Shadowcat Marvel Heroes Conversion
Assigned Number: 76 (clashes at loadscreen and mannequin with White Ranger mod)
Trigger Count: 406
Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bqsig0on7lh9bpk/Shadowcat_Mod_3.0.zip/file
Hello all! Once again, I have decided to update Shadowcat. In addition to the Defensive Combat Moves
that she had before, she now has a host of other new moves, as I will explain below. Not only is Lockheed a lot more versatile now, but he has brought along his companion, Puff (as she first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #181) and their children (as they appeared in X-Men Gold Vol. 2 #30)!
She also no longer uses fightstyle_shadow, instead using fightstyle_default. In order to keep her powerstyle FightMove count low, she draws upon a new fightstyle, moveset_kitty, for a good portion of her moves. All of these fightstyle changes mean a new herostat in addition to other updates, so be sure to use the herostat provided.
The changes to this mod will require you to overwrite a lot of files and start a new game, so be aware of that! The changes are altogether quite substantial, as you will see below.
Without further ado, an overview: Her Powers
1). Non-Corporeal Beatdown
- Shadowcat pummels enemies whilst phasing right through them. If surrounded by multiple enemies, Shadowcat phases the ground, causing enemies to falter and be stunned, she then phases underneath and reappears to deliver a phasing uppercut. While phased, Shadowcat is immune to damage. Press Jump at any time during use the AOE ground phase at any time.
- Kitty directs Lockheed to shoot an explosive fireball at the target, causing Fire DMG.
3). Disciplined Strike
- Shadowcat uses her katanas to perform a deadly multi-hit sword attack, doing damage over time and increasing critical chance for a time.
- Kitty phases her hand through foes, giving their heart a squeeze, with a chance for a critical hit. While this attack is being used, Shadowcat is immune to all attacks.
5). Turn Up The Heat
- Lockheed sets enemies ablaze, acting as Kitty’s personal flamethrower.
6). Shadowcat's Pirouette
- Shadowcat uses her dancing skills to perform spin attacks with her katanas, doing damage over time. Press Jump before spinning to execute enemies with Logan Style
, instantly killing foes at the cost of all your energy.
7). Walking Through Walls
- Kitty becomes intangible, allowing enemies and objects to pass through her. Attacking, Jumping, blocking, dodging, and using powers turns Kitty solid again. Once solid, Kitty remains in a partially phased state, gaining knockback immunity, damage reduction, increased dodge rating, and the ability to shock enemies on contact with phased attacks.
8). Buddy System
- Kitty synergizes her attacks with her team and with Lockheed, altering her melee attacks so that her and Lockheed attack in tandem. Also boosts Combo Damage and XP. Press Grab after activating the boost to summon Lockheed's mate, Puff. Press Jump after activating the boost to summon Lockheed and Puff's children. Thanks to BloodyMares for his ideas about this power! Be sure to check out their stuff!
- Kitty wields the Soulsword, giving her basic attacks that nullify enemy powers and give energy back to you. Also grants immunity to mind control and fear.
10). Phased Out
- Kitty phases underneath the ground and then pops up all around the battlefield, attacking enemies. She then returns to the center of the battlefield and phases parts of the ground, causing any enemies that falls into those parts to fall through the floor and instantly die, while all others are tripped. Skins
SKINS BY Aventureiromax, andersonbrazil, lionsden99, Julio Cabral, and boreman! Check out their stuff!
3). Age of Apocalypse
4). Days of Future Past (Movie)
5). All-New X-Men
8). Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Defensive Combat Moves
1). Watch Your Step (Block + Light Attack)
- Kitty pulls enemies under ground and they fall to their deaths, instantly killing them, but draining all of her energy.
2). Dragon Breath (Block + Heavy Attack)
- At Kitty's direction, Lockheed shoots an arc of flame at the ground, doing Fire DMG and leaving a small fire on the ground that burns enemies over time. Upgrading Turn Up The Heat
increases the damage and energy cost of this move.
3). Lockheed Rush (Block + Grab)
- Kitty sends out Lockheed to attack enemies around the battlefield; controls like Cap's SHIELD and can be cancelled out of by blocking, dodging, using light or heavy attacks, and powers. Upgrading Spitballs
increases the damage and energy cost of this move.
4). Phasing Ninja (Block + Jump)
- Kitty phases underneath the ground and appears underneath enemies, bursting through the ground with her katana. The opening of this move counts as a dodge as she phases underground. Upgrading Shadowcat's Pirouette
increases the damage and energy cost of this move.
- a passive that increases your defense. Upgrading Non-Corporeal Beatdown
increases the amount of defense this passive gives.
6). Dragon Charge (during Lockheed Rush, press Grab)
- direct Lockheed to dart forward at full speed, instantly killing all in his path at the cost of all your energy.
7). Line of Fire (during Lockheed Rush, press Jump)
- Lockheed darts forward while shooting fire, knocking foes back and doing damage over time. Scales with Spitballs
. Buddy System Attacks
1). Tandem Strikes (Attack x 6)
- perform melee attacks in tandem with Lockheed, damaging enemies twice.
2). Dragon Blast (Smash)
- blast foes with fire, slowing them down.
3). Shadow and Flame (Attack x 3, Smash; also works at any point in the combo unless you do trip or popup)
- perform a roundhouse kick while Lockheed blasts with fire.
4). Come on Down (Attack, Grab; also works at any point during the combo)
- phase Lockheed underneath the ground and direct him to attack enemies from below,
5). Ring of Fire (Attack, Jump; also works at any point during the combo)
- Lockheed blasts enemies with fire in a circle while you slash with your katana. Notes
1). No need to have the original Shadowcat mod in order to play. Be sure to overwrite all existing Shadowcat files with these ones in order for the mod to work properly.
2). If you have the ents_shadow.engb file from the old mod, delete it- otherwise this mod will not work properly.
3). The Demon Leaper powerstyle has been modified so that their grab no longer makes it so that slow immune characters throw them off. ***THIS MOD CONTAINS ALTERNATE WEAPON FIGHTSTYLES (OTHERWISE KITTY WON'T BE ABLE TO USE WEAPONS). BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FILES AND LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES WITH THESE ALTERNATE FILES. NOTHING WAS CHANGED ANIMATION-WISE, JUST SOME ADDITIONAL FIGHTMOVE; SHOULD NOT AFFECT OVERALL FM/TRIGGER COUNT, AS THESE ADD FIGHTMOVES WITH ONLY CHAINS, NOT TRIGGERS.*** Known Glitches
1). Due to the nature of her phase script, you may fall through the floor at times, so I would be very careful using it. In my testing I only fell through the floor if I unphased while inside of an object, so don't do that. Otherwise you should hopefully be fine, but I did not test in every single area. Credits
-Astonishing, Age of Apocalypse, and Days of Future Past move skins by andersonbrazil. Excalibur skin by Aventureiromax. All-New X-Men/Future Fight skin by Julio Cabral. Sprite and Original skins by lionsden99. Agent of SHIELD skin by boreman.
-Loading screen by Outsider
-Excalibur, AoA, and Astonishing huds by Nando915, Days of Future Past, Sprite, and Original huds movie by me (rdh94). SHIELD hud by boreman.
-power coding, bolton-importing, animation importing, hex-editing, talent coding, sound editing, etc. by me (rdh94).Special Thanks
-nodoubtjr. and Norrin Rad for the original XML2 and MUA mods.
-Gazillion entertainment for their awesome rendition of Kitty Pryde in MHO, which this is based on.
-Ceamonks890 for providing the Lockheed model from Marvel Heroes, and for convincing me my Lockheed bolton idea wasn't crazy, thus inspiring me to do the mod in the first place.
-UltraMegaMagnus for answering all of my incessant questions and pointing me in the right direction countless times, and for providing all of Kitty's sound files from Marvel Heroes 2015/2016/Omega.
-Cohollow for giving me ideas for how to implement powers and for helping me with her XTREME coding.
-Outsider for helping me with XTREME coding and for his innovations regarding powers used while blocking and grab smash scaling.
-JulioCabral for pointing out what kind of files I needed to start importing Lockheed and for converting the Future Fight model.
-iammingy for the Soulsword bolton.
-andersonbrazil for all of his skins and video tutorials, without which this would not be accomplished. Also thanks to him for early update suggestions (v1.2).
-Nando915 for his fantastic huds.
-Clarityman for figuring out why the Lockheed fireballs weren't working for some people.
-BaconWizard17 for his modeling tutorial.
-Corvetterules for his tutorial on fx bones.
-BloodyMares for his suggestions and ideas about how the Buddy System power should work.
-everyone who has ever provided a tutorial here in general, as I looked through so many and they were all helpful in some way.
-anyone else I forgot- will add if I think of more! Version 3.0 Updates
-Uses fightstyle_default instead of fightstyle_shadow.
-New fightstyle: moveset_kitty
-Now has mental resistance (to reflect how Kitty's mind is hard to read while phased).
-New passives for costumes (buffs to Phasing, Lockheed, and Ninja/Sword powers, among others).
-Age of Apocalypse costume uses her claws instead of katana in order to be more accurate to that version of Kitty. Properties of moves are still the same.
-Fourth costume (Days of Future Past) grants a chance to activated The Black Vortex while blocking, a massive AOE blast of cosmic energy followed by a stealth buff.
-Non-Corporeal Beatdown now no longer requires rapid press, though on the last hit you have to press the button again to keep going.
-The AOE form of Non-Corporeal Beatdown can be activated by pressing Jump at any point during the attack.
-Disciplined Strike now causes damage over time and gives a small buff that increases critical chance.
-Shadowcat's Pirouette now causes damage over time.
-New move: Logan Style, an instant-kill that can be activated at the start of Shadowcat's Pirouette. No longer has a cooldown as it did on first release of 3.0.
-Walking Through Walls now has two modes: a true phase "no-clip" mode and a partial phase mode that grants various buffs (damage reduction, knockback immunity, stun immunity, trip immunity, slow immunity, and electricity damage to enemies on contact.
-Buddy System no longer boosts team damage or grants touch damage. Instead, it gives an alternate set of melee attacks where you and Lockheed attack together and boosts combo DMG and XP.
-New Move: Shadow and Flame (activated by pressing Smash after the third, fourth, fifth, or sixth hit of the main attack string of Buddy System).
-New Move: Come on Down (press Grab during the main combo of Buddy System).
-New Move: Ring of Fire (press Jump during the main combo of Buddy System).
-Puff and Lockheed's Children can be summoned immediately after executing Buddy System.
-Soulsword now gives energy back to you on hit, nullifies enemy powers, and gives mind control immunity and immunity to fear.
-New move: Watch Your Step. No longer has a cooldown as it did on first release of 3.0.
-New Move: Line of Fire, activated by pressing Jump during Lockheed Rush.
-New Move: Dragon Charge, activated by pressing Grab during Lockheed Rush. No longer has cooldown like in original 3.0.
-New passive: Intangibility (grants defense).
-New higher quality icons.
-Power descriptions less cluttered. Should be able to read everything now without parts getting cut off.
-In addition to the changes above, various tooltips have been added to better explain all the new moves.
-Kitty's phasing moves are now unblockable and work on shielded enemies.
-Dragon Breath, Tandem Strikes, and Dragon Blast all work on shielded enemies (since Lockheed attacks from above during Tandem Strikes and Dragon Breath and Dragon Blast both involve burning fire on the ground).
-Lockheed's Children can now disarm enemies when they attack foes that have weapons.
-Fixed glitch where demon leapers were unable to be thrown off if her partial phase boost was active.
-Bone Claw has been removed (too many accidental inputs and clunky controls) and is now her grab smash, with her using her katana instead of the bone claw (since that should really be exclusive to a hypothetical New X-Men costume, which it will be if that ever gets released). Upgrading Disciplined Strike
will increase the damage of her grab smash. The old files are still present in the 'xtras' section if you really liked/want the bone claw move and the old grab smash.
-New skins, huds, and packages.
-Preemptive packages in the event that more skins are made (would love to see Star-Lord, Red Queen, New X-Men, and Ariel skins).