Hello folks!

Started by DJay Saint, January 11, 2013, 09:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's been a very long time since I've been around.  I popped in a while ago to say hi after being on hiatus for a couple years, and now I'm back again!

I've reignited my interests in X-Men Legends and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, so that means I'm probably going back to finish my mods I had in the works and re-polish my old mods to bring them up to standard with my new work today.  I'm sure some of you remember the old projects I worked on, and my anticipated Emma Frost mod for MUA.  Maybe I'm too much of an old timer and nobody knows who I am anymore.  Either way I'll try my best to get back in the game.

I'm glad this site is still here.  I went searching for it at first and couldn't find it, so I was afraid it was gone.  Alas, I found it again and still have all of my old work and modding tools saved on my external hard drive!  Now I just have to get back in to it.

Anyway, to the new modders are there any new programs or discoveries I should know about that we didn't have available before?  Before I left modding I remember we were just breaking in to custom sound files.  I'm not sure if we ever figured out how to get custom animations in the game yet or not.

If BLaw is still around I'm sure he would know what I'm talking about.

It's good to pop in again.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I thought I knew that name! I was like who is that for the life of me I could not remember, I know I wasn't really around at all when you were, but I remember when you came back the first time. I have always loved your work and everything and it is great to see you back again!

I know the community has been accomplishing alot as we have now begun to see Marvel vs Capcom 3 models as mannequins and just recently some of them as skins, aswell as mannequins and skins from other non marvel games, or other marvel games aswell. I don't know to much about doing any of the stuff with models and all that but I am sure there are different programs they all use.

Blaw is still around, but is now called marvintage, Im sure he will tell you himself haha.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

January 11, 2013, 09:51PM #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:56PM by MUALover
Glad you came back! and welcome back to the forum!
I know that you're not recognize me but it isn't wrong to say that, right? :D

Just like midnightphoenix said :
Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 11, 2013, 09:42PM
I know the community has been accomplishing alot as we have now begun to see Marvel vs Capcom 3 models as mannequins and just recently some of them as skins, aswell as mannequins and skins from other non marvel games, or other marvel games aswell.

Also, there are many non-marvel mods, they're really good!

I hope you can polish your old mods again! Really excited at what you're working on! :)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

January 11, 2013, 09:55PM #3 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:59PM by Burning Rage
Wow I just realized... that I signed up in February 2007 lol.  It's really been a long time since I first started hasn't it?  My how the time flies.

Quote from: MUALover on January 11, 2013, 09:51PM
I know that you're not recognize me but it isn't wrong to say that, right? :D

Actually you seem quite familiar.

Haha I know how you feel, I know I havent been here since 2007, but it really does seem like the time goes by pretty fast and we still keep accomplishing more and more things!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Burning Rage on January 11, 2013, 09:55PM
Wow I just realized... that I signed up in February 2007 lol.  It's really been a long time since I first started hasn't it?  My how the time flies.

You went hiatus after December 24th, 2011, and you came back on January 12th, 2013. Which is you were 'absent' like approximately 2 years :)

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 11, 2013, 09:59PM
Haha I know how you feel, I know I havent been here since 2007, but it really does seem like the time goes by pretty fast and we still keep accomplishing more and more things!

Agreed on that one :D
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: MUALover on January 11, 2013, 10:00PM
You went hiatus after December 24th, 2011, and you came back on January 12th, 2013. Which is you were 'absent' like approximately 2 years :)

Wut... how do you know what date I left?  lol...  *looks around for hidden cameras*

Was 13 months, but yeah.  I can't believe it was still that long.

Quote from: Burning Rage on January 11, 2013, 10:03PM
Wut... how do you know what date I left?  lol...  *looks around for hidden cameras*

I feel like you returned a lot more recently, haha I must be going crazy, the time goes so fast I can't even remember what happened 13 months ago and what happened 2 months ago.

Quote from: Burning Rage on January 11, 2013, 10:03PM

Through your profile lol :D

Sometimes, time could be running slow, and sometimes, time could be running fast. :)
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

It's good to see you back Burning Rage ! :D

You know...  I was playing X-Men Legends II today and I realized... holy Chocolate egg do the icons suck in that game lol.  I know when I did my Emma, Psylocke, etc. mods I made all brand new icons and there was a stark difference in quality.  I mean I don't understand how the quality between XML1 and XML2 went DOWN as far as the icons are concerned.

So...  I've decided I'm doing a complete overhaul of ALL character icons for XML2.  I just can't stand looking at the awful icons anymore.  Not sure how long it will take me to do it as I'll have to draw a lot by hand, and cut out reference images but I'll get it done eventually.  Or course the characters I love and enjoy the most will get priority treatment :D  (Rogue I'm looking at you babe).

So yeah, just decided that and it shall be done!  *slams gavel on desk*

MEASTER RAGE! ^________________________________________^

Good to see ya back!

There are no extra programs available, we pretty much always used the same stuff. Tommy and mostly Tommy dived into animations and custom models more and discovered some stuff worthy to further look into, but no real end result. Other than that, people have been making some more DC stuff and that's about it.

I've been trying to play around with custom maps but clearly I'm missing something, forgot what since it has been a year for me.

Anyhoo, I can't wait for your releases! That includes your custom models (Emma, anyone??)

Welcome back! :)
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Welcome back! Obviously you won't know me since I joined just last year, but it's good to see that someone who shows up in threads a lot is back.

In addition to what Marvintage and MidnightPhoenix said, brandonmeek is working on an "arena". We also made a few more "community-based" threads, so everyone can talk about MarvelMods itself in the Talk about Anything subforum.

January 12, 2013, 02:08PM #14 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:43PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: Marvintage on January 12, 2013, 05:45AM
MEASTER RAGE! ^________________________________________^

Good to see ya back!

There are no extra programs available, we pretty much always used the same stuff. Tommy and mostly Tommy dived into animations and custom models more and discovered some stuff worthy to further look into, but no real end result. Other than that, people have been making some more DC stuff and that's about it.

I've been trying to play around with custom maps but clearly I'm missing something, forgot what since it has been a year for me.

Anyhoo, I can't wait for your releases! That includes your custom models (Emma, anyone??)

Mister Law!  Long time no see bro.

Yeah looks like I'll have to have a chat with Tommy again if he's still around.  So have you guys actually been able to pull off any custom animations in game at all?  What about making models for XML2?  Last time I was around we were able to make mannequins and models for MUA, but they wouldn't work in XML2.

And yeah, I still have the old models I was working on which included:

Emma Frost (multiple versions of her, each skin has a brand new model for it, not just a simple recolor and Diamond Forms for all)
Rogue (her classic green/yellow outfit with the brown leather jacket in TAS)
Gambit (his classic skin as well in TAS)
Psylocke
Cyclops (his TAS outfit)

I also had mods in progress for Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, and Emma Frost that included all new voiceovers and brand new power sets.  The only problem I had with Rogue which kept me from releasing her was I could NOT get her Power Theft to work at all.  The handler is missing from MUA and I couldn't get around it.  Not sure if anyone ever made progress on porting handlers from XML2 to MUA or not.  We never did quite figure out how to completely decompile the .exe file (although I made some progress a while back and figured out how to decomplie the .exe in to it's source code, I couldn't break down the code or find the actual handlers and was thus unsuccessful).  How did that AMA with the developers that Teancum had going pan out?

I'll have to dig up all my work and see where I left off and how I feel about the mods now to see if I have new/better ideas.  I know for sure one of the popular things besides the new models I had for Emma was her voice that I ripped straight from Wolverine and the X-Men :D.  She sounded amazing in that show and I love the voice actress.

Anyway it'll take me a few to get caught back up again but I'll try to finish all my wip mods and not disappoint.  I'm going to be working on XML2 for a bit first since that's my current fascination (again).  Then moving on to finish my MUA mods (I may work on them in the mean time, but at the moment I'm playing XML2 so I want to get those done).

Some of my XML2 mods included porting the entire XML1 game over to the PC version.  I've added some of the XML1 maps and made them playable (I had screenshots of it somewhere on the forum here a long, long time ago), just need to add polish and other playability things.