Disney's Star Wars 7th

Started by LX - Rampage, October 30, 2012, 02:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A simple and short summary of my thoughts: Why?!

I hope it will be nothing like Disney Channel (at least, it should be way better, than the Disney Channel of today). As in quality. And I also hope it will be true to the SW Universe. Plus...it shouldn't be simple cliché's built into a movie. Oh...and romantic storylines (which is a tradition in Disney nowadays) shouldn't be the main idea behind the story. So, yeah, I don't really give them a chance, mostly because I think that we shouldn't have more than 6 movies. The Star Wars Universe should stay with those and the games, which expand the universe. If it will be like Force Unleashed or KOTOR or stuff like that, then I'm in.

Honestly although I knew it would never happen, but this now contradicts that, I had always hoped for a 7th film, they could have continued it in so many ways. I had always hoped to see a Bad A** chick villain be in one of the movies. I am actually excited, I hope they don't screw it up though.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Not sure if I see the point... the expanded universe establishes the next hundred years or so after episode 6.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on October 30, 2012, 04:41PM
Not sure if I see the point... the expanded universe establishes the next hundred years or so after episode 6.

Well I'm sure they will find someway to squeeze them in. I was just reading that they actually had original plans to have episode 7,8,and 9 take place 20 or 30 years after episode 6. So who knows that they are going to do. If they want a young Luke they will need new actors, which I don't know how to feel about that so they might as well just introduce new ones.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Well, as all of you may know, I'm very anti-Disney (the old cartoon movies they did, like Lion King are epic and classic, but the newer stuff is not so much in my eyes), but after having some time to think and look at others opinions, I ended up thinking somewhat the same as Angry Joe ( http://angryjoeshow.com/2012/10/disney-buys-lucasfilms/ I'm a whole lot more positive now actually).

First Marvel and now Lucasfilm? Could this thing gets any worse or better. I had a feeling they'll putting some of Star Wars characters in Phineas & Ferb after putting Marvel characters in there
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

I don't care much for Disney or Star Wars so this doesn't bother me at all.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

How can you say NO to Darth Goofy. I mean come on.

Star Wars Episode IX: Attack on Pluto. The Sith plan to launch an attack on the planet Pluto. Pluto's only hope is Mickey Skywalker imprisoned on planet Taboo by the nefarious Chief Donald and his Motherduckers. But are Princess Cinderella and her loyal servant Pocahontas able to get to him with their forces before the evil count Mini can?

Motherduckers :D I like that :D On the other hand, not a good joke for me, I'm an SW fan :D Still, lets hope for the best (A movie set in the time of KOTOR 1-2 or The Old Republic would be cool)

October 31, 2012, 01:59PM #9 Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:23PM by mj fan
QuoteHow can you say NO to Darth Goofy. I mean come on.

Star Wars Episode IX: Attack on Pluto. The Sith plan to launch an attack on the planet Pluto. Pluto's only hope is Mickey Skywalker imprisoned on planet Taboo by the nefarious Chief Donald and his Motherduckers. But are Princess Cinderella and her loyal servant Pocahontas able to get to him with their forces before the evil count Mini can?
looooooooollll!! XD

I don't care much for Star Wars anymore since  i think now there's a lack of ideas. I think it's basically always the same thing. Plus, when i was a big fan i have always been frustrated because of the chronology and the lack of liberty. In the end some of the characters die so creators make stories inside the episodes so that we could still see them But in my opinion that's pointless And the fact that there's a lack of affection regarding the characters (anakin dies, chewbaca too...) And i have always been tired of the drama for exemple Anakin and Padmé story (beautiful but *sigh.) i think there's a lot of events to redo.Especially because they begun the story from the end *sigh*
BUT!
I would be interested if they could relaunch the universe I mean like Marvel or Dc because damn they relly need it! like something huge comes and changes the whole universe. Characters from the past could meet those from the present and tell the terribles days that are coming and help them in the fight like a crossover that would be Fun
Because Dark side With villains and good side ..lightsabers and sentences like "you're the bag guy,a sith..Grahh i kill you**" are just not quite enough for me. Sorry
The universe need to evolve

I think a lot of old school SW fans would attack every Disney Land if they would relaunch the whole thing. I still think an Old Republic based movie could be cool. With all the special effects nowadays, they could pull off some neat fight scenes involving the force, lightsabers and these futuristic laser-rifle-thingies :D

Honestly for me I don't play the games, yes i have played several of them, but for fun and it was only like one mission. I don't know any of the stories for the games, and they are kind of just games, the movies could do what ever they want and I would care more about their story then the game's story. But that is just me.