Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 20, 2007, 09:26AM #135 Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:29AM by DiamondDave
Tonight I'll test and document.  Last night, after loading Ver 2, I pulled up a saved game from Ver 1.  I was able to swap out and see the NPC (without HUDs).  Had a couple of issues once I got to Omega Base.  One dealt with not having powers enabled (Quicksilver and Angel), another gave me CTD (with Beast) and the most common was seeing Ultimate Hawkeye at Omega Base instead of the NPC that I chose through Vision or Pym.  I'll give better details tonight.

edit:  I actually saw multiple Hawkeyes (up to 3 of them) if I chose more than one NPC.  I did try to stick to NPCs that I thought you had ready, i.e. Scarlet Witch, Vision, Quicksilver, Ronin, Black Widow, Beast, Angel).  Again, more details later.

It's worth noting several things:
1. Although the NPC>27 Mod WILL work with some savedgames, it seems to function better if you start afresh and fight your way to Stark Towers and then save. It's particularly flakey if you load a savedgame from a different herostat (ie I saved a game with my Avengersmod herostat, then loaded the Mandarin Herostat and though the savedgame ran, it was always looking for the four now-non-existant Avengers I had been when I saved it. Starting afresh in the Mandarin herostat worked much better).
2. Choose only once for each character, as the results if you swap the same character for different NPCs is flakey.
I know, the "menu" is tricky to negotiate, I'll try to fix it so each time you choose an NPC you exit the conversation rather than have to go through all 5 submenus again.
3. If I pay attention to points one and two above, it all works much better than it may first seem to.

Tommy, do you have an Iron Fist skin?  I remember seeing one somewhere and also in your NPC pick list.  I know their is a conflict with Elektra's in your NPC but am just looking for the skin.  Thanks.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Noel, thanks...I thought I already had it but couldn't locate it on my own system and thought maybe Tommy could have just told me if it was included already as a number.  No problem...I'll just d/l it now.  Since I've got you...any luck with a Darkstar character, either powered or just a skin?  It'd be nice to do a Champions team (Black Widow, Hercules, Iceman, Angel, Ghost Rider and Darkstar).

I'm still figuring this skinning thing out for myself. I know I've taken dibs on Darkstar, among others, but I'm currently fighting with making a playable Crimson Dynamo first, being distracted from it, naturally, by all the side projects that actually push the site forth :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

And your efforts (as well as others) are well noted and sincerely appreciated.   I bow to your greatness!

Hi guys i am a noob.

Can you add only one or two of the characters from this mod? Or is all or nothing?

Basically the Hulk intrigues me, but i'd rather not cover any other characters up, with the ones in this mod (not that the other characters are bad - i think its awesome you guys are modding these).

thanks.

Quote from: R0GUE on March 06, 2007, 06:01PM
Hi guys i am a noob.

Can you add only one or two of the characters from this mod? Or is all or nothing?

Basically the Hulk intrigues me, but i'd rather not cover any other characters up, with the ones in this mod (not that the other characters are bad - i think its awesome you guys are modding these).

thanks.

Hi,
no the whole point of the mod is to only ADD characters, WITHOUT losing, replacing or covering up any of the "official" ones. So you could use the Hulk with any of the "official" characters you want.
The Mod isn't finished, and what is released is a beta version that just shows what is possible, but hulk is in there as a playable character. Just get to Stark Towers in the first Act, then talk to Vision, and choose to swap in Hulk.

awesome! thanks tommyboy, you guys rock.

PS: Get Rogue out there soon. :D

Hello there.

Again, I am impressed by the work already done and being done around this forum.

I have used the next gen mod, and also Gambit and Cyclops from XML2, and I checked the size for Luke Cage and Colossus, I read some posts and I agree they should be smaller scalated. But here I have soe doubts.

Can I check only one character from this Avengers mod?

I have been through some posts in this thread but I do not happen to be able to fully understand the current situation with the file. As far as I have been able to understand:

- there is only one file that has the data in folders, to install all the avengers characters
- this avengers characters will replace some other characters of the original game

However I have read somewhere that you have to talk to Vision in the game to be able to replace the characters and that you will only replace those you specifically say.

So you see, I'm a bit lost.

I would like to use Tigra, or Vision, also Hawkeye.

But I rather swap one character each time, not altogether.

Is it possible to try and do it one by one, as I say?

Where did I got lost?  :fro:

And anyhow, thanks very much for all the effort you are all putting into this amazing mods.

PS: no she-hulk yet?  :wtflol:

As far as I know (and bare in mind that I'm not one of the geniuses here), there used to be an Avenger Mod that deleted characters, but then somebody found a way to add them without taking any out (congrats on that one to whoever it was, I read part of that topic and it was pretty ingenious). No need to take anybody out. Check page 9 of this topic, I think you'll find the link for this 2nd version there (remember it's a beta, so random bugs and glitches may occur).

And also, 2 other things for the modders here:

1) Thank you, you're doing an amazing work here.
2) Is it possible to get a less ugly Hulk Skin (with all due respect for Tommyboy)?

1. The Avengers Mod REPLACED builtin characters with avengers. This was an all-or-nothing deal, (unless you know how to Mod, in which case you could in theory only swap in only the characters you wanted).

2. The NPC>27 Mod contains all the Avengers Mod characters, plus Xmen and others. You still have all the original builtins to choose from, but as you play you can swap in any of the NPCs without permanently losing anyone. So if you just want one character, or two or three specific ones, the NPC27 is probably the one you want. But it's a bit flawed (in that your NPC characters you use gain no experience.)

3. Due to the sloppy usage of terms in this forum, I'm not sure exactly what your complaint is. The 3dmodel or "mesh" has on it a covering, a "skin". Together the mesh and skin comprise a costume within the game. Some costumes are just a different skin, others are a diferent mesh and skin. Other people could edit the skin of one of my meshes using MUAskinner, but wouldn't be able to change the geometry (the mesh, the 3d model). Unfortunately everyone here but me seems to refer to "skin" to mean mesh, skin, and costume indiscriminately. So is it the 2d covering on the 3d model you dislike, or is it the 3d shape itself?

Either way I'm not changing mine for the time being.
But there are at least two other people who have made MUA models, (Alexjh and Volsung), so maybe one of them will make a Hulk you like better.
At some future point I MAY remake mine, but it's not my top priority.