Author Topic: Lags's Gamecube Stuff (9/22/2019): New Hero Update - Acolyte Warrior  (Read 14764 times)

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 5
  • Loves the Generic faceless Soldiers
Hello and welcome to my thread. Just sharing some of my works I've done for both X-Men Legends and Rise of the Apocalypse on the gamecube version and allowing gamecube players to also have fun with mods. Since I only own a GCN copy for both games, it's better for me to keep most of my works in one thread so I won't have to worry about having other ones go floating off somewhere. :)

---------------------------------------------------

*Reserved Space in case for future stuff*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heroes: - (Official mods by me)

Acolyte Warrior:
- Hero Information (Updated: 10-05-2019)

Imperial Rebel:
- Hero Information (Updated: 10-05-2019)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Converted Heroes: - (Mods converted for GCN usage. Originally made by other members)

Avalanche:
- Hero Information

Blob:
- Hero Information

Maps (with Custom Enemies):

Infinite Factory:
- Area Information (Coming Soon!)

Perimeter: (Radar Array Platforms)
- Area Information (Coming Soon!)

« Last Edit: Today at 09:36 am by Lags »

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
Re: Lags's Gamecube Stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 10:26pm »
Game Modifications:

Download --> <-- Download

Experience a 4-player adventure at all times in the very first installment of the series!

Change log:
10/03/2019
- In some missions during the middle of the game, Professor Xavier can be selected as a playable party member and is not a restricted character. Added scripts to majority of the levels to ensure he's restricted till the Asteroid M mission.
If he still appears playable regardless if the mission has him set as a restricted hero, then it could just be a hard-coded thing.
9/13/2019
- Fixed an issue with Jubilee's conversation portrait being a GRSO Soldier's when you talk to her in the X-Mansion after the USS Arbiter mission. This issue was due to me testing a custom character mod at the time and I replaced all that consist of Jubilee with a GRSO enemy. It should be fixed now.

All characters unlocked from the very beginning (including Professor Xavier!)
- Unlockable Heroes are usable on all X-Men missions despite being restricted on them! (Not counting side-stories.)
- Professor Xavier will be a restricted character until the very final mission taking place in Asteroid M due to his insane high level at early game. He will still be playable during the first Astral Plane visit considering it is part of the original story.
- Even Alison is already under the codename: Magma and joined the X-Men despite not even understanding her powers yet!

Updated Xtraction Points.
- Every act around the mansion, you'll now have access to give your heroes early preparations before you move on to the next mission, as well as changing your character on who you wish to explore the mansion with.
- Player 1 will be Alison locked due to having the game's story revolving around her. While the remaining three will spawn as an NPC or a random selected X-Man (in later chapters).

Special Non-Playable Characters will act as playables
- NPCs will serve as substitutes for additional players to gain control of for side missions.
- Selected NPCs are chosen based on the hero team's levels to balance things out for that mission.
- These playable characters will not permanently join the hero's party at any means. Meaning they are only playable in the specific mission they take part in.
- Each NPC added, has an .xml file in the characters folder. They are needed to allow these heroes to continue to use their talents even when entering into a new zone.

Playable NPC Information: NPCs with a * next to their name can optionally be swapped out at an Xtraction point.

Mansion Exploration
Acolyte Adept Elite* (later chapters)
Nuclear Lab Tech*  (later chapters)
GRSO Black Guard* (later chapters)

New York City (Wolverine)
Anti-Mutant Troop
Brotherhood Insurgent

Magma Test 1
Brotherhood Revolutionary
Brotherhood Marauder
Brotherhood Anarchist   

Magma Test 2 (NYC)
Brotherhood Marauder
Brotherhood Anarchist   

Weapon X (Flashback)
Weapon X Security
Weapon X Guard
Weapon X Officer

Astral Planes
Astral Fiend*
Astral Shade* (Appears after Xavier leaves party)

Weapon X (Present)
Havok
GRSO Skirmisher*

Video playlist of all the side missions

Notes:
- All heroes share the same spawn point in side missions so they will all fall on top of each other and then spread out.
- In all of what were originally Alison's solo missions, her script has been set to MUSTLIVEHERO, to give it the same feel as if she's attending her missions alone. If she falls in battle regardless how many active party members are alive, the mission is still an instant fail. The same thing is applied to Wolverine in his Weapon X Flashback story.
- NPCs that have fallen in battle will automatically be revived with full health when the player enters into a new zone or the Change Team menu at an Xtraction point. Possibly has something to do with them being read through the NPCstat instead of the Herostat. Still works out pretty well in the end.

Known Issuses:
- On missions that originally didn't allow an all hero party, when entering into a new zone, players will be reassigned as a different hero in the active party as well as some controllers being shown unregistered. The game will still believe all 4 controllers are registered, but they will not be assigned to a specific hero to play as. Removing all players from the game and reassigning them will fix this issue. This will only apply to all the missions that originally doesn't involve the entire X-Men
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EDIT AN NPC'S STATS OR EQUIP THEM WITH GEAR IN THE TEAM MENU! IT WILL CAUSE THE GAME TO CRASH.

If there are anything that leads to game crashing, please let me know and I will do my best to fix the issue.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:57am by Lags »

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 10:27pm »
Download --> <-- Download

Change log:
9/13/2019
- Added Colossus's Default Skin from X-Men Legends 1. Very similar to his default one in X-Men Legends 2, but he doesn't have the sleeves and larger boots

8/26/2019
- Pyro has new Head model and HUD for Fire Demon skin. See costume preview below.
- Pyro now also has proper Danger Room Icon in Sparring and Skirmish mode.
- Sabretooth added as a secret character. (Credits to jayglass for providing me the Sabretooth files as well as his official skin set.)
- Pyro and Sabretooth now have a character select portrait. Sabretooth's exists within the game's files, but will not be shown due to character select limitations. (Credits to jayglass for providing the portrait files.)
- Restore Health & Revive Function added. See notes for revived ally issues.

Information
Not much game changing about this one. It's just a little update I decided to put together by adding in some forgotten things that I believed how it should have been in the original gamecube version, as well as a few updated features.

What's Changed

Unlockable Characters
- All secret characters can now be unlocked in the first playthrough. Although, it's only Deadpool that's required to beat the game, and start a New Game+ in order to use him. While Ironman and Professor X, you can already unlock them if time is spent on the first playthrough for them.
- Deadpool will automatically join your team at the point when Xavier contacts you before you're about to enter Apocalypse's Tower through the New York Sewers. Extra dialog is added after his conversation about Deadpool and it activates a script which unlocks him at that point. Fitting because this takes place a little after you defeat Deadpool in battle when he's under Sinister's control.

Danger Room NPCs
- Blob, Emma Frost, and Mystique now appear as playables you can use in the Danger Room, and they have a few updated shared talents added to them. Due to their appearances only being brief (not counting Mystique) in the game's story, this was a great way to add them back so you know where to find them. Just simply start a new game, and they will be accessible the moment the Danger Room becomes available.
- Havok now has the fightstyle_hero talent applied to him so he no longer does the unused talent animation when defending him in the danger room simulator.

New Added/Revival Costumes:
Some costumes from X-Men Legends 1 that didn't make the cut for Rise of Apocalypse are now brought back to be used over new skin slots for some of your favorite heroes, as well as the inclusion of a few additional ones from that game. Some skins may use updated HUDs from this game, a few may use old HUDs from the prequel.

Cyclops:
Preview - Chaos Lord (Astral Doppelganger) (New additional)

Colossus:
Preview - Default (Revived costume)

Iceman:

Jean Grey:
Preview - Sun Goddess (Astral Doppelganger) (New additional)

Nightcrawler:

Professor X:
Preview - Astral Gladiator (New additional)

Storm:

Wolverine:
Preview - 70's skin (Revived costume)
Preview - Ultimate Predator (Astral Dopppelganger) (New additional)
   * Skin was already reused in XML2 with updated textures. It makes a brief cameo when Holocaust absorbs the life force of his minions. The minion becomes Ultimate Predator for a short time before decaying. He uses Wolverine's Weapon X HUDs.

Shared Talents: Grabbing Enemies & Blocking
Only specific heroes in this game were giving the ability to block and grab. If not, had one and not the other. Now all heroes in the game have both these talents included in their data, meaning every hero can now grab enemies as well as use the block skill. I was inspired by how blocking was used in Marvel's Ultimate Alliance that all heroes had it as a passive ability, so I decided to give it to all heroes to use it for defensive purposes. The effect of the block skill remains unchanged so it still consumes EP instead of HP.
Regardless of it meant to be learned at Level 7, all heroes will start off with this ability at level 1 upon starting a new game, and must be manually equipped through talents.

HP Restore & Revive Feature - Added as of 8/26/2019

A new function was added to all Act's base camp, allowing the player to revive fallen active party members. Quite similar to having to wait till all allies recover before resurrecting them in Ultimate Alliance. The feature as of now can be used at any time. There is no charge of tech bits needed to pay and it can be accessed through the game's shopkeeper. Beast will take charge in Act 1 until he is captured, and his position will be handed over to Forge for the rest of the game.

Issues:
- When fallen party members are revived, they will have collision issues and with other revived party members. They will also have the God Mode side effect as if they fell off the boundaries, regrouped, and won't align with the floor. This, however, can be fixed by simply leaving the base camp or entering the change team menu.
   * Just found out it's sometimes that this issue will occur. Nonetheless, it can still be fixed with the following solutions. - 9/2/19.
- If party members are revived and one uses the Play As Sabretooth simulator to bring him over to campaign, the party members that were supposed to be revived will remain dead.

PC Exclusive Heroes added to the Gamecube port:

Pyro:

Hero Information:
Pyro is an unused character in the Gamecube version. His data can be found in the Herostat. It looks like he was already planned to be a cloned of Sunfire before the PC, but with time restrictions, he was unfinished and his official slot was then placed on the PC port. The game does include an additional slot for him if his script is changed to being playable, making the total amount of heroes available to 19 in the GCN version. He has no portrait, no menu sounds, uses Sunfire's menu animation and talent data, and lacks a head model in the overworld. His NPC version is similar in this case, however, he has his sounds meant to be played in the Team Management menu. If one attempted to switch his files around between his playable version and his NPC version, he will crash in certain areas such as like in the Savage Land's base camp. Despite this, his hero version is fully playable, he has his own voice clips and talent usage, and does not crash the game in any way.

Updated Information:
- Pyro no longer has Sunfire's menu animation but his own unique one which is taken directly from his PC file.
- He still uses Sunfire's talent icons (kept it that way due to image resolution restrictions between different ports).
- Pyro now has a head model for the overworld map. (Imported from X-Men Legends 1)
- Now gains bonus with Brotherhood of Evil and Forces of Nature * teams.
- Now has a Character Select Portrait
- Talent names are changed from Sunfire's to his version of his talents.

Additional Skins included:
   * Dark Pyro (Age of Apocalypse Boost) - Preview Skin
      - Already in the PC Port, but his GCN version is unfinished, leaving him with only 1 skin available to start off with. Also set his dark skin for AoA to gain additional bonuses with the rest of team.
   * Fire Demon - Preview Skin - Updated 8/26/2019

How to Unlock:
Although he is already unlocked in the beginning for the PC version, I wanted to make this feel more realistic as if it was proceeding with the game's story. To unlock without using cheats: Talk to Pyro in the Savage Land's base camp on the conversation about his chances being let back into the Brotherhood. A script will be activated allowing Pyro to become a permanent party member. Fitting due to his role in Act 1 as he's rescued in Genosha, becomes temporarily party member, leaves the group because he doesn't want to fight Abyss, and later appears as an NPC to talk to.

Sabretooth:

Hero Information:
Sabretooth in this mod pack, is what I would call, a glitch character. Because I really wanted to add him to match the PC version's character roster as well as increasing a selection of characters, some methods had to be performed to get him into the game. Sabretooth can be accessed and brought to campaign via Danger Room method, making the total number heroes available to 20. The very first Danger Room simulator in Freshman grade will be replaced with the Play as Sabretooth mission. From there, you'll load a simulator in a SVS Arena (which serves no purpose in the GCN) and will be brought with a message you must follow carefully to get him into campaign. He lacks a roster name call (tested) and sounds for his talents. Other than that, he seems fully compatible, has full a voice set in the overworld, and doesn't crash the game in anyway. Due to character selection limitations, his character slot will not appear in the roster so this is the only way to access him. He will always take the first Active Hero slot.
Now you can gain control as this Wolverine clone in your GCN game!

Updated Information:
- Sabretooth uses all of Wolverine's talent icons, however, the talent names are his own version. (Either they were already officially renamed or jayglass renamed them from Wolverine's talents)
- Besides Age of Apocalypse, he now gains bonus with Brotherhood of Evil, Bruiser Brigade, and Dark Past teams.
- Sabretooth now has effects for his talents which was copy and pasted from Wolverine's and renamed into his.

Additional Skins included:
   * His original default skinset. - Files provided to me by Jayglass.
   * Default (A lighter toned skin of his polished version in XML2) (Revived skin from X-Men Legends 1) - Preview skin

How to Unlock:
Although he can only be usable as a glitch character, a script was added so he automatically unlocks when starting a new game, making it so he's allowed to be used in Sparring and Skirmish Mode in menu's Danger Room mode.

If there are any issues you encountered or any missing files, let me know and I'll update it as soon as possible.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 10:16am by Lags »

Online jayglass

• Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 52
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:41am »
The pal version has sabretooth playable

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes: 79
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 09:35am »
Very cool! Hoping to trade some files and ideas back and forth with you in the future so we can add new costumes to GameCube and your features to the Xbox.

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 10:42am »
The pal version has sabretooth playable

Really? If it's possible for you to send me his data for them, it would be much appreciated. I would love to add his files into the US version.

Very cool! Hoping to trade some files and ideas back and forth with you in the future so we can add new costumes to GameCube and your features to the Xbox.

Thanks! My hopes are for someone releasing a compatibility for Gamecube sound replacement, as well as discovering how to increase the herostat limit so it can match with the later ports.

Online jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 11:00am »
orginal mua1 xbox models work on gamecube,not xm1/2 xbox models

Online jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 11:13am »

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 11:31am »
Nice, and thanks!

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 86
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 12:19pm »
Great stuff! Nice to see it all coming together!

Online jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 12:06pm »
Character_heads_pc.fb has pryo portait

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 12:11pm »
Character_heads_pc.fb has pryo portait

Thanks for the files! I finally got the chance to update and added a few new things as well as your Sabretooth files to the XML2 pack. You can see the change log above.

Online jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 04:55pm »
Classic storm from xbox on gamecube

Online jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 02:46pm »
I've got a cable and beast mod fully playABLE

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 07:00pm »
That's nice to hear! Though, I won't be adding them into the pack due to the herostat already being full. Sabretooth and Pyro are already the selected choices due to being mere clones as well as having a full voice set existing in the Gamecube.