Shadowcat Marvel Heroes Conversion
Assigned Number: 76 (clashes at loadscreen and mannequin with White Ranger mod)
Trigger Count: 343 (Default and Block Powers), 214 (Reducer)
Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3qbs3hj06t6k20l/Shadowcat+5.0.zip/file
Hello all! Shadowcat has once again been updated to version 5.0! Now updated with an Air Walk ability and Red Queen skin.
For starters, there are three versions of this mod.
The first version plays like any other default character. In this version, her block powers have been folded into her main powerset. Phasing Ninja and Disciplined Strike are now one power, Heartbreaker and Watch Your Step are now one power, Turn Up the Heat and Dragon Breath are now one power, and Buddy System and Lockheed Rush/Line of Fire/Dragon Charge are now one power.
How this works is that you press the button for Disciplined Strike/Heartbreaker/Dragon Breath/Lockheed Rush and hold the button for Phasing Ninja/Watch Your Step/Turn Up the Heat/Buddy System (only holding activates the boost, so you can use Lockheed Rush while another boost is active).
The second version is like prior versions, where there are normal powers and then block powers, just as before.
The third version is a reducer, and greatly lowers the amount of moves Shadowcat has access to in order to make her more stable in teams of four. She has a trigger count in the same area as Hulk for comparison.
You do not have to start a new game to use any of these versions. Just copy the data folder from one version into your main directory for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
Look at the changelog at the end of this post for more details, as there are a whole lot of them.
Without further ado, an overview: Her Powers
1). Non-Corporeal Beatdown
- Shadowcat pummels enemies whilst phasing right through them. If surrounded by multiple enemies, Shadowcat phases the ground, causing enemies to falter and be stunned, she then phases underneath and reappears to deliver a phasing uppercut. While phased, Shadowcat is immune to damage. Press Block at any time during the attack to use the AOE ground phase.
- Kitty directs Lockheed to shoot an explosive fireball at the target, causing Fire DMG. Hold to continue shooting fireballs.
3). Disciplined Strike
- Shadowcat uses her katanas to perform a deadly multi-hit sword attack, doing damage over time and increasing critical chance for a time. Hold for a phasing uppercut.
- Kitty phases her hand through foes, giving their heart a squeeze, with a chance for a critical hit. While this attack is being used, Shadowcat is immune to all attacks. Hold to pull foes under at the cost of all energy.
5). Turn Up The Heat
- Lockheed sets enemies ablaze with a blast of fire. Hold for a continuous stream of flame.
6). Shadowcat's Pirouette
- Shadowcat uses her dancing skills to perform spin attacks with her katanas, doing damage over time. Press Block before or after the spin to execute enemies instantly killing foes at the cost of all your energy.
7). Walking Through Walls
- Kitty becomes intangible, allowing enemies and objects to pass through her. Attacking, Jumping, blocking, dodging, and using powers turns Kitty solid again. Once solid, Kitty remains in a partially phased state, gaining knockback immunity, damage reduction, increased dodge rating, and the ability to shock enemies on contact with phased attacks.
8). Buddy System
- Kitty synergizes her attacks with her team and with Lockheed, altering her melee attacks so that her and Lockheed attack in tandem. Also boosts Combo Damage and XP. Be sure to check out their stuff! Press to control Lockheed directly. Hold for the boost. Continuing holding to summon Lockheed's mate, Puff. Press immediately after activation to summon Lockheed's children.
- Kitty wields the Soulsword, giving her basic attacks that nullify enemy powers and give energy back to you. Also grants immunity to mind control and fear.
10). Phased Out
- Kitty phases underneath the ground and then pops up all around the battlefield, attacking enemies. She then returns to the center of the battlefield and phases the ground close to her, causing enemies within this radius to fall through the floor and die, with all others being tripped. Stats
1). Shadowcat has mental resistance and is unable to be grabbed by demonic leapers.
2). Press and hold Jump after a double jump to walk on the air using phasing powers. Skins
3). Age of Apocalypse
5). Days of Future Past (Movie) / New X-Men
6). All-New X-Men
9). Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
10). Guardians of the Galaxy (maskless Star-Lord costume)
11). X-Men Evolution
12). Bayville Siren
13). Wolverine and the X-Men
14). First Class
15). Age of X
16). Red Queen Defensive Combat Moves (Block Powers Version Only)
1). Watch Your Step (Block + Light Attack)
- Kitty pulls enemies under ground and they fall to their deaths, instantly killing them, but draining all of her energy. Hold Block to cancel. Upgrading Heartbreaker
increases the amount of enemies Kitty will target.
2). Dragon Breath (Block + Heavy Attack)
- At Kitty's direction, Lockheed shoots an arc of flame at the ground, doing Fire DMG and leaving a small fire on the ground that burns enemies over time. Upgrading Turn Up The Heat
increases the damage and energy cost of this move.
3). Lockheed Rush (Block + Grab)
- Kitty sends out Lockheed to attack enemies around the battlefield; controls like Cap's SHIELD and can be cancelled out of by blocking, dodging, using light or heavy attacks, and powers. Upgrading Spitballs
increases the damage and energy cost of this move.
4). Phasing Ninja (Block + Jump)
- Kitty phases underneath the ground and appears underneath enemies, bursting through the ground with her katana. The opening of this move counts as a dodge as she phases underground. Upgrading Shadowcat's Pirouette
increases the damage and energy cost of this move.
- a passive that increases your defense. Upgrading Non-Corporeal Beatdown
increases the amount of defense this passive gives.
6). Dragon Charge (during Lockheed Rush, press Grab)
- direct Lockheed to dart forward at full speed, instantly killing all in his path at the cost of all your energy.
7). Line of Fire (during Lockheed Rush, press Jump)
- Lockheed darts forward while shooting fire, knocking foes back and doing damage over time. Scales with Spitballs
1). No need to have the original Shadowcat mod in order to play. Be sure to overwrite all existing Shadowcat files with these ones in order for the mod to work properly. Credits
-Astonishing, Excalibur, Age of Apocalypse, and Days of Future Past move skins by andersonbrazil. All-New X-Men/Future Fight skin by Julio Cabral. Sprite, First Class, WATXM, and Original skins by lionsden99. X-Men Evolution skin by solario. Star-Lord, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Age of X skins by Zignutu. Agent of SHIELD skin by boreman. Red Queen skin by Teancum.
-Loading screens by Outsider and shaftcrawler (converted by ak2yny).
-Excalibur, AoA, and Astonishing huds by Nando915, SHIELD hud by boreman, all other huds by me (rdh94).
-power coding, bolton-importing, animation importing, effects, animation combining, hex-editing, talent coding, sound editing, etc. by me (rdh94).Special Thanks
-nodoubtjr. and Norrin Rad for the original XML2 and MUA mods.
-Gazillion entertainment for their awesome rendition of Kitty Pryde in MHO, which this is based on.
-andersonbrazil for all of his video tutorials, advice on updates, and skins.
-Ceamonks890 for providing the Lockheed model from Marvel Heroes, and for convincing me my Lockheed bolton idea wasn't crazy, thus inspiring me to do the mod in the first place.
-UltraMegaMagnus for answering all of my incessant questions and pointing me in the right direction countless times, for providing all of Kitty's sound files from Marvel Heroes 2015/2016/Omega, and for consultations on new animations.
-Cohollow for giving me ideas for how to implement powers and for helping me with her original XTREME coding.
-Outsider for helping me with XTREME coding.
-JulioCabral for pointing out what kind of files I needed to start importing Lockheed.
-Nando915 for his fantastic huds.
-nikita488 for his combiner tool, actorConverter, animationConverter, and igbConverter.
-defogexa for his modification to the combiner tool and his tutorial.
-BaconWizard17 for his modeling tutorial.
-Corvetterules for his tutorial on fx bones.
-BloodyMares for his insights, suggestions, and ideas on how the Buddy System and Walking Through Walls powers should work, as well as advice on the X-Treme coding.
-UMM and ak2yny for their animation tutorials and for providing Max12.
-Teancum for the Red Queen skin.
-everyone who has ever provided a tutorial here in general, as I looked through so many and they were all helpful in some way.
-anyone else I forgot- will add if I think of more! Version 5.0 Updates
-Hex edited every skin.
-New phasing animations for Shadowcat that allow both her and enemies to actually phase through the floor.
-The AOE form of Non-Corporeal Beatdown is now activated via blocking rather than Jumping. This way you do not have to release the power menu to activate it.
-Spitballs can now be held down to continue shooting Fireballs.
-In the Default Version, Disciplined Strike and Phasing Ninja are folded into one power.
-In the Reducer Version, Phasing Ninja replaces Disciplined Strike.
-In the Default Version, Heartbreaker and Watch Your Step are folded into one power.
-Enemies hit by Watch Your Step now fall through the ground (Default and Block Power versions).
-Watch Your Step now can remove invulnerability from non-boss NPC's (this is so that when you pull them under they don't become
invulnerable and impossible to defeat).
-In the Default Version, Dragon Breath and Turn Up the Heat are folded into one power.
-The execute/instant-kill mechanic (Logan Style) is now activated via blocking before or after Shadowcat's Pirouette so one does not have to let go of the power menu.
-Walking Through Walls no longer causes you to fall through the floor and die if interrupted by a conversation or a scripted event. Instead it is automatically deactivated and you are teleported to safety (unless you are too far out of bounds).
-Walking Through Walls now has a fade effect similar to NPC Vision. The old effect is still present in the "xtras" folder.
-Lockheed floats by your side while Buddy System is active, giving Combo Bonus Damage and XP.
-Your stun, popup, and trip attacks are altered by Buddy System, as well as your main attack string, which is now five hits instead of six.
-During Buddy System and Soulsword, your heavy attack can now be charged. This is so that enemies that require a full heavy attack charge to become vulnerable can now be beaten if those boosts are active.
-Puff and Lockheed's Children are now summoned via holding down the boost button and blocking, respectively. This is so you don't have to exit the power menu.
-New Soulsword bolton (thanks to UMM).
-Non-boss enemies within a 100-foot radius of Kitty will fall through the floor and die during the final attack of Phased Out. Enemies outside of this radius will be tripped.
-Reduced trigger count slightly.
-Added mid-air walk ability with relevant effects and sounds.
-Fixed glitch where Shadowcat would slide to the left and back when firing Spitballs repeatedly.
-Fixed glitch with Shadowcat's trip attack during Buddy System.
-Fixed pop-in glitch with Lockheed when summoning Puff or Lockheed's children on first activation of Buddy System.
-Added Red Queen skins and new cutlass boltons and hud.