Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

Started by iammingy, July 11, 2007, 08:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
yea i tried the demo to...it was pretty sweet...i was happily surprised

I am having trouble getting the demo to run on my computer. The application d3dx9_33.dll is not found for me to play the demo. I just may wait for it to come out to play it. I have some questions about the demo: How is the gameplay? Do you level like MUA or is it different? How are the controls?

Quote from: msmarvel2007 on September 17, 2007, 12:50PM
I am having trouble getting the demo to run on my computer. The application d3dx9_33.dll is not found for me to play the demo. I just may wait for it to come out to play it. I have some questions about the demo: How is the gameplay? Do you level like MUA or is it different? How are the controls?

I got that too, so I downloaded and installed the latest version of DirectX (9.c), and restarted and it worked.
I found it OK but the controls are a bit simplistic for my taste (only one attack button), but it was moderately enjoyable, and I played all the way through the demo.
I think younger players would enjoy it a fair bit.

Ok thanks. I will download the new version of directx. I said I am a literal blonde. I should have thought of that. :)

http://comics.ign.com/articles/822/822936p1.html

Damn PSP, getting Electro! :soapbox:

Why don't they tell us the PC/Wii rosters? I guess we will never know.....

NOoooooo!!!! I want Carnage!!! >_<"||

It looks like PC will only get the standard roster:

Quote from: iammingy on September 08, 2007, 12:19AM
Update!

8 playable heroes: >>Heroes Trailer HERE<<

1. Spider-man
2. Iron Fist
3. Black Cat
4. Prowler
5. Blade
6. Silver Sable
7. Lizard
8. New Goblin

6 playable villains: >>Villains Trailer HERE<<

1. Venom
2. Doctor Octopus
3. Sandman
4. Green Goblin
5. Scorpion
6. Rhino

My brother and I have played and beaten this game already. I hope that they make some DLC for this game. Hopefully with Morbius, Daredevil, Wolverine, Electro, Shocker, etc. "Spoiler alert": Did anyone notice that New Goblin is only unlocked via code?

I didn't even realize it was out already...  What was the release date?  I'll have to pick it up, provided a store around here carries the PC version (those console tards always get taken care of first, so naturally the PC, though infinitely superior, always gets the shaft).
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

have anyone started playing this game? does the characters have extreme power? seems like they have, cos the hud have this yellow bar which will filled up overtime...

October 06, 2007, 10:02PM #41 Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:05PM by msmarvel2007
They have a team extreme power but it can only be used if you have collected a blue orb (only one at a time) and this attack will take care of everything on the screen except for the level bosses. Also the yellow meter is a combo meter that will go as far as level 4 and that is when you get more token orbs from enemies. There is really no leveling in the game but you can upgrade the characters with the token orbs that you get. This game is fun and the only boss that you can unlock easy by defeating him is Venom all the others are some what difficult. It took my brother and I several tries to defeat Rhino. I wont spoil any more than that. Also yes Iammingy by the code from the demo. The release date was on the 3rd of Oct.

how do you activate the team extreme?

You press up on the directional pad on the X Box 360 controller but only if you have gotten a blue orb. All the characters have different extreme except for Green Goblin and New Goblin they are the same. The extremes are cool but the power ups that you get through out the game are shared between you and the other player unless you are going solo. Another cool thing about this game is that you never really die you keep coming back but it costs you about 4-10 tokens when you return each time. I feel the game is really well done but when you unlock Spider-Man's Black suit some times it is hard to see him in the dark areas of the game like in Act 4.