Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a problem. I do swapping in Hero Select, but afterwards my save file refuses to run. I don't want to start a new game each time I do swapping.

I believe you're supposed to start a new game each time you replace someone.

What Ultimate Legend says is true.  You use HeroSelect to choose the 27 characters you want to play with.  Once you start the game, though, those are the one's you're stuck with for the duration of the game.  Choose carefully.

Ok, then another question.
Why all characters are available from beginning? I have seen somewhere, that Hulk unlocked once you beat MODOK in the mode, but he is in from beginning. Once you choose Blade, Ghost Rider etc - they are already unlocked. I am not saying it's bad, but.. I'd like to unlock characters by myself. It will be more cool If Nightcrawler is available after Mephisto's Realm mission etc.

Quote from: Rey on April 26, 2012, 09:18AM
Ok, then another question.
Why all characters are available from beginning? I have seen somewhere, that Hulk unlocked once you beat MODOK in the mode, but he is in from beginning. Once you choose Blade, Ghost Rider etc - they are already unlocked. I am not saying it's bad, but.. I'd like to unlock characters by myself. It will be more cool If Nightcrawler is available after Mephisto's Realm mission etc.

Rey, I think you have to go to the folder on your C: drive called:

My Documents/Activition/Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Save

In there, look for the settings.dat file.  Either delete it or rename it to something like Xsettings.dat.  When you restart the game, a new settings.dat file will be created that has locked characters.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Thanks, It's working!
This may be off topic, but can someone name default Character location numbers in HeroSelect? I want to put most of charters in their default places, but have not yet succeeded in this.

If by chance you saved the original herostat.cfg file when you downloaded the Official Characters MOD, the original menu location will be in each individual character's herostat.  IF you didn't, this is the list.

Hawkeye - 2
Black Panther - 10
Blade - 8
Captain America - 6
Daredevil - 4
Deadpool - 11
Dr. Strange - 96
Elektra - 9
Ghost Rider - 3
Human Torch - 24
Iceman - 19
Invisible Woman - 15
Luke Cage - 18
Silver Surfer - 13
Iron Man - 17
Moon Knight - 25
Mr. Fantastic - 21
Nick Fury - 20
Spider-Man - 16
Spider-Woman - 12
Storm - 14
Thing - 23
Thor - 5
Ms. Marvel - 1
Wolverine - 7
Hulk - 22
Captain Marvel - 26

Personally, I keep a spreadsheet with their menu locations just to keep it straight.  That way, if I want to replace a character, I can plug them into the menu location of a similar sized character.  EX - Cable in Luke Cage's spot or Magneto is Captain Marvel's

Hope this helps.

Quote from: AskaniSon on April 27, 2012, 08:20AM

... Personally, I keep a spreadsheet with their menu locations just to keep it straight.  That way, if I want to replace a character, I can plug them into the menu location of a similar sized character.  EX - Cable in Luke Cage's spot or Magneto is Captain Marvel's

Hope this helps.

The spreadsheet is a good idea!  Thanks for this list too.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

May 09, 2012, 02:35AM #548 Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:46PM by speax
first off i wanted to thank everyone who posted on this thread, really helped me install the mod without too much hassle and it is awesome but i was wondering if all the "official" characters are actual rips from the console versions or if they were created from scratch because i saw that the hulk and black widows default skins don't really match up from the 360 or psp versions.  it could just be me. sorry if it's an ignorant question, kinda new :/ just wanted to know if they are actual official characters or not

Hey guys. So I played MUA on and off and ever since I watched the Avengers movie, I decided to play MUA again on my PC.
My question is, is there a way to mod MUA located on a different hard drive?
All of my games are located in drive D because I reformat my computer every 3 months.
I tried modding it but the HeroSelect says the location is "C: Activision/Marvel Ultimate Alliance" but it's on drive D.

May 26, 2012, 12:37AM #550 Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:48AM by Nowhere Man
inside the heroselect folder rename the path in the first line of herostat.cfg from C to D. then, after selecting your team, do the same with heroselect.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

May 28, 2012, 10:47PM #551 Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:06PM by marvell2k
Hey guys I recently bought the pc version of ultimate alliance as well as the mod file.  My problem lies in trying to do my hero select choosing my characters.  I read the instructions but I still remain iffy on them.  I backed up all files in a separate folder before extracting the mod file but I am confused am I suppose to copy them back afterwards?  Also when I go to heroselect what exactly do I need to do to heroconfig?  If I try running the hero select app I can choose the characters but when I click the button to select my team I get an error and it won't run.  Something about binary?  If anyone can help me out with this I would really appreciate it and thanks in advance.

Quote from: marvell2k on May 28, 2012, 10:47PM
Hey guys I recently downloaded the pc version of ultimate alliance

We have very clear rules against piracy as stated here:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2304.0.html

Quote from: Teancum on August 04, 2008, 12:45PM
  • Software Piracy
    Don't be cheap.  Go out and buy the software.  If we catch you, we must ban you.  We don't want lawyers coming to us with issues.  If you use the word "downloaded" in regards to your game expect an instant ban, as none of the games we mod here are legally available for download through systems like Steam or Direct2Drive.
You really should read the rules before you start posting. EVERYONE should.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."