Enigma's Mini-Mods

Started by Enigma, November 11, 2021, 10:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUA1 Cursors v1.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TCNJlT1Y1fpPvXe2AnnSVS1QTU3HSQ2/view?usp=sharing

This mod changes 6 of the cursors, specifically the 2 arrows, the hand one, the red diamond one, and the left and right mouse button cursors to the cursors from the PC version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1.

The left and right mouse button cursors are in a higher resolution than the default XML2 ones.

MUA2 Cursors v1.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nmY4zUF4b-4i3HKMNOnD2NQUWHUpeeq8/view?usp=sharing

This mod changes 4 of the cursors, specifically the 2 arrows, the hand one, and the red diamond one, to be the cursors from the PC version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

:spiderman:Spider-Man 3 Cursors :spiderman:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fnASNzYXFhpWgOx-mWvWGduZQHIBpNrK/view?usp=sharing

This mod changes 3 of the cursors, specifically the 2 arrows and the hand one, to the cursors from the PC version of Spider-Man 3.

These are in a higher resolution then the default XML2 cursors.

MUA2 DS Conversations Huds and Character Select Portraits v1.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiLHAzJ7n1Kd1gjT6GUQzIvb7bTClwd0/view?usp=share_link

**These are conversation huds and character select portraits that I made using high quality versions of the MUA2 DS portraits I found on artist Andrew Olsen's portfolio.
*They are of Green Goblin, She-Hulk, and Venom.
*They are all hex edited for their XML2 mods.
*I have also included the raw images.

Alternate Trivia Mod

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r7bjfRslnSHt2Oe1pMGCoEK7mAHvfCTr/view?usp=sharing

**tubular-spaceman made this alternate trivia by replacing some default trivia questions with some from MUA1 and some new ones.
*I corrected some issues with the default Raven questions. I fixed various typos and fixed the question about which alien race the X-Men never met having the wrong answer. Also, the question about the name of Bishop's sister is on there twice, so I replaced that a new question about the Hulk based on an idea from tubular-spaceman. I also replaced a default question with one about Ultimate Spider-Man and Kitty, based on an idea from tubular-spaceman.

Undercloak Enemy Mod v1.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hpy4Aa87g3aTzmaoktmeAcE75XhgvqFd/view?usp=sharing

**By default, the Undercloak enemies in Act 3 of XML2 have a power that cloaks them. This power also raises their Defense and that part lasts longer than the cloaking does. This can be frustrating, so I've made 4 different versions of this mod to address that in different ways:
*No Cloak and No Defense Buff: This version completely removes the power entirely, so that they never cloak and never have a Defense buff.
*No Defense Buff: This version only removes the Defense buff, so that the enemy will still cloak but won't have a Defense buff.
*Cloak and Defense Buff End Together: This version still has the cloak and Defense buff, but they both end at the same time. So when the enemy is no longer cloaked, they also no longer have the Defense buff.
*Cloak and Defense Buff End Together Sooner: This is like the previous version except that the cloak power ends after 3 seconds instead of 6 and the enemy can only use it every 6 seconds instead of every 3 seconds.

Credits:
*Ceamonks890: I hadn't considered doing this until I read something he posted about his frustrations with the Undercloak enemies.

December 01, 2023, 11:55PM #23 Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 09:19PM by Enigma
Restored Unique Conversations v2.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DeIorJlt2-bFxytR0yup-LC2OtInqGPa/view?usp=sharing

****This mod restored several unique conversations that were cut from XML2. They all unfortunately had their audio files removed from XML2 before it was released. I've fixed all issues with their files and fixed all punctuation and spelling errors with the subtitles.

***It contains the following:

Act 1:
*Rogue and Magneto:
-This restores a cut unique conversation between Rogue and Magneto in the Sanctuary hub during act 1.
-This conversation is available during act 1 as soon as Magneto's NPC appears in the Sanctuary hub.
-It triggers if Rogue is in your party when you talk to Magneto.

*Bishop and Grizzly:
-This restores a cut unique conversation between Bishop and Grizzly right before Grizzly's boss battle during act 1.
-It triggers if Cyclops is in your party when you meet Grizzly for the boss battle.
-This conversation provides additional character development and motivation for Grizzly, as well as providing an additional reason for why he left the X-Men.
-This conversation has an unused 5th dialogue option. Since XML2 has a limit of 4 per conversation, it was removed from the default version of this. I've removed one of the options, "Why are you with Apocalypse," because he already tells Bishop why this at the start of the conversation. I've restored the cut one, "Why are you in the Dead Zone" in it's place. It's voiced.

*Juggernaut and Blob:
-This restores a cut unique conversation between Juggernaut and Blob during act 1.
-It triggers if Juggernaut is in your party when you meet Blob for the first time in the Genosha Seawall during act 1.

*Colossus and Blob:
-This restores a cut unique conversation between Colossus and Blob during act 1.
-It triggers if Colossus is in your party after you save Blob and attempt to leave the Genosha Seawall map to go to the next map during act 1.

*Scarlet Witch and Varese (the Genosha blimp captain)
-This restores a cut unique conversation between Scarlet Witch and Varese in Genosha during act 1.
-It triggers if Scarlet Witch is in your party when you first meet Varese.

*Cyclops and Abyss:
-This restores a cut unique conversation between Cyclops and Abyss right before Abyss's boss battle during act 1.
-It triggers if Cyclops is in your party when you enter the room Abyss is in.

Act 3:
*Juggernaut and Holocaust:
-This restores a cut conversation between Juggernaut and Holocaust before Holocaust's boss battle during act 3.
-It triggers if Juggernaut is in your party when Holocaust shows up during the boss battle.

Act 5:
*Magneto and Apocalypse:
-This restores a cut unique conversation between Magneto and Apocalypse before Apocalypse's boss battle at the end of the game.
-It triggers if Magneto is in your party when you enter the room Apocalypse is in.
-This conversation also confirms that either Raven didn't intend for Polaris to be Magneto's daughter in XML2 or that he didn't know she was.
-It also gives him some great character development and ties in with what Scarlet Witch says about her and Quicksilver trying to be positive influences on him.

Changelog:
Spoiler

*v2.1:
-Fixed a small issue with the Bishop and Grizzly script.
*v2.0:
-Restored cut Bishop and Grizzly unique conversation.
-Replaced a Grizzly dialogue option, "Why are you with Apocalypse" with an unused voiced one, "Why are you in the Dead Zone?" The removed one is redundant because he tells Bishop why at the start of the conversation.
-Restored cut Colossus and Blob unique conversation.
-Restored cut Juggernaut and Blob unique conversation.
-Restored cut Scarlet Witch and Varese (the Genosha blimp captain) unique conversation.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
*Read these before seeking troubleshooting help:
-I don't know if there's a limit on unique conversations in XML2 or what it is if there is. If something doesn't work, that might be why.
-The map genosha5, Genosha Seawall, is where both the Blob conversations and the Scarlet Witch conversation take place. This map appears to only be able to handle 1 more unique conversation. The files from these 3 unique conversations are not compatible with each other. Don't install all 3 of those together! You can only install 1 of these at a time!

March 10, 2024, 10:02AM #26 Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:09AM by Enigma
Team Bonuses Overhaul v1.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M05GABZpmO5qURbW5Zj5A5Rnxuolp_FT/view?usp=sharing

**tubularspaceman and I have modified and expanded the Team Bonuses. Each one now affects a maximum of 6 characters (except House of M) and some bonuses now include modded characters. Some characters have also been swapped out for others. Some bonuses have been replaced with new ones, and 1 new one has been added.
*The last 3, which are all based upon what skin you're using, only kick in if no other bonuses are active in cases where they overlap with other bonuses.
*A list of everything is included below:

-West Coast Avengers: Hawkeye, Iron Man, Moon Knight, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Woman, War Machine

-Women of Marvel: Dazzler, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Lady Deathstrike, Mystique, Psylocke

-Brotherhood of Evil: Blob, Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Sabretooth, Toad

-Midnight Sons: Blade, Dr Strange, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Magik, Wolverine

-Four Horsemen: Angel, Gambit, Hulk, Polaris, Sunfire, Wolverine

-House of M: Havok, Magneto, Polaris, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch

-Original X-Men: Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey, Professor X

-Summers Family: Cable, Cyclops, Havok, Jean, Polaris, X-Man

-Giant-Sized X-Men: Banshee, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Sunfire, Wolverine

-Fantastic Four: Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic, She-Hulk, Silver Surfer, The Thing

-Defenders: Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Silver Surfer

-Unity Squad: Captain America, Deadpool, Havok, Psylocke, Quicksilver, Rogue

-Avengers: Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Thor

-Spider-Friends: Human Torch, Iceman, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Sunfire

-Age of Apocalyse: anyone with a skin in the AOA slot

-Secret Wars: anyone with a skin in the 70s slot

-Silver Age: anyone with a skin in the 60s slot