tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I subscribe to "the more, the merrier". Alternate versions of the same costumes or characters are never a bad thing in my book, which is why I will release stuff that other people have made versions of, and don't mind if others release their own versions of characters I've made. So it might be interesting to see the ripped movie Thor one day...

I'm hoping to get this one uploaded today, too:

photo hosting
Cap_movie version..

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on September 15, 2012, 02:32AM
I subscribe to "the more, the merrier".

I do agree.

And the textures on that Cap look realistic! Screw it they are realistic lol :P

And the Big Three movie Trifecta should be uploaded later today, with the addition of Avengers Movie Iron Man:

picture hosting

photo upload

Wow...good job  :thumbsup:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Avengers Movie skins of Thor, Captain America and Iron Man:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mdh3jzg3aah3nux

photo upload

To install, unzip (use winrar or 7zip) files to the "actors" directory, renaming them to whatever numbers you are replacing or adding.
I hope that you enjoy these as much as I am. It's a blast having them on the Helicarrier, and the ultron bots even look a little bit like the Chitauri (though perhaps we need a Chitauri mesh/skin to replace them and make the "I'm playing the movie!" feel complete...)

Both BLaw and midnightphoenix are right when they say what a Hercules fan I am!!!

Yesterday, when I was logging on, I looked over the "new replies to your posts" feature.  I saw an update to "tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread."  I thought it was someone commenting on your skins....

What a surprise when I saw that you had released new Hercules skins and a mod for him too!  Thanks so much, tommyboy.  I look forward to playing with him in my game once I get x_voice updated.  Glad you are back modding.

You may recall that I am also a fan of your Falcon mod.  Do you think you might update him at all?  The main thing I was thinking of is a "bigger" Xtreme where you see him fly around and hit every enemy in the room.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Dude Ironman looks SICK. Not as in having the flu, but you get the point. Downloading these right away.

Quote from: fox456 on September 15, 2012, 09:04AM
Both BLaw and midnightphoenix are right when they say what a Hercules fan I am!!!

Yesterday, when I was logging on, I looked over the "new replies to your posts" feature.  I saw an update to "tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread."  I thought it was someone commenting on your skins....

What a surprise when I saw that you had released new Hercules skins and a mod for him too!  Thanks so much, tommyboy.  I look forward to playing with him in my game once I get x_voice updated.  Glad you are back modding.

You may recall that I am also a fan of your Falcon mod.  Do you think you might update him at all?  The main thing I was thinking of is a "bigger" Xtreme where you see him fly around and hit every enemy in the room.
Thanks for the kind words.
Glad to make another Hercules fan happy.
I might look at Falcon's mod again (who knows, I might update the skins, too), but I'm pretty useless at making powers, and it's been so long I'm basically having to learn from scratch. Between that and the laziness, I cannot promise an early Fix For Falcon.
Plus I only just got my modelling head back on, so chances are I'll just pump out a mess of skins for a bit...

Nice! I hope you don't get offended if I say they look a little like caricatures. But I love the attention to detail!

Quote from: Hyperman360 on September 15, 2012, 10:45AM
Nice! I hope you don't get offended if I say they look a little like caricatures. But I love the attention to detail!
No, I'm not offended at all.
Oddly, the ones with faces (Cap and Thor) are based on photos (what some refer to as "photoskinning"), as I wanted them to resemble both the actors and the comic characters they portrayed. Of course getting it just right is no easy matter, if you go too large or small with the photo, or the morphology of the model doesn't suit it, it can look a bit odd. Which is where we drift into charicature territory.
Anyway, ta for the compliments.

Hey! I was excited to try out your Hercules mod, but I'm encountering an error where the game crashes immediately after opening it when I have Herc in my Herostat. Whenever I remove him it loads fine. Same herostat so it's not a problem with a corrupt engb as far as I know. Any ideas?

Oh and by the way I noticed you used 78 for his number. Hercules has his own number in the CCC: 50. In case you were planning updates in the future.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on September 15, 2012, 10:26AM
Thanks for the kind words.
Glad to make another Hercules fan happy.
I might look at Falcon's mod again (who knows, I might update the skins, too), but I'm pretty useless at making powers, and it's been so long I'm basically having to learn from scratch. Between that and the laziness, I cannot promise an early Fix For Falcon.
Plus I only just got my modelling head back on, so chances are I'll just pump out a mess of skins for a bit...

The main thing is that you are back modding!  If you ever update Falcon, that will just be icing on the cake.  :D
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: DeeDooo on September 15, 2012, 09:39PM
Hey! I was excited to try out your Hercules mod, but I'm encountering an error where the game crashes immediately after opening it when I have Herc in my Herostat. Whenever I remove him it loads fine. Same herostat so it's not a problem with a corrupt engb as far as I know. Any ideas?

Oh and by the way I noticed you used 78 for his number. Hercules has his own number in the CCC: 50. In case you were planning updates in the future.

RE: the crash, I'd start with the models. Replace mine with original game ones and see if it works (it's unlikely but you never know).
Thereafter, given that you might have any combination of mods installed that might not play nice with mine, it's hard to say.
I DO have the "official characters mod", so it's unlikely to clash with that.
I didn't include loading screens or a mannequin, so it wont be those.
On my system there is a weird bug where his name does not appear written out when you select him, so there is some sort of bug in there, I tend to be sloppy about making mods, and herc is just updated models on an old mod so I would not be surprised if I messed up something with him.
You might try removing one file at a time (ie remove the talent file, then the powerset, then the packages etc) till he no longer crashes the game. The mod obviously wont work like that, but it would help pinpoint the file causing the problem, possibly.
Apologies for any error on my part which might be causing the issue..

RE the numbers
Looking at the ccc Hercules appears to have been currently assigned 218. Meh.
I'm going to continue to use my own system of using the unused numbers, as in 7820, 7830, 7840 etc because it doesn't clash with anything, or replace npcs. Other than them not having mannequins due to whatever character has xx01-xx04 getting the mannequin by default, I see no reason not to continue as I have.

I'm assuming someone else will eventually make a Hercules mod, and they can have the "officially sanctioned number".

78 is used by colossus in the OC. Maybe thats the problem.