thx ak2yny and JAYBIRD for the help, any is very appreciated.
All of your work ak2yny will be included, albeit modified for Venom.I think I sufficiently answered how you can use RE files without breaking compatibility.
I'm not sure if you meant to be rude here, but I'd kindly ask to try to avoid any sentence that could sound rude or bossy, I was already annoyed by the exclamation point in your txt. I'm aware you apologized for anything that could sound harsh, still it's annoys me to read things that looks like passive aggressive and bossy to me.
I'm ranting here, but I had to spit it out. I don't want to sound mean here, appreciate your help, I'm just getting increasingly annoyed and losing motivation.
The real issue is the internal name and soundname, you change them, you break conversation for gold characters and others mods making use of them, since most of them use OCP 1.3 naming. Conversation references internal name and sound path. Using RE files is definitely fine. I also highly recommend everyone the use of MO2 for testingFor the help needed:
- Any report, suggestion, discussion, testing (using MO2 is a plus)
- Sounds upgrade for XML1 characters, someone would have to convert to wav the xvoice with foobar2000+vgmsteam to get clean sound, I can do this, but prefer to do others stuff, it's a minor thing, consider it as bonus, old sounds were fine, but could be better.
- Animated flying mannequin or static grounded mannequin
- Human Torch mannequin and effect in team select as a bonus, but for Ghost Rider and Human Torch, I believe it's best to have mannequins without effect, because their effect is persistent in hero detail while in combat mode, it's coded in the exe, as such even, if you remove them, the effect is still present, unless you change their reference in the exe as reported by Scottsum.
- XML characters with melee atk from XML?
- anything else I can't do or thing missed
- hud fix, still need to remove bad upscaled.
- A new phoenix internal name more appropriate, I like your suggestion of phoenix_hero, renaming powerstyle etc maybe for consistency
- Pyro loadscreen quality upgrade from Baconwizard
- Proper 5th and 6th skin with official content or just leave placeholder?About Venom
Kept OCP 1.3 name for the venom tongue and venom anim, edited the package to refers to them properly, this was done again to avoid incompatibility, it was either changing the package name or changing the rest including boltonanim.xml, but since most of mod used the OCP 1.3 boltonanim.xml, I preferered to not change it. I considered adding a line with the RE tongue anim name, but preferred not in case there is a limit with entries in boltonanim.xml. Another reason is that 17610 will take the skin number of any characters mod using skin numbers from 17607 to 17612.About cleaning files
I've asked on Discord about removing the fightstyle characters files, Outsider answered that some characters mods use those file sadly, removing them will cause incompatibility, missing files problem. I'm sad about this, but I fear OCP 1.3 files, like effect path, even if not used must be kept. We have to assume sadly that many mods uses OCP unused files.
, still not definitive answer, but worth checking.As for thing I plan to do for now
To do list lol, testing, centralizing all reports.
- A new Psylocke, either a straight conversion of XML1 or WII, atm I lean more towards XML1, just because I can't figure out how to make her katana power work. The conversion of Lars is consided, it's an hybrid of Wii and XML. I gotta say one thing about Wii animations, I hate them, no offense to game dev, but they feel lesser quality than XML and MUA, they does not feel smooth (looking at you Green Goblin). I know many like Psylocke triple jump, but it feels wacky to me, melee attack are jittery.
- Mrk direct backport of Gold model, minus Magneto, need to rig the cape of the 80"s model, hopefully nikita can extract it.Side Note
I thing anything done via skinnerui with keep the same color numbers from the modified .igb, while exporting with 3DS max will allow more color number and thus better quality.