The Outsider's Crypt (contains 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: JohnConquest12 on August 11, 2017, 07:01PM
So I'm trying to add your catwoman mod but I'm having trouble modding it in! when I go out to pick my character, it's not in the selection screen. The game can see I replaced Mr. Fantastic with Catwoman but Catwoman is not showing up in hero selection, only her name and when I select that hero, the game crashes! Please help! I've followed this video on how to mod the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WyMIbhKBOc and I did everything step by step! (I'm also new to modding MUA and I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around this.)

That tutorial looks accurate. Ok, I'll try to help you out: If you did it step by step, then I won't have to ask if you started a new game. Whenever something has been edited, always start a new game.

If you didn't see Catwoman on your roster, I'm questioning if you have the latest Catwoman mod, which has a mannequin. In an earlier version, she didn't have a mannequin yet, so that may be why you're not seeing her on your screen.

Also, in an earlier version, I may not have put her primary skin (22205) in the actors folder, because I gave players the option of choosing her primary skin to be placed in the actors folder. You mentioned that when you picked her, the game froze. This implies that you may not have her primary skin (22205) in there, so check your game's actors folder and see if 22205 is there. If it isn't, that explains why it froze.

Solution: In case you have an earlier version, download her again to ensure that you have the latest version. Then, start a new game. If the problem persists, let me know.

Well it worked but now Elektra disappeared from the roster and when I go click her place she was replaced with "Defaultman." Well I think I somehow fucked up when I was editing the herostat.

Holy hell how I wish modding this game was not as troublesome as modding Skyrim or Fallout

Quote from: JohnConquest12 on August 12, 2017, 06:43AM
Well it worked but now Elektra disappeared from the roster and when I go click her place she was replaced with "Defaultman." Well I think I somehow fucked up when I was editing the herostat.

Holy hell how I wish modding this game was not as troublesome as modding Skyrim or Fallout

It's not that bad once you get used to it. Tell you what -- send me a PM and show me exactly what your herostat looks like (Copy and paste). I'll see if I can find the problem.

August 12, 2017, 01:54PM #1159 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:38AM by Outsider
ERMAC (Booster)

This is a a booster of Mortal Kombat's living collection of souls known as Ermac. While Erik Lensherr did the mod very well, I felt that the the character was way too powerful, and it made the game far too easy. For the same reasons that characters like Superman, Goku, and Shao Kahn aren't too overpowered, the game has to have some balance. So, I have balanced Ermac, and now they fit in with the rest of the MK mods. Check it out.

FEATURES:
-Altered herostat:
---Lowered his stats so they aren't too high for the game.
---Got rid of unnecessary lines such as "grab," "Mutant," and "XMen."
---First power available at start, just like all other mods.

-Altered "Energetic Entity" ability:
---Lowered energy damage resistance to 30%.
---Got rid of health per kill.
---Energy per kill now at 5 instead of 25.
---Got rid of attack speed as Ermac is not faster than the likes of Mileena.

-Altered talents file:
---Changed it to game-like ranks so that most powers are not unlocked at level 1 and 2.
---Telekinesis is available at start of game. Can also strengthen Stage Fatality.
---Reduced damage of Energy Ball. Can now upgrade grab smash. Unlocks at level 5.
---Teleportation Assault now called Teleport Punch, which Ermac does in the games. Reduced damage inflicted. Unlocks at level 12.
---Increased damage of Powered Explosion. Slight decrease in enemy damage taken. Slight increase in enemy duration. Unlocks at level 15.
---Soul Syphon now unlocks at level 17.
---Increased damage of Telekinetic Crush. Unlocks at level 20.
---Removed the attack damage increase from Full Power boost, as that is what the skill point increase is for. Increased boost duration. Unlocks at level 14.
---Altered grammar, as Ermac is a living collection of souls. For example, Ermac is not a "he," but a "they." Similar to the way Venom speaks.

-Altered powerstyle file:
---Fixed Stage Fatality so it looks like all other Mortal Kombat mods, and is upgradeable.
---Fixed grab smash so that it is upgradeable.
---Got rid of effects in his taunt, as too many effects causes an "effects overload," meaning that some effects will stop working.
---Fixed flaw in Full Power boost coding.
---Fixed attack light 3 as it is not supposed to be a power attack that takes huge damage and costs energy. Made it Ermac's heavy attack instead and altered it so that it fits a basic attack and costs no energy.
---Added taunt lines to both boosts.

-Altered other features:
---Can now teleport by holding block and pressing jump. Lowered damage output of teleport. Costs 5 energy.
---Replaced two HUDs with in-game portraits, which is uniform for MK mods.
---Replaced some icons to represent the power that Ermac is doing, which also uniform with other MK mods.
---Added a loading screen.
---Added a new mannequin by Aventureiromax.
---Fixed up sounds and voice file to feature his voice from MKX.
---Hex-edited all skins, as they previously weren't. Now you'll see Ermac clones at Murderworld instead of white figures.

NEW MOVESET:
1. Telekinesis: Ermac levitates and controls an enemy or object. Also strengthens Stage Fatality.
2. Energy Ball: Fires an energy projectile to cause high damage and knockback. Also improves grab smash.
3. Rage of Spirits: All of its souls combine their power to immobilize enemies, causing damage over time.
4. Teleport Punch: Quickly teleports and attacks enemies in rapid succession.
5. Powered Explosion: Releases a massive wave of energy to strike all enemies in range and increase their damage taken for a time.
6. Soul Syphon: Generates a special beam of energy to drain an enemy's health into themselves.
7. Telekinetic Crush: Levitates all enemies in range, dealing damage over time. Then they release a wave of energy, crushing all enemies down.
8. (Boost) Energy Barrier: Generate a strong energy barrier to decrease damage taken. Enemies also take damage within a close range.
9. (Boost) Full Power: Each soul within Ermac increases their skill points, attack damage and reduces energy cost.
10. (Fatality) Infinite Souls: Ermac disperses in four barrages, dealing extra damage in close distances, also absorbing a percent of damage dealt.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Coding fixes, hex-editing, loading screen, new HUDs, new icons, etc.
Erik Lensherr - Ermac mod
Aventureiromax - New mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?3fe32v8r62vip32

(NOTE: This is not the mod of Ermac, but an important booster that is needed for them to coincide with other MK mods. For Erik Lensherr's mod of Ermac, click here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6ia4nnu3qndulq/Ermac+mod+-+Erik+Lensherr.zip. Keep in mind that he'll clash mannequins with Ares.)

Nice! You did a lot of improvements, great job! And it seems the first power wasn't available at the start? I even didn't knew it.. Anyway, thank you for booster :)

Everyone, Scorpion (Marvel) has been updated. Enigma referenced an old glitch that Scorpion had where he turns green or solid black (depending on skin used) after using a poisonous power.  Scorpion is one of my oldest mods, and at the time I didn't know how to fix that. But now, that glitch is gone. Download him and just update his powerstyle file.

Quote from: Erik Lensherr on August 13, 2017, 01:53AM
Nice! You did a lot of improvements, great job! And it seems the first power wasn't available at the start? I even didn't knew it.. Anyway, thank you for booster :)

No problem. Since the Mortal Kombat roster is growing (though I highly doubt all 27 spots will be filled), I didn't want Ermac to be the odd character out, and they deserved to fit in with the rest of them.

If I ever get to mod as much as I'd eventually like to, I guarantee there will be at least 27 Mortal Kombat characters ;)

Everyone, so I've been so very busy lately, that my modding work for the Summer of Shadows event has been limited to the weekends, and that's if I don't have plans. However, some good news: Because of my limited availability, this event is very likely to last even after the summer's over, as there are still a number of projects I'd like to tackle before I'm done.

Funny story -- my girlfriend even asked if I could make mods of the two of us, just so we can battle the Masters of Evil together as each other! (She wants her character to be a mix between Psylocke and Jessica Jones, for me to record her own voice as sound files, and to use a sexy picture of her as her character's loading screen.) I told her I'd think about that, but I'm definitely not sharing those mods with the public! :laugh:

For those wondering, my Marvel projects will begin after my Mortal Kombat projects are done. (I even have a couple from Top Cow planned -- but sorry, no DC projects.) My next MK project is a kombatant who is about as ruthless and vicious as they come... Stay tuned.

Outsider's my friend,I really wanted my girlfriend to have an interest in playing with me, but unfortunately I did not have this luck kkk
And as for the mods you're working on do not worry, just knowing that you still spend some of your time on the MUA and for us in the forum already make us happy;)

As long as Outsider continues to visit the forum, I will remain excited ^_^ even when you're not making mods you dispense priceless advice, help, and encouragement to your fellow modders as well as modding hopefuls alike.

Quote from: Outsider on August 19, 2017, 02:26PM
Funny story -- my girlfriend even asked if I could make mods of the two of us, just so we can battle the Masters of Evil together as each other! (She wants her character to be a mix between Psylocke and Jessica Jones, for me to record her own voice as sound files, and to use a sexy picture of her as her character's loading screen.) I told her I'd think about that, but I'm definitely not sharing those mods with the public! :laugh:

Aww, that's cute :) There have been several OC characters made as mods for X-Men Legends II over the years(and perhaps one in the form of the Aqua character mod for MUA). So it isn't exactly an uncommon occurrence for this site. But it opens up great avenues for creativity nevertheless.

I'd love to insert characters I made up myself into the game(even if my OCs would kinda be overpowered :P). But all this modding stuff seems too overly complex for me to grasp(Tried making Tomb Raider custom levels utilizing their official editor a LONG time ago. And the best I could do was craft one boxy room with dark-bluish lighting and a ton of interactive objects for Lara to use XD). So I can imagine that I wouldn't get very far in the MUA scene either.

If you'd like though, I could provide private roster menu callouts specifically for you and your girlfriend's original characters, just to make the experience feel more complete. Feel free to let me know, if you're interested ;)

Quote from: AdrianoAp on August 19, 2017, 03:52PM
Outsider's my friend,I really wanted my girlfriend to have an interest in playing with me, but unfortunately I did not have this luck kkk
And as for the mods you're working on do not worry, just knowing that you still spend some of your time on the MUA and for us in the forum already make us happy;)

I appreciate that, Adriano. Yes, I consider myself very lucky that my girl's into the same things I like ...well, some things. She still doesn't watch pro wrestling. :laugh:

Quote from: TheMK on August 19, 2017, 04:58PM
As long as Outsider continues to visit the forum, I will remain excited ^_^ even when you're not making mods you dispense priceless advice, help, and encouragement to your fellow modders as well as modding hopefuls alike.

Your support is one reason why I do what I do, even after retirement. The best thing to do is to pay that experience forward, in the hopes that future modders will rise and grow to perhaps become even better than modders past and present.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on August 19, 2017, 05:46PM
Aww, that's cute :) There have been several OC characters made as mods for X-Men Legends II over the years(and perhaps one in the form of the Aqua character mod for MUA). So it isn't exactly an uncommon occurrence for this site. But it opens up great avenues for creativity nevertheless.

I'd love to insert characters I made up myself into the game(even if my OCs would kinda be overpowered :P). But all this modding stuff seems too overly complex for me to grasp(Tried making Tomb Raider custom levels utilizing their official editor a LONG time ago. And the best I could do was craft one boxy room with dark-bluish lighting and a ton of interactive objects for Lara to use XD). So I can imagine that I wouldn't get very far in the MUA scene either.

If you'd like though, I could provide private roster menu callouts specifically for you and your girlfriend's original characters, just to make the experience feel more complete. Feel free to let me know, if you're interested ;)

Thanks for that offer (as you've been doing quite well with the callouts), but she said she wants my own voice calling herself out -- to separate her from the rest. Man, she's really thought this through...

As for modding being complicated, I won't lie to you -- it was confusing years ago when I attempted my first mod, Starbolt. I was able to create his powers, but it took no damage. The results were more bad than good, and I gave up on that. Later, I learned that by experimenting and tweaking on another's mod, you can see what function does what. I experimented on Scabbia's Giant Man mod... and the rest is history. That's what I would suggest for you if you really want to learn how to mod: (1) Start by tweaking another's to learn the basics. (2) Check the Knowledge Base, and (3) Don't be afraid to ask questions.

And be careful -- I've told Erik Lensherr recently that if a character is too overpowered, it disrupts the balance of the game, and thus, it's too easy and not fun at all (see my description on Ermac's booster). In fact, the only reason I never attempted my creations, the Phantom Four are because they would just be too powerful for the game and can't be balanced out. Not even Galactus can beat any of them...

August 20, 2017, 05:04PM #1168 Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:50PM by Ceamonks890
^No worries!

And thanks for the advice. I'll give the tutorials a look over and see if its worth creating my own mods. No guarantees though :P

EDIT: Yeah, I think I'll pass. But this exploration of how mods are made, has certainly given me a better perspective and greater sense of appreciation for talented folks who can understand all this stuff and create things with relative, albeit time-consuming ease.