The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Outsider on January 06, 2015, 08:19PM
GHOST RIDER (booster)

This is a mini-booster for :ghostr: Ghost Rider. However, I don't mean Johnny Blaze... I'm talking about the Brooklyn, New York native Daniel "Danny" Ketch. This booster makes it so that his Hellcycle will match his blue-flamed skull, and only for that skin. Check it out. Now, if only we could do jumps or wheelies with the motorcyle....

FEATURES:
-New herostat, entities/powerstyle/talents files that successfully add blue flame effects to Ghost Rider's Hellcycle.
-A loading screen of Danny Ketch.
-Fixed the requirements of "Hellfire Breath" and "Hell's Embrace."
-Hellcycle now activated by holding block and press jump. He can now double jump again.
-Hellcycle and Grab Smash damage are now upgradeable.

PREREQUISITES
-You MUST have iammingy's Ghost Rider booster (https://app.box.com/s/8dc22160877aaf3232c4) AND UltimateVenom's Danny Ketch skin (http://www.mediafire.com/?mnzy1znmzjn) for this mini-booster to work. In the latter, the effects are not set up correctly. Make sure it's one folder - effects/char/ghostr. (Use the smaller effect.)

NOTE:
This mini-booster has Danny Ketch as skin #4 (0604) replacing Caretaker. If you wish to change this, you must alter the herostat and powerstyles file.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Coding fixes, blue flame bike effect, loading screen

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?9x65h2917mv6vm6

Hey Outsider!
I really liked of this Ghost Rider boost, could you make a version of that same Boost without the Hellcycle?

I'm excited to see Starfire! I don't know too much about the Teen Titans, but she sure seems like a cool character, and it'll be nice to complete their roster.

Just a little progress report -- Fujin is doing very well, and should probably be released sometime within the week. Time permitting, of course. Wow, so many ways to use wind...

Quote from: DAMAGED on March 20, 2018, 04:03AM
Hey Outsider!
I really liked of this Ghost Rider boost, could you make a version of that same Boost without the Hellcycle?

Not sure what you mean -- the blue flames on the motorcycle was kind of the selling point. Without it, he's just Ghost Rider with blue flames on his head, which another modder had already done.

Didn't the Ghost Rider booster also have a different fightstyle and some new powers? I remember liking it except the bike.

Quote from: Johnny Crazy on March 26, 2018, 06:49PM
Didn't the Ghost Rider booster also have a different fightstyle and some new powers? I remember liking it except the bike.

That was the work of iammingy. It was his booster that added those new moves as well as the bike. Mine was more for aesthetics, really.

March 28, 2018, 01:30PM #1400 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 08:57AM by Outsider
FUJIN

Introducing the 20th Mortal Kombat mod for MUA -- the underrated God of Wind known as Fujin.  As you'd expect, his powers consist of the earth element of air, and he uses it in various ways. To that end, this mod is highly original and plenty of fun. Check him out, and get ready to beat the wind out of your enemies. (I told you he was gonna blow you away... literally!)

UPDATE: Added MK11 skin & HUD. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Abilities of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality), and God of Wind (100% immune to Wind DMG, takes 25% less damage & mind control, regains energy faster, and can resurrect.)
-2 hex-edited skins, 3 HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #162 (shares with Archangel. Will clash in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Whirlwind Twister: Creates a powerful wind vortex, throwing objects and enemies about. Also strengthens Stage Fatality.
2. Air Funnel: Uses his powers of wind just like telekinesis. Also strengthens grab smash.
3. Glorious Gust: Slams his godly fists together, creating a forward blast of wind which sends enemies flying.
4. Sky Launch: Uses wind to fling an enemy into the air, causing heavy distance and damage.
5. Tornado Blast: Sets a massive tornado of wind that acts as an environmental hazard for a time.
6. (Boost) Chosen One: Increases power damage and melee damage as he dons his classic cape (from Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero).
7. (Boost) Winds of Change: Gives the team advanced healing for a time.
8. (Fatality) The F5: Creates a catastrophic category five hurricane on all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, new wind effects, etc.
Aventureiromax - Klassic skin & mannequin
Escanor610 - Modern skin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?82668pqu26i27cc

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on March 28, 2018, 01:59PM
Cool! I don't think I've ever played with an entirely wind-based character

I don't believe there was one until now. That's why it was just too tempting not to work on Fujin. I think people will be pleased by the result. I wonder if Ed Boon and the Netherrealm Team knows about the Mortal Kombat mods we've been doing... If they do, I hope they are impressed.

BTW, Happy Birthday! Hope you've enjoyed it.

Very cool!

I appreciate the uniqueness he adds to MUA :)

I don't think Boon is aware of the mods, but if he was, I'd like to think he'd approve :) if his Twitter account is any indication, he seems to appreciate fan creations as well as both Marvel and DC.

Quote from: Outsider on March 28, 2018, 07:03PM
I don't believe there was one until now. That's why it was just too tempting not to work on Fujin. I think people will be pleased by the result. I wonder if Ed Boon and the Netherrealm Team knows about the Mortal Kombat mods we've been doing... If they do, I hope they are impressed.

BTW, Happy Birthday! Hope you've enjoyed it.

Hopefully I'll get to try him out soon. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Congratulations Outsider! The Fujin mod, as well as the mod Goro, are really cool! I'm almost finished with your requests. When I finish I will update Small Pack 12 with them. In the videos I do some subscribers on my channel ask me about skins that they see in the videos but they do not find in my topic. I decided to expose all so that they can download them separately.

Everyone, I will soon reveal my next project -- a Marvel character who I think a lot of you will want to play as... Stay tuned. I've been working on trying to get music to play at the character select screen, but so far, there is still no way to do that. Maybe someone else will figure it out. In the meantime, I want to try something with Shang Tsung to see if a certain something is possible. If I can pull it off, I believe it would officially make Shang Tsung the greatest mod of all time!!! (I know... that's a bold statement, but that's how big this discovery would be if I can do it.)

Quote from: andersonbrazil on March 29, 2018, 08:32AM
Congratulations Outsider! The Fujin mod, as well as the mod Goro, are really cool! I'm almost finished with your requests. When I finish I will update Small Pack 12 with them. In the videos I do some subscribers on my channel ask me about skins that they see in the videos but they do not find in my topic. I decided to expose all so that they can download them separately.

Thanks for that. Good to hear that you're almost finished -- I will keep a watchful eye out for them. I have been seeing your videos as well. I'm also thinking of trying my hand at creating models myself one day. Aventureiromax tells me that your video tutorials are the best way to learn -- even though it's not in English, so I will be looking at them when I have decent time.

So, that thing I tried to do with Shang Tsung? You know how characters' powerstyle files say "cansteal = true?"I was trying to see if it was possible for Shang Tsung to gain the powerstyles of those he morphs into (through scripts). Unfortunately, it didn't work. There is a way for him to do one power for each kombatant he morphs into, but it's far too much work. I'm not gonna bother with it.

In other news, does everyone remember nickjustint's movie recolor edit for :strange: Dr. Strange? When that came out, I said to myself that I like Dr. Strange's blue/purple colors for powers the way it is because those are darker colors more fitting to his comic background. However, he did a great job, and I thought to myself that those effects would be more suitable for someone else connected to the Sorcerer Supreme... That said, I announce to you all that my next mod is... the Ancient One!!!! I will create Dr. Strange's master, but in the female Celtic form that we saw in his movie that was played by Tilda Swinton. I have some kick-ass ideas for her - combining her arcane magic with martial arts. She should become a great mod. I'll have to create her skin, but hopefully I can pull it off. After her will be the winner of my recent poll -- Starfire (I can't say I know much about her, but I take it her skills would be similar to Erik Lensherr's Fire mod?), and then it's back to Mortal Kombat. Stay tuned, as The Outsider's Road To 150 continues.

Despite her name, her powers don't have anything to do with fire.Her powers are energy absorption/projection.Check out her wikia page.    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Koriand%27r_(Prime_Earth)
I would highly recommend that you watch the old teen titans series, but I understand that you might not have the time for a 4 or 5 season show.The Justice League vs Teen Titans movie and its sequel Teen Titans Judas Contract both feature Starfire as the leader of the Titans and in my opinion, portrays her abilities and personality quite well.

Will certainly be surreal to have the MCU Ancient One interact with her male comic counterpart in the Sanctum Sanctorum hub... That's for sure :P

And if you need inspiration for Starfire's moveset, check out my proposed one in the 'Moveset Contribution Thread' & watch some Injustice 2 gameplay of her in action :)