MUA1 Character Mod Catalog

Started by Cates, April 28, 2007, 09:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
if you download lets say the official char. mod, where and how do you exactly get those other nine characters not just the four?

they say you should add characters' names in the herostat right? how do u start on that?

\PLS HELP :iceman: :quicks: :quicks:

the other nine are listed in the herostat.cfg you can either

A. use Hero Select to swap them over

or

B. XMLBCUI to manually do it

personally i never got the hang of Hero select so i just use option B, if your interested in option B i can talk you through it

Quote from: lordbane2110 on June 22, 2010, 04:30AM
the other nine are listed in the herostat.cfg you can either

A. use Hero Select to swap them over

or

B. XMLBCUI to manually do it

personally i never got the hang of Hero select so i just use option B, if your interested in option B i can talk you through it
Is option A really difficult? can u tell me exactly y is it difficult?.
And as for option B, from the sound of it, option B is kinda more advanced than option A and sure iam intrested in option B if option A is really impossible to get the hang of.

The only reason i think using hero select is harder is because usually when i have tired to use it i end up removing all the other characters except for the one i'm adding

this can be frustrating

You select all 27 characters you want. Don't just add one.
El Maiz

that's the problem thou, what about if you only want to change one, why do you have to go through ever character slot just for one

It's much easier just to decompile the herostat and add a single character than go through the convoluted Heroselect.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I'm with Dihan, the old way is easier for me too ^^
Here's the video of how to add mods in MUA, step by step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WyMIbhKBOc
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

yeah that's the way i do do it

even thou it seems harder, it isn't and does give greater flexibility

Or you download EZ-stat, and you HAVE to select all the characters. Otherwise, you will end up with only those who you selected. It resets the entire roster, so just picking one will end up with just one.
El Maiz

i agree with dihan and whiteking; it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's very quick and easy.

i supost i should go with option B from lordsbane2210, how do u start using XMLBCUI. :xman:

download it, follow instructions in the knowledge base.

Added my mod: Penance to MUA2 section.
Readded Sandman to the catalog.