COHOLLOW'S X-MEN LEGENDS 2 CATALOG

Started by Cohollow, June 11, 2019, 07:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

:iceman:    Omega Iceman Update    :iceman:

Iceman has finally received a much needed update that incorporates all my current character building structures and balances. It also adds a whole bunch of new powers and additional features! Also note that one of the original powers I had built for Iceman did not make the cut. Razor Hail was too over powered and my attempts to repurpose it for his Xtreme didn't work out as I had hoped. His release post has been updated with the all new Iceman booster and relevant details so go ahead and give it a download!

- New skins, power icons, conversation portraits and additional unique assets by the talented BaconWizard
- New Ice Smash power that has increased knock back and critical hit chance
- Rebuilt the armor buff to feature a new Ice Armor skin, defensive buffs and enemy debuffs
- Fixed Cold Snap Xtreme bug, now does the intended damage and freeze and slow debuffs
- A new 5th passive and all passives now only cost 12 skill points
- Fixed bugs with both his melee boosting passive and boost to now add the intended amount of damage stated in the description
- Plenty of new and improved visual effects including an icy aura around Iceman much like the one seen in MUA1
- A whole bunch of power rebalancing
- plenty of improvements to power execution such as timing, and player control
- Improved code and file management
- A whole bunch of other things that would get boring to read about XD

Iceman Update: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10604.msg195175.html#msg195175

:marrow:   From The Sewers   :marrow:

So I finally started work on Marrow. This is going to be a tough one as I plan to stick to only using Marrows original animation set with the assistance of some of the shared animations that all characters have access to. I don't think I've ever built a mod with so little to work with before. Will I actually get this one to a point where I'm comfortable releasing it? No idea, but that's just part of the fun isn't it? Anyway, here's a look at the very first draft of her first 3 powers. Hope you like it!

Quote from: Cohollow on January 25, 2021, 07:12AM
:iceman:    Omega Iceman Update    :iceman:

Iceman has finally received a much needed update that incorporates all my current character building structures and balances. It also adds a whole bunch of new powers and additional features! Also note that one of the original powers I had built for Iceman did not make the cut. Razor Hail was too over powered and my attempts to repurpose it for his Xtreme didn't work out as I had hoped. His release post has been updated with the all new Iceman booster and relevant details so go ahead and give it a download!

- New skins, power icons, conversation portraits and additional unique assets by the talented BaconWizard
- New Ice Smash power that has increased knock back and critical hit chance
- Rebuilt the armor buff to feature a new Ice Armor skin, defensive buffs and enemy debuffs
- Fixed Cold Snap Xtreme bug, now does the intended damage and freeze and slow debuffs
- A new 5th passive and all passives now only cost 12 skill points
- Fixed bugs with both his melee boosting passive and boost to now add the intended amount of damage stated in the description
- Plenty of new and improved visual effects including an icy aura around Iceman much like the one seen in MUA1
- A whole bunch of power rebalancing
- plenty of improvements to power execution such as timing, and player control
- Improved code and file management
- A whole bunch of other things that would get boring to read about XD

Iceman Update: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10604.msg195175.html#msg195175

Hell yeah! My boy Cohollow is back! Great to have you back my man! It's good that you took some time off for yourself, i'm glad that you did, and i'm glad that you're back. Also, SUPERB Iceman work as always. Cheers!

March 14, 2021, 06:00AM #229 Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 11:51AM by Cohollow
:colossus:   SHOULD DAMAGE SCALE WITH STRIKING?   :wolverine:

For a long while now I've considered removing the damage scaling of brawler powers and would very much like to hear what others feel about this. The damage scaling causes brawlers to do ludicrous damage as the striking stat increases and thats before accounting for all the melee damage boosts that come from various buffs and equipment. This has made it impossible to properly balance these characters without just adding a substantial damage nerf, and thats a pretty lazy way to go about it, and not much fun for the player. If I remove the scaling of these powers, I can add the damage values that are best suited for each power. This will result in much greater balance across the board and remove some of the headache when allocating stat points during play. I will also add energy regeneration to these characters via Mutant Master or other, more specialized passives to make up for this decrease in damage output. Other things Im considering include ways to further increase the effectiveness of basic melee attacks to make a striker build more viable as well as a few other things to make you're melee combatants better fit their respective role. I may release two versions of all strikers so that players can pick which way they prefer if the poll turns out to be very close, so feel free to vote twice. Keep in mind, this would increase the time it takes for each brawler mod, but since I tend to sit on unfinished projects anyways, it might not be that big a deal. I would also like to hear what other people think about this so please let me know your thoughts by sending me a message or replying to this thread! 

I would say that removing the scaling would work well based on what you said, as it sounds like a solid way to give the game some much needed balancing.

It seems like from your description, you have a really solid plan for how to handle the lack of scaling. I like that plan. If the vote comes close though, I think either feature is good. It might be a bit too much of a hassle for you to have to do 2 different versions of those characters

:beast: About Personal Messages :beast:

I am happy to get PM's with feedback and questions about my projects, and other things going on within marvelmods. I would like to address a small matter that makes it rather difficult to respond tho. I've been unable to respond to a number of messages I've received as their inbox was full. This is likely due to them not having their account fully activated as this limits the messages they can receive. Be sure to check out the welcome section and say hi in the Say Hello! thread to have your account fully activated so that your inbox along with other features are not off limits to you in the future. Be sure to send me a new message once you've done this so I can properly respond. Remember this feature is what helps defend against bots and spam! Thanks for all your interest and feedback, and know that I'm not ignoring your messages!

While i have been rather absent, i would very much like to keep up with the folks playing XML2 and using my mods, so do me a favor and make it so i can do so. Happy modding!  :beast:

:beast: The Beast Stirs :beast:

Long story short, I've started playing around with mods again. I've made a short video that better details where I'm at and what my plans are moving forward. Please give it a look-see and let me know your thoughts on this! The video discusses things like why i couldn't release mod for a bit, the patch, possible live streams, projects I might do and yadda yadda. Happy modding!  :beast:

XML2 The return of Cohollow? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG3NeZkk9IE&ab_channel=Cohollow

:beast:  The Turncoat  :beast:

GOOD news! I am officially modding again. The not so good news for some is that I'm modding for MUA1. I don't know when I'll ever release the next XML2 mod as I've along road ahead of me in MUA1. If any of you are curious, you will find my mods here when they begin to release. Happy modding!