sbarth13 mod releases (9-13-14; quasar, gamora, magik)

Started by sbarth13, May 28, 2012, 09:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Oddark123 on April 10, 2013, 10:45AM
I was waiting to finish a game before the new stuff but i decided to skip it lol

Anyway i installed Sentry and had him working fine. I played the first level and no crashes. I don't know if this info is important but i had the older one installed before and i use XMLBCUI to compile new herostats instead of heroselect.

I followed what you did and it worked! :D lucky I still have the other sentry in my folder  :chuckle:

Thank you so much for this :)

Sentry is awesome D:

His files do use a different file name from the earlier one, so i don't think that was a requirement, but i think it does mean the problem is something with Heroselect. I never used it because my laptop doesn't ever seem to want to make it work. But i'm glad the other way worked for you.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

I used XMLBCUI when I first installed sbarth's Sentry mod and there the crash occurred. I don't know if there is a certain connection between the old Sentry and sbarth's but when I followed what you did (using XMLBCUI again), Sentry worked for me :eek:

So if I never installed Sentry before I can go ahead and use heroselect to install him as is?

"Stand Up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on April 11, 2013, 07:05AM
I used XMLBCUI when I first installed sbarth's Sentry mod and there the crash occurred. I don't know if there is a certain connection between the old Sentry and sbarth's but when I followed what you did (using XMLBCUI again), Sentry worked for me :eek:

it does use the same number. that may be the problem some people are having. i will reinstall things on my end and try it again, it just may be a few days. work, school, life, etc.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on April 09, 2013, 11:40AM
Outstanding!! I tried both Crystal and the Firestar booster and they're BRILLIANT!! You really do justice to the comic book characters, besides the mods being a delight to play for.

Firestar seems to be left with one small glitch though: when I go for a normal heavy attack (the 'smash button'), she charges her hands, without delivering a blow. Following this by pressing other attack buttons gives no result, other than that she stops the charging-up. What's supposed to happen? Do you know if this could be easily fixed?

she didn't have this problem for me. could be just a temporary glitch. it seems to happen every once in awhile.

It sounds like your new mod might just be referencing something that might not be in just installing your file. For those of you that have the problem just try to install the first version into MUA, and then do his over top of it. It's worked for two of us perfectly that way. I assume Deedooo might have done it that way too.

I'm not sure why that one disappeared from the catalog, but you can find it in the big backup file base: https://www.box.com/s/0m2qjaofh3/2/25041860
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quoteshe didn't have this problem for me. could be just a temporary glitch. it seems to happen every once in awhile

Hmm nothing temporary I'm afraid, it's still there, and very weird.
Does anybody else have this problem (Firestar's 'smash' attack charging but not releasing a hit), or has anybody experienced this issue elsewhere?

Do you have her on the fourth slot?

The thing about some of the mods that I have learned is that if you want all your characters to function properly and reduce clashing...take three heroes instead of four. Some of the mods clash bad with each other. Why that is, I don't know. Since I have been going on three man teams instead of four ( when i do take multiple heroes), all the moves function on heavily modded characters. well except for nightcrawler, whose extreme still freezes up the screen.

I'm not suggesting this is the answer, but maybe another thing to consider, since this has been a problem in the past from what I have read in older posts.

"Stand Up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

No, thanks for the suggestion, but that's not it. Just tried a three-man team and still nothing.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on April 09, 2013, 11:40AM
Outstanding!! I tried both Crystal and the Firestar booster and they're BRILLIANT!! You really do justice to the comic book characters, besides the mods being a delight to play for.

Firestar seems to be left with one small glitch though: when I go for a normal heavy attack (the 'smash button'), she charges her hands, without delivering a blow. Following this by pressing other attack buttons gives no result, other than that she stops the charging-up. What's supposed to happen? Do you know if this could be easily fixed?

A Firestar booster exists? :eek: I can't see it  :confused:

First page, first post, right under the list of mods. I like it so much that I'd probably use it even if I can't figure out the 'smash attack' thing..! (But I'd obvously prefer to fix that issue first.)

Apologies for not seeing it earlier ><

I have tried the Firestar booster and I seem to have encounter the same glitch hobgoblin is referring to. But worse, she can't pop-up, stun and even trip >.< And I can't seem to access her Xtreme for some reason :eek:

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on April 12, 2013, 04:26AM
Apologies for not seeing it earlier ><

I have tried the Firestar booster and I seem to have encounter the same glitch hobgoblin is referring to. But worse, she can't pop-up, stun and even trip >.< And I can't seem to access her Xtreme for some reason :eek:

i just thought of something that i will check on. i'm pretty sure i changed skeletons from what Blaw had. i will check the packages, just to make sure that his packages aren't referencing a fightstyle or something. i'm pretty sure my version doesn't use a fightstyle and his might. if so, this would probably account for the glitches.

everybody bear with me. i should be able to check things out in detail in a couple days.

edit - new firestar link. includes new packages and a herostat. the reason she is glitchy is because her packages reference a fightstyle, which mine doesn't use. hopefully this won't get me in trouble with him. everything else in it is still his.

alright...hopefully the sentry problem is fixed. i looked through the files, and realized the skin for his cape was missing from the actors file. so i added it. the link takes you to the newest file that includes the cape. let me know if this fixes the issue