HeroSelect V1.6 RELEASED (international language support)

Started by Norrin Radd, July 08, 2007, 12:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just tried downloading and installing the latest version of this, but I'm following along the install directions and I get to:

After you have these items, do the following:
• Paste the files (make sure to backup what you will be overwriting) from the \menus directory located inside the directory where you unzipped HeroSelect to \Activision\Marvel – Ultimate Alliance\ui\menus\ (or similar for your machine).

But there is not any menus directory inside v1.6.  Do I have to use this in conjunction with all previous versions?  If so, is there a new download site for v1.2 and v1 which won't download.

September 22, 2008, 12:11PM #211 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:26PM by Norrin Radd
I didn't include the menu files in version 1.6 because i assume that people have the "Official Character mod" which includes those files (I should change this in the pdf)

If you don't have the newest version of the Official characters mod you can get these menu files in V1.4 http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=732.msg13466#msg13466

sorry about that

what excatly does this all mean i no squat about this stuff
I AM WARMACHINE GOODBYE IRON MAN.HA!HA!HA!

was there ever a heroselect created for the X-men legends 2 game?

I posted this in another forum.  Not trying to be a pest but I am still not sure what I am doing wrong...
I have successfully used heroselect on more than one occasion, but I am unable to play with 27 characters.  Spots 26 and 96 never show up for me.

If anyone has a quick solution for me please let me know.  Thanks for your help.

Quote from: Scotimus on October 17, 2008, 12:53PM
was there ever a heroselect created for the X-men legends 2 game?

Yes, http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1010.msg17840#msg17840

Quote from: jlpx2 on October 17, 2008, 07:25PM
I posted this in another forum.  Not trying to be a pest but I am still not sure what I am doing wrong...
I have successfully used heroselect on more than one occasion, but I am unable to play with 27 characters.  Spots 26 and 96 never show up for me.

If anyone has a quick solution for me please let me know.  Thanks for your help.

Did you install the Official Character mod? It should have the necessary menu files in it to open those slots (an older version of HeroSelect also has those menu files).

I installed the OFFICIAL CHARACTERS - BETA V3 that I found in the Character Mod Catalog thread.  Was this the correct mod to install?  Are there menu files from my game back up that I need to copy over?

Also, I used heroselect today to try a few new characters and some of the characters powers have been removed.  Many of the characters who can fly no longer can.  Some no longer have might.  I noticed Storm has "Healing Factor" listed as one of her powers.  Also, some of the skins that were previously unlocked are locked.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Perhaps I do not have the program installed and running correctly like I thought.

Yes it is correct.

Did you start a new game? Perhaps that is why the characters' full powers are not functioning properly.

I did start a new game using saved stats, but I have done that previously and had no problems with characters losing powers.  Strange...I will probably pick the team again using heroselect and see if the powers return.

Ok I will use default stats from now on.  Thanks for solving that problem.  Any further insight on what I need to do to be able to use 27 characters as opposed to 25?

Did you install the Official Character mod? It should have the necessary menu files in it to open those slots (an older version of HeroSelect also has those menu files).
[/quote]

Just wanted to pass along my thanks.  I was able to get the final 2 character slots open.  I must not have copied the menu files correctly when I originally installed everything.  I copied them again and I can now play with 27 characters.  Thanks again for everyone's help and time in putting these together.

Norrin, i think i have an idea about New HeroSelect, the new HeroSelect will have 5 different Slots on team_back.cfg each 2 left can be useful(95, 96, 26, 91 or 92). I'll show the pics later.

I don't think most players are picky about which spots are open

November 08, 2008, 06:06PM #224 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:33PM by Power Cosmic
You means liked this one:
Examples