MUA1 Character Mod Catalog

Started by Cates, April 28, 2007, 09:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 21, 2008, 07:37PM
Actually iammingy is working on him. But Blackheart won't be out for a long time. He takes a long time to make his mods on top of all his busy work.

Oh and do you mind not calling us boys? (I particularly don't like that name)
Excuse midnight in italy is normal call boys other peaples...excuse again

Quote from: Armoel on October 22, 2008, 05:36AM
Excuse midnight in italy is normal call boys other peaples...excuse again

Oh okay.

Hi guys! I'm new at this mod stuff and just can't figure out one thing! How come after replacing the original characters from MUA, on the hero selection menu appears a "DEFAULT MAN" in a void between two heros? So far, I have 26 playable heroes.

Another thing is: I've read around here that there are 27 playables, but I can't enable the 27th!

Help, anyone?

Appreciate it!
Thanks!
JM
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

October 26, 2008, 06:34PM #348 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 07:59PM by a mysterious man
Quote from: BliZZ on October 01, 2008, 09:24PM
Added Domino and updated Captain Britain and Northstar

First off, what comic is your av from!?

Second, I'm new here (duh). Been getting bored with vanilla MUA, and wanted something different so I found this site where I could add some new characters to the mix. Downloading the two character packs right now (XML2, OCB). I checked the tutorial on adding characters, but the definitions file is unavailable (404). With the tutorial, is it relatively easy to add characters, or is it a process for each one, seeing as how I'd be adding like 20 characters or so? Is there a self-install program/file available to make the process easier? Any tips? Other recommended character or mod downloads?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Edit: Hmm...I can't seem to get it to work, after reading the heroselect instructions and the individual threads for the two character packs I downloaded. :(

I recommend War Machine, Iron Fist, and Punisher. And Apocalypse.

War Machine, Iron Fist, Punisher, Gambit and Hawkeye for me.  I'm not a big Hulk fan, but the models for the mod are really well done.  If you like melee powers he'd be a good one too.

Hello, the black bolt elink is broken, could anyone fix it? many thanx.

Quote from: a mysterious man on October 26, 2008, 06:34PM
Edit: Hmm...I can't seem to get it to work, after reading the heroselect instructions and the individual threads for the two character packs I downloaded. :(

Okay, let me lay out some basics and we'll see if that helps.

Every character has his/her own herostats file.  That basically defines all the attributes of his in-game character.  How the game knows which characters it should be using comes from the herostat.engb file ....... which is a compiled file and every time you want to change which characters are in the game that file needs to be decompiled, changed and then recompiled.

What HeroSelect does is handles the decompiling and recompiling of that file but it needs to know the herostat for every character you plan on using. 

The way it does this is it has a .cfg file that should begin with a list of all the characters and then that is followed by the herostat entries for each of those characters.  The herostat entries are very particular (even done to leading spaces and location of ;'s).

So, now that we have the basis down (and sorry if that is monotonous for you), we're ready to add characters.  So, what we know now is that if you want to add a new char using Heroselect, you first need to get a hold of that characters Herostat configuration.  Once you have that, you open up the Heroselect cfg file, add the character's name at the top and then his herostat down below (following the defaultman example that has been provided for you).  Once you have that done, you follow the instructions for adding the characters to the Heroselect interface (which is pretty straight-forward).  Once you have all that done you should be able to select the characters inside Heroselect and then run the game.

Note: If you're adding new characters that you download from here (which I highly suggest because there are lots of great ones) then you need to make sure you move all the files that come with that character into your Program Files/Activision/Marvel Ultimate Alliance folder where they should be.  If you don't do that, then the characters won't work and it could crash your game until you fix.  However, if you're just using the Official packs and follow their instructions properly then you should be all set because all those files should be where they are supposed to be.

Have more questions ..... feel free to ask, but I suggest creating a new thread as this thread is devoted to the Character Catalog

Does anyone working on the Rogue skin from 90s(Jim Lee)?

can someone who can get blizz's, dihan's and cates' mods make a link to them straight from the catalog instead of from other sites? it is a right pain cos i cant get them
mental about X-men, mental aboutmarvelmods.com

As far as I'm aware they're only hosted on the other sites, I know mine are.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

could you put them on a different site like box.net then?
as i cannot access the site they are on now

i would say find a way to get into mediafire, a lot of the mods are on mediafire, i doubt someone is going to take the time to reupload all those mods to a different site.  I anyone knows how to help him get around his firewall, please post her or send him a private message.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

thanks anyway. i will keep trying to get onto mediafire

May I request adding Hawkeye on the list and updating Magneto's, Hulk's and especially Venom's entries?
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.