The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Happy thanksgiving Outsider. I was meaning to ask; did you ever finish that Scarlet Spider booster to fix Blaw's mod?

Outsider, congratulations!
Your Wave mod is so much fun. And the skin that UltraMegaMagnus has converted is fantastic. This is a partnership of excellence. Another great mod for our game. Thanks!

Everyone, something mysterious happened... a secret mod was just discovered somewhere in The Crypt. Can you find it? Can you unlock who it is?

:king: (evil laugh)

With that mod made, I have officially done 200 mods! (Whew! I still don't know how I'm doing this.) Having done 39 boosters already, I'd like to leave with a total of 250 projects. That means that only 10 mods and one booster remain. (NOTE: Phil Coulson is not considered one of them -- that's BLaw's project, I just helped him out in the same way that I helped MUALover with Malice and Fox456 with Moondragon before they were released.) Stay tuned as the Crypt winds down until the end...

Quote from: andersonbrazil on December 01, 2019, 04:00AM
Outsider, congratulations!
Your Wave mod is so much fun. And the skin that UltraMegaMagnus has converted is fantastic. This is a partnership of excellence. Another great mod for our game. Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment, amigo. Good to hear that. Question for you: Are you still planning that hair bolton (or) skinsegment for Sindel's move? Let me know whenever you can. No rush though if you are -- take your time.

Quote from: ClassicSpaceman on November 30, 2019, 07:11PM
Happy thanksgiving Outsider. I was meaning to ask; did you ever finish that Scarlet Spider booster to fix Blaw's mod?

Sadly, no. That project was lost when my original laptop shut down on me a while back. I recovered the game, and I had to install all of the mods again. But some data (including that) was gone. And now I only have one more booster left to do -- it will likely go to :cable2: Cable.

Quote from: ClassicSpaceman on November 30, 2019, 07:11PM

Thanks for that. Thanksgiving was great. Ever had those Popeyes' Cajun Style Turkeys? My family did this year, so Mom didn't have to work as hard on the bird this year. That turkey was the best I've tasted. Had good seasoning, and wasn't dry at all.

Hello Outsider. congratulations! I really really enjoy your mods and booster. I got question. I wanted to download your booster for Quicksilver :quicks: and Captain America :capamer: but it always direct me to this page that says "Privacy error-Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information..." This does not happened to your other booster. How to download these 2?

December 01, 2019, 05:03PM #2119 Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:07PM by Ceamonks890
Quote from: Fr3ddy on December 01, 2019, 03:05PM
Hello Outsider. congratulations! I really really enjoy your mods and booster. I got question. I wanted to download your booster for Quicksilver :quicks: and Captain America :capamer: but it always direct me to this page that says "Privacy error-Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information..." This does not happened to your other booster. How to download these 2?

Go to Advanced in the page's settings and click the option 'You accept the risks'. Scanned both files with Malwarebytes Premium and they both came out completely clean. And as for real-time protection, Malwarebytes doesn't detect anything dodgy either with uBlock Origin and noScript installed on my browser.

And after successfully downloading them both once, this security page no longer appears for either of the boosters in question. So you aren't at risk of any potential virus in this case ;)

Wow, the new Secret Mod is really cool! Wasn't expecting this awesome character!

Quote from: Outsider on December 01, 2019, 10:01AM
Thanks for that. Thanksgiving was great. Ever had those Popeyes' Cajun Style Turkeys? My family did this year, so Mom didn't have to work as hard on the bird this year. That turkey was the best I've tasted. Had good seasoning, and wasn't dry at all.

Ooh, that sounds really good! I'll have to try it sometime!

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on November 27, 2019, 11:12PM
Unfortunately, my archived copy link is broken too Outsider (as for whatever reason, file download links stupidly remain the same despite being uploaded to different Mediafire accounts).

I've submitted a support ticket to Mediafire proper in order to resolve this issue, which logically should resolve the link issues on your own account too Outsider. I will keep you all up-to-speed on what unfolds ;)

To update everyone on what's going on with the Mantis mod download link, I've just received an email from Mediafire support saying that its currently hosted on a server which is undergoing maintenance. They didn't specify when it'll be made available again, but greatly apologize for the inconvenience regardless. So I suppose its left to the hands of fate now for when it'll be fixed :/

So, who is next? I think I'll take my attempt at the tournament winner Dante next. From what I've heard, the models of him out there are too high-poly for skinners to convert unfortunately, so it'll have to be a PS2 skin. I'll attempt to create it myself. I hope I can make it look as much like Dante as possible, as I'm a hit-or-miss skinner.

Also, it has come to my attention that non-English speakers have had a tough time trying to unlock my secret mods, while others simply are just not fans of the aura of mystery still surrounding them after a long period of time. I haven't made up my mind yet, but since my time as an active modder is winding down closer to the end, I am considering one-by-one making them no longer secret. After all, the first secret mod was released a couple of years ago -- not much of a mystery anymore unless you're new here or you've never bothered to unlock it. All I can say is that I'm thinking about it.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on December 02, 2019, 03:10PM
To update everyone on what's going on with the Mantis mod download link, I've just received an email from Mediafire support saying that its currently hosted on a server which is undergoing maintenance. They didn't specify when it'll be made available again, but greatly apologize for the inconvenience regardless. So I suppose its left to the hands of fate now for when it'll be fixed :/

So it would seem. Thanks for following up on that.

Quote from: TheMK on December 01, 2019, 08:29PM
Wow, the new Secret Mod is really cool! Wasn't expecting this awesome character!
Quote from: Rodrigo79 on December 02, 2019, 04:30PM
Wow!! The new secret mod is great!! Thanks!!

Glad to hear that you guys dig it.

December 02, 2019, 07:40PM #2124 Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:07PM by Ceamonks890
Quote from: Outsider on December 02, 2019, 05:17PM
So, who is next? I think I'll take my attempt at the tournament winner Dante next. From what I've heard, the models of him out there are too high-poly for skinners to convert unfortunately, so it'll have to be a PS2 skin. I'll attempt to create it myself. I hope I can make it look as much like Dante as possible, as I'm a hit-or-miss skinner.

If you really can't import any of his models from the first three games on PS2 (which would likely be easier to reduce the polycount of than 4 or 5's models), then I'd suggest using either the designs from DMC1 or 5 as a basis to work off of & make the entire prospect easier on yourself (as you can easily reverse-engineer Hawkeye's Street Gear model for these particular outfits without having to change much, beyond the expected thorough retexturing process and adding a cape of sorts on the lower body, to make the jacket flow better with Dante's unique sense of style).

The hair style, belt buckle and coat matches up perfectly for these outfits.
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/2751/images/thumbnails/414/414-1569177632-1078699638.jpeg
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/c/c2/Dante_DMC5.png/revision/latest?cb=20180922220047

DMC3's default outfit is impossible to do on account of the bare chest, 2's outfit is zipped up and has a vastly different belt buckle and 4's... Well, DMC4's would just be a tedious visual pain to recreate decently.

His Devil Trigger on the other hand is a lot more trickier, as there isn't a solid model within MUA to work from in this respect, beyond Blackheart's lower body if we're talking 5's variant here.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck at recreating Dante :)

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on December 02, 2019, 03:10PM

Thank you for your effort and clearing that up. I've encountered three mediafire links that are down and have stayed down for a long time. It's hard to believe that this is because of server maintenance. But then it's very likely to be a server issue and we can hope that this is going to be resolved.
Thanks again!

Hey Outsider, I'm having some trouble with the Hawkeye booster.
He has no attack animations, if that makes any sense. Like trying to attack enemies with light attacks/heavy/or bow attacks, he does nothing but the sword moves still work.
I'm putting everything in right, starting a new game, etc. And I honestly have no clue whats up.
Any ideas?

Quote from: gamewarrior89 on December 04, 2019, 03:18PM
Hey Outsider, I'm having some trouble with the Hawkeye booster.
He has no attack animations, if that makes any sense. Like trying to attack enemies with light attacks/heavy/or bow attacks, he does nothing but the sword moves still work.
I'm putting everything in right, starting a new game, etc. And I honestly have no clue whats up.
Any ideas?

(1) Do you have the Gold Edition Content (GEC) mod installed? That has a history of ruining some character mods from attacking. If you have it, get rid of it.
(2) Did you install the Official Characters Pack (OCP)? If you didn't, do that before installing any mods.
(3) Did you install Hawkeye in it's entirety? You'd be surprised that some do not, and then wonder why it's not working.

Since I don't know how your game is set up, I can only troubleshoot. I would post this in the Technical Problems section instead of here, and be as detailed as you can. What you installed in your game, what you tried doing, etc.

Quote from: Outsider on December 04, 2019, 04:47PM
(1) Do you have the Gold Edition Content (GEC) mod installed? That has a history of ruining some character mods from attacking. If you have it, get rid of it.
(2) Did you install the Official Characters Pack (OCP)? If you didn't, do that before installing any mods.
(3) Did you install Hawkeye in it's entirety? You'd be surprised that some do not, and then wonder why it's not working.

Since I don't know how your game is set up, I can only troubleshoot. I would post this in the Technical Problems section instead of here, and be as detailed as you can. What you installed in your game, what you tried doing, etc.

1) Nope
2) Yes
3) I think I did, I merged all of the folders from the zip file with the ones in my game directory. And then put the herostat entry into mine, compiled it, and started a new game.
The only thing I can think of, because I've only installed one thing before I tried Hawkeye's booster, was the new 36 character roster mod.

Quote from: gamewarrior89 on December 06, 2019, 04:44PM
1) Nope
2) Yes
3) I think I did, I merged all of the folders from the zip file with the ones in my game directory. And then put the herostat entry into mine, compiled it, and started a new game.
The only thing I can think of, because I've only installed one thing before I tried Hawkeye's booster, was the new 36 character roster mod.

*UPDATE*
I figured it out after going to the 36 character mod thread, someone was having a similar problem and mentioned using the "unlock all  powers" cheat to fix it.
I tried it, and it fixed my problem.
Thanks for trying to help me out Outsider, I really do appreciate it.