Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 for PS4 and Xbox One

Started by Joosteh, June 17, 2016, 03:12PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: mindworm on July 28, 2016, 11:00AM
Hi,how you open the bin files Mualover?

I used QuickBMS and it's script. Provided by aluigi and courtesy of Teancum, here : http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2830

Quote from: superaceman34 on July 28, 2016, 11:07AM
That's awesome news mualover! As soon as they fix the sound and controller issues I'll probably buy it again and try this, if they do fix it.
Quote from: MARVELfan:D on July 28, 2016, 11:18AM
heh MUAlover, I got the cracked too. wanted to buy it and then so many bad reviews I figured I'd regret the purchase.
and regarding the optimistic news, very nice! I can't wait to see what will be done with the mods!

Damn good news, indeed! I was going to purchase it but by the time it got awful reviews I'll stick with the cracked one until it's patched. Sorry, Activision and Marvel! You made me do this >_<

Still, we need programs that could open these file formats to mod the game :
- .igz (in actors, animTranslationReference, effects_igx, maps, materials, models, motionpaths, shaders, textures, ui folder)
- .hkx (in anims, maps, models, and others folder)
- .igx (in chatter and others folder)
- .mua (in data, maps folder)
- .muc (in data/powerstyles folder)
- .boyb, .navb, .shz (in maps folder)
- .bik (in movies folder, honestly maybe we won't mod the movies and cutscenes haha)
- .pkgb (in packages folder)
- .pak (in sounds folder)
- .xmlb?

..cough.. FOR ALL MODDERS ..cough.. I REPEAT THE MESSAGE *the sound echoes through the entire world*

It is confirmed (by me) that MUA2 is playable even the files are extracted outside the .bin files.
But unfortunately, I used the pirated version of the game, since I refunded the game yesterday. :p

The extracted files are 7.34 GB and I'll upload them tonight asap if you guys want it..

SO HAPPY MODDING!
:laola:

And since it's from the same developer, then the first remastered version of MUA is playable with the files extracted too.

Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

So the next question then is, if we can assume that MUA1 works outside the .bin files as well, how are mods affected by whatever changes, however slight, they've made? And more importantly - are there more character slots since they appear to have ported from the console version (which has, you know, 8 extra slots for the Gold Edition characters)?

Quote from: MUALover on July 28, 2016, 11:31AM

- .boyb, .navb, (in maps folder)
- .xmlb?

Supposedly we can still open these with XMLBCUI

Quote from: Inawordyes on July 28, 2016, 11:33AM
So the next question then is, if we can assume that MUA1 works outside the .bin files as well, how are mods affected by whatever changes, however slight, they've made? And more importantly - are there more character slots since they appear to have ported from the console version (which has, you know, 8 extra slots for the Gold Edition characters)?
Agreed. It seems like they're using the 360 build as models from it don't work in the DVD version of the game. That to me says it's a newer build of the engine. And who's to say it only supports 33 characters? It's always possible they planned for additional DLC if it made enough money. Time will tell I guess.

July 28, 2016, 11:51AM #138 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:54AM by DJay Saint
Nice.  I didn't have a chance to unpack the .bin files and try it yet.  I only tried the old MUA1 files and that didn't work.  Work and personal issues have kept me busy so I haven't been able to hit MUA2 as hard as I would have liked.

I'll get to my character mods I intend to do soon enough.  Right now the short list is:

Emma Frost
Spider-Woman
Elektra
Rogue
Blade
Punisher
Ghost Rider
Black Widow
Dazzler
Cyclops
Mystique
Kitty Pride

I still have to do a play through to get a feel of the game and explore a few things.  Then I need to take a look under the hood.  Before I do any of that though, I want to try to fix the shitty controller support so I can even play it.  Hopefully Activision will get that sorted out themselves though.  I'll wait to hear word until the weekend.  If nothing comes up by Monday I'll fix the controller support myself and release it here.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Since I forgot to say it before, my condolences on your loss.

In regards to controller support I remember someone made an image patch that just basically re-labeled all the images correctly so they match the controller.

Quote from: MUALover on July 28, 2016, 11:31AM
I used QuickBMS and it's script. Provided by aluigi and courtesy of Teancum, here : http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2830

Damn good news, indeed! I was going to purchase it but by the time it got awful reviews I'll stick with the cracked one until it's patched. Sorry, Activision and Marvel! You made me do this >_<

- .igz (in actors, animTranslationReference, effects_igx, maps, materials, models, motionpaths, shaders, textures, ui folder)
- .hkx (in anims, maps, models, and others folder)
- .igx (in chatter and others folder)
- .mua (in data, maps folder)
- .muc (in data/powerstyles folder)
- .boyb, .navb, .shz (in maps folder)
- .bik (in movies folder, honestly maybe we won't mod the movies and cutscenes haha)
- .pak (in sounds folder)
- .xmlb?

..cough.. FOR ALL MODDERS ..cough.. I REPEAT THE MESSAGE *the sound echoes through the entire world*

It is confirmed (by me) that MUA2 is playable even the files are extracted outside the .bin files.
But unfortunately, I used the pirated version of the game, since I refunded the game yesterday. :p

The extracted files are 7.34 GB and I'll upload them tonight asap if you guys want it..

SO HAPPY MODDING!
:laola:

And since it's from the same developer, then the first remastered version of MUA is playable with the files extracted too.
Thanks for the so good news MuaLover but looks like remaster does not have any compability with mods for non-remaster MUA1 (tested this out,using OCP pack and my Donna Troy mod) .
P.S
.bik - Bik Video,can be opened via Rad Game Tools
.engb/xmlb/pkgb - compiled text,can be opened with XMLBCUI
.pak - Maybe packed sounds?
.boyb, .navb, .shz - Terrain 2D textures or something like that,i think...
.igx - Paked Voice/Sound Bank?
.igz - 3D Model,like IGB (i think so),but i have no idea how to open it
.muc - Animations?
My releases: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9772.0.html

UPD since 30.11.2021
I'm ok and will be back to modding as soon as i can
I can gurantee what i will back with a lots of new ideas and finish old projects.
Right now i'm not mod and only posting posts thank you if you readed this!

Quote from: DJay Saint on July 28, 2016, 11:51AM
Nice.  I didn't have a chance to unpack the .bin files and try it yet.  I only tried the old MUA1 files and that didn't work.  Work and personal issues have kept me busy so I haven't been able to hit MUA2 as hard as I would have liked.

I'll get to my character mods I intend to do soon enough.  Right now the short list is:

Emma Frost
Spider-Woman
Elektra
Rogue
Blade
Punisher
Ghost Rider
Black Widow
Dazzler
Cyclops
Mystique
Kitty Pride

I still have to do a play through to get a feel of the game and explore a few things.  Then I need to take a look under the hood.  Before I do any of that though, I want to try to fix the shitty controller support so I can even play it.  Hopefully Activision will get that sorted out themselves though.  I'll wait to hear word until the weekend.  If nothing comes up by Monday I'll fix the controller support myself and release it here.
I've messaged you earlier, and still, I am so sorry for your loss.
And that's a good list!

Quote from: Teancum on July 28, 2016, 12:23PM
Since I forgot to say it before, my condolences on your loss.

In regards to controller support I remember someone made an image patch that just basically re-labeled all the images correctly so they match the controller.
I'm still playing the game with the XBOX-360 Controller for PC and no problem's found..

Quote from: Dorpond on July 28, 2016, 12:28PM
Thanks for the so good news MuaLover but looks like remaster does not have any compability with mods for non-remaster MUA1 (tested this out,using OCP pack and my Donna Troy mod) .
P.S
.bik - Bik Video,can be opened via Rad Game Tools
.engb/xmlb/pkgb - compiled text,can be opened with XMLBCUI
.pak - Maybe packed sounds?
.boyb, .navb, .shz - Terrain 2D textures or something like that,i think...
.igx - Paked Voice/Sound Bank?
.igz - 3D Model,like IGB (i think so),but i have no idea how to open it
.muc - Animations?

I think we have to mod it from scratch, since you've already tested with the mods exclusively for the 2006 version of the game.. Right now we need the tools to open those file formats.. And there's a theory regarding the sound bug which I will try to solve it with my game shortly..
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Someone on another site was suggesting using Joy2Key in the meantime, for remapping controller buttons.
If the new version is the 360 version, I thought that the only thing that needed conversion would be the meshes and skins, maybe the effects and sounds, since those couldn't be ported to PC.
I'd try to add a mod using already present skins, like Dr Doom only with his first classic skin, and referencing the original skin number without overwriting the re-release skins.

Awesome news, can't wait to finally play MUA2.  As soon as both are fixed I'm getting them, don't want to give money for broken things.  But I t looks like a fix is coming https://mobile.twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/758715023975866369 hopefully they add the DLC for MUA1 too since its been a major point of criticism for the "remastering"
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I was about to do the exact same thing but you beat me to the punch.Curse You Mualover! Also Thank You Mualover!

Awesome work MUAlover!

I am planning on getting at least Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 when I can, but I agree with Nodoubt and kind of want to wait until they patch it first.

I can't wait to see all the things people create for this game, it has been a long time coming.

I am wondering what limits this game has and if they are similar to MUA1, like the amount of characters you can have in game, the amount of costumes, powers, etc.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

MUA2 NOTES:

So .mua and .muc files are XML and can simply be opened with Notepad or any other basic text editor. I recommend Notepad++. The .igx files are XML as well, but have a small header. I'll look into specifics later.

IGZ files are compressed, updated forms of IGB. It's a binary format that can store textures and models, possibly animations. Research is found at two topics below.
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12632
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13507

ZAM files are simply a set of 2D points of data that create the minimap.
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2836

Python scripts (.py) are still used for scripting

Model swaps work fine. I picked a random model after extracting everything, and renamed it to 1501.igz (Iron Man's first costume). The model showed up with now issues.

Random but fun thing I tried, adding the line to start the game with that hero:

start_game = normal ;

in charinfo.xmlb worked and I started with Cable.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/446239101699196478/7BCE674CE0C9953A3476C2D61F1EC7F6FDE91605/

So the Herostat is no more. Instead look under data/stats/heroes

This port though, just got stuck in the rebinding menu when all the buttons suddenly unbinded and I couldn't move the menu. Had to alt+F4 :/