Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey all, I've had an interesting problem with this.  I just got a new computer (Windows 7) so that I can run MUA, and so I went in to install this pack.  For some reason, the 7 zip extractor won't extract the files onto my computer.  It says that it does, but if you go into the files, you'll see that nothing has been extracted.  Is this a Windows 7 problem or do I need another extractor or something?

Also, if I remember correctly, there used to be an installer for this.  Does that still exist?

hey i have a problem when i add colossus instead of him i get defaultman it used to work fine but a uninstall it a couple weeks ago and now i can't add him  (i didn't get colossus with game)  pleaseeeeee help  :colossus:

Quote from: ragincajun on September 03, 2011, 09:03AM
Hey all, I've had an interesting problem with this.  I just got a new computer (Windows 7) so that I can run MUA, and so I went in to install this pack.  For some reason, the 7 zip extractor won't extract the files onto my computer.  It says that it does, but if you go into the files, you'll see that nothing has been extracted.  Is this a Windows 7 problem or do I need another extractor or something?

Also, if I remember correctly, there used to be an installer for this.  Does that still exist?

Go to  http://www.brothersoft.com/download-izarc-23348.html
Download a program called IZArc, it's another very good unzipping utility.

I'm still browsing through the other threads and pages so forgive me if this has already been brought up.

After downloading the mod, I started a new game and manually selected the characters for all 27 slots. It's worked so far, the characters are all there, their powers are all there.
The problem is, some of their abilities are all mixed up.  :thing:, for example, has no Might and :genis: has no Flight whereas :colossus: has Healing Factor and :fantastic: has Flight

Anyone know what the problem is? Did I miss a step in the installation? Or do the characters have to be assigned in specific spots in heroselect to avoid this bug?

October 26, 2011, 11:11PM #515 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:00AM by jc0rdz
Ok nevermind.
Turns out I changed the roster for a saved game, lol. At least now I know how to give other characters abilities they don't have like Might and Healing Factor  :carnage: (then again, you could do that through herostat)
Though I did notice that  :humant: and  :ghostr: left their flames behind if you changed their positions. Guess I'll leave them in slots 24 and 3.

Quote from: uchihasaphal13 on May 08, 2011, 11:04AM
I am having a problem with heroselect. When I have select the characters I want and press Accept Team, this opens up: http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1253/35589415.png and then when I start the game I only get default characters.
Plz if anyone can help me you can reply and I am using Windows 7  :deadpool: :galactus:

I have exactly the same problem. I changed the herostat to fit the correct location of the files, and ran heroselect as administrator. Then I created the roster and at the moment of accepting the team, a new window opened with the message that was posted on the quoted screenshot. If I strike any key, that window closes and heroselect shows a "TEAM ASSEMBLED" text. However when I run MUA with a new game I still get the default extra characters  :hulk_icon: :genis: :hawkeye: :moonk:. I did a clean installation of the mod.

btw is there any post with the original menu locations for the unmodded characters? I figured some locations but not the whole 23 heroes ^^

Also I had the same problem when I tried to extract the files with WinRar. I had to extract the files on another folder and then send them to the MUA folder (just in case anybody needs help with that one)

If anyone could help me I'd be really thankful

Peace.

Quote from: Metallist on October 27, 2011, 02:14AM
I have exactly the same problem. I changed the herostat to fit the correct location of the files, and ran heroselect as administrator. Then I created the roster and at the moment of accepting the team, a new window opened with the message that was posted on the quoted screenshot. If I strike any key, that window closes and heroselect shows a "TEAM ASSEMBLED" text. However when I run MUA with a new game I still get the default extra characters  :hulk_icon: :genis: :hawkeye: :moonk:. I did a clean installation of the mod.

btw is there any post with the original menu locations for the unmodded characters? I figured some locations but not the whole 23 heroes ^^

Also I had the same problem when I tried to extract the files with WinRar. I had to extract the files on another folder and then send them to the MUA folder (just in case anybody needs help with that one)

Peace.

May be a problem with Heroselect. You might therefore want to try manually installing characters to your herostat using XMLBCUI.
The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived. (Oscar Wilde)

Quote from: Metallist on October 27, 2011, 02:14AM

Peace.

Check the file path in herostat.cfg and see if you added an extra \\ at the end of data so it looks like \\data\\ instead of \\data.

my herostat file already had the "\\". I changed the herostat and heroselect gamepath accordingly. I tried both methods listed here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4886.0.html but nothing came out of it, heroselect is still crashing whenever I hit the assemble team button.

I'm using windows 7 and running heroselect as administrator and with Windows XP compatibility.

I guess I'll have to try the XMLBCUI method

hi guys
i wanted to ask about magneto  :magneto: why that he is so weak his power kindda suck i think!
and nightcrawler  :nightcrawler: too
if u compare this guys to venom thor doom i thin their just weaklings!
is it just my thoughts or what?
(sorry if its alil bit rude but its not fair that ur favorite ones are weak)

Quote from: saman.D on January 13, 2012, 05:39AM
hi guys
i wanted to ask about magneto  :magneto: why that he is so weak his power kindda suck i think!
and nightcrawler  :nightcrawler: too
if u compare this guys to venom thor doom i thin their just weaklings!
is it just my thoughts or what?
(sorry if its alil bit rude but its not fair that ur favorite ones are weak)

As I know both has the official powers and stats from the Xbox 360.
In my opinion Magneto is great as he is, it's just like any other character at the first levels, kinda weak but become more powerfull as he gains more levels. In case that you are interested, Nowhere man released a booster for Magneto, here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3554.msg134763.html#msg134763

And yes, you were rude and the fact that those are your favorite characters doesn't change anything, you can be polite when you ask and/or point something.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I made one for NC as well tsc tsc :P
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 13, 2012, 10:15AM
I made one for NC as well tsc tsc :P

Lol, it's true, sorry :3
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

dear white king sorry for my behavior it wont happen again
u know i got a twin brother and he just take venom and doctor doom and then BAM!!! he kills every one and im just walking around in the game !!!
itsnot fair :(
doese the booster change or make magneto more powerful? and i tested LVL 99 full skills theres no diffrence more importantly in hard mode doesnt tickle boss
BTW im not such a MUA genius as  U guys i ruind the game three time cuse of changing or adding charecters so i afraid to cahnge anything else like magneto talent dont work at all exept flying :(
i wished U felt me that my brother mock me , the game is more like a challenage beetween us