheed firing out three fireballs and Kitty delivering a quick kick for melee damage; functions as both a melee attack and ranged attack, though works best at melee range).

4). X, O, O, O - Claw Slash (Kitty uses Wolverine's bone claw that she carried around with her for a time; does a high amount of damage).

5). X, X, O, X - Dragon Breath (At Kitty's direction, Lockheed shoots an arc of flame at enemies, doing Fire DMG and leaving a small fire on the ground that burns enemies over time.

6). X, X, O, O - Soulsword Slash (Kitty unleashes all the power of the Soulsword, unleashing a wave of energy in an arc; pops up enemies in a HUGE arc- perhaps too huge lol.

These extendable combos are kind of vital to early game play, as her first power functions kind of like a grab and so does not work on bosses and so until you get her second power at level 5, these combos are very useful against bosses.

Notes

1). If you have the White Ranger mod, this mod will conflict at the mannequin and loadscreen

2). Typically best to play in teams of three due to high FightMove count.

3). No need to have the original Shadowcat mod in order to play. Be sure to overwrite all existing Shadowcat files with these ones in order for the mod to work properly.

Known Glitches:

1). Cannot jump in bases/pitfall section of game, working in all other areas.    

2). Due to the nature of her phase script, you may fall through the floor at times, so I would be very careful using it. In my testing I only fell through the floor if I unphased while inside of an object, so don't do that. Otherwise you should hopefully be fine, but I did not test in every single area.

Credits:

-Astonishing, Excalibur, and Age of Apocalypse skins by Aventureiromax, SHIELD skin by boreman, and mannquin by Aventureiromax,

-Loading screen by Outsider

-AoA Hud by AllanHoult

-power coding, bolton-importing, animation importing, hex-editing, talent coding, sound editing, etc. by me (rdh94)

Special Thanks:

-nodoubtjr. and Norrin Rad for the original XML2 and MUA mods.

-Gazillion entertainment for their awesome rendition of Kitty Pryde in MHO, which this is based on.

-Ceamonks890 for providing the Lockheed model from Marvel Heroes, and for convincing me my Lockheed bolton idea wasn't crazy, thus inspiring me to do the mod in the first place.

-UltraMegaMagnus for answering all of my incessant questions and pointing me in the right direction countless times, and for providing all of Kitty's sound files from Marvel Heroes 2015/2016/Omega.

-Cohollow for giving me ideas for how to implement powers and for helping me with her XTREME coding.

-Outsider for helping me with XTREME coding and 1.2 Update suggestions.

-JulioCabral for pointing out what kind of files I needed to start importing Lockheed.

-iammingy for the Soulsword bolton.

-andersonbrazil for all of his video tutorials and 1.2 Update suggestions, without which this would not be accomplished.

-everyone who has ever provided a tutorial here in general, as I looked through so many and they were all helpful in some way.

-anyone else I forgot- will add if I think of more!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hx0vaxl052swtr7/Shadowcat_Mod_1.2.zip/file

Version 1.2 Update

-Changed timing of XTREME.

-Grabsmash should be working.

-Changed Walking Through Walls so that it now deactivates upon attacking with regular attacks, extendable combos, and powers in addition to jumping and blocking.

-Updated text of Walking Through Walls so that it specifically mentions to use it on a level plain/at the same altitude it was activated at.

-Updated text of Phased Out so that it now mentions that enemies who are not kill instantly by falling through the floor are tripped.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 03:33pm by rdh94 »

Offline Julio Cabral

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 168
Re: rdh94's Mods (Shadowcat MHO Conversion)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 04:12am »
It looks awesome. I hope for XML II conversion.

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 20
  • Private Message Disabled
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 11:40am »
 :applause:, Always good to see new modders release, Lockheed powers are really well done  :applause:
Rules of Modding (READ IT) :
https://gtamods.com/wiki/Rules_of_Modding

Install Alchemy to preview igb custom model http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8626.0.html

Private message disabled.

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 229
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 11:58am »
Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it certainly sounds like an improvement over the original. Well done.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes: 80
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 06:25pm »
YAY! I was thinking how Shadowcat is an underrated character and should have been in the X-Men Legends games as playable. Glad someone gave her a chance.

Also, I spiced up your first post with an image and some flair to the title text.

Offline TheMK

• Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 7
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 08:56pm »
Nice work! Shadowcat is awesome!
My life, my love, and my lady is the sea.

Offline Aventureiromax

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 127
  • Skinner
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 06:22am »
I tested it and found it a lot of fun ;) Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work  :applause: :jumping: :rockon: :thumbsup2:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 87
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 11:18am »
This is awesome! I canít wait to give it a try! Itís so awesome to see new modders

Offline andersonbrazil

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 131
  • The greatest hero died because of many.
Welcome to this engaging world of modification for MUA and congratulations! Your first mod is so much fun!
The greatest hero died because of many.