Menu

The Marvel Mods Solo Tournament

Started by Cates, August 04, 2010, 06:03AM

Previous topic - Next topic
hmm interisting.if I ever get swarmed by enemies like you did then I would be using psionic slam,mind conntrol, and telepathic illusions

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on August 10, 2010, 09:50PM
hmm interisting.if I ever get swarmed by enemies like you did then I would be using psionic slam,mind conntrol, and telepathic illusions

Yup I do that as well, but when I have my 4 characters team, Playing just with Emma, it's difficult to use her crowd control powers against the minions before Mephisto because it requires a lot of energy, 4 or 5 slams and your energy bar is empty. Also you can't slam the bats and fire giants, and your energy does not regenerate faster.
I always like to keep some energy so I can use the healing boost or the diamond form for my defense in case that my health is too low, that's why I survived until this point my friend ;)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

This tourney has been fun so far.  When I used Human Torch, I could be alot more aggressive, which is my preferred style.  Using Silver Surfer, there was quite a bit of "attack and run" maneuvers, which is slower -- but ended up getting me considerably farther.  Captain Marvel has gotten me  back to the aggressive approach (with just a few runs to escape a deadly situation).  His "invisibility" power is very helpful and it's something I've never used in the past but find it necessary in this solo approach.  Also, that 4-4-6 combo that is often required is easier to accomplish when Captain Marvel is invisible because the victim sometimes doesn't punch back.  I'm currently in Mandarin's palace.

Fox, Captain Marvel, Level 33, Mandarin's Palace

One cool thing about this tournament is that I'm solidifying exactly which characters would form my all-time favorite team of 4.  Some of the ones that I've toyed with and have ruled out are Captain America, Moon Knight, Northstar and Quicksilver, although I still like all of them.  My top three definitely are Human Torch, Silver Surfer, and Captain Marvel.  I haven't tried Angel yet since LegionODoom was using him, but I think he'd round out my top 4.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Speaking of Angel...

Still in Mandarin's Palace, but I got past Gray Gargoyle and Ultimo 2. GG was much easier this time around, because I took the advice someone posted here earlier about hit-and-run tactics with him. I believe I saved right before going to face the 10-Ringed One himself. Haven't had much time to play over the past few days, just a little bit here and there.

I originally picked Angel because of his Blood Transfusion healing power. But as I've gone further and further, the Hummingbird Essence is a much better boost to use on a more consistent basis. Big boost to defense and a nice dodge chance, plus the increased speed really helps you lay into the mobs.

Based on Whiteking's progress in Mephisto's Realm, I'm really dreading that level. Angel doesn't have any good long-distance powers.

his feather move, his 2 slam move, his wing twist move. Sounds good to me :P

Not even gonna make it to Mephisto's Realm...

LegionODoom     Angel     Level 35     Killed by Mandarin

Dude, he's HARD! I did OK at first, doing the dodge roll to avoid the freeze beams. But once he tags you with one, he gets another one or two high-damage licks in and all of a sudden you're down to 1/4 health!

So Angel is now available, and I won't be starting over for the tournament. Playing solo has actually been fun and more challenging than I thought. I'm going to continue with the game using Angel only, just to see if I can get through it. I just don't have enough free time to spend playing the game to conceivable win this thing (which is a lost cause, since Whiteking is KILLING it!!).

Good luck! I'll keep watching this thread to see how it turns out.

Quote from: LegionODoom on August 12, 2010, 05:41AM
Dude, he's HARD! I did OK at first, doing the dodge roll to avoid the freeze beams. But once he tags you with one, he gets another one or two high-damage licks in and all of a sudden you're down to 1/4 health!

Same thing happened there with Silver Surfer.  Captain Marvel made it through partly because he could turn invisible and partly because he didn't have to stand there and charge up to get a decent amount of damage done on Mandarin.  I may try Angel (but hopefully I won't have to!)  Captain Marvel is just starting out in Mephisto's Realm.

Finished the Bifrost Bridge mission and ready to save the Gods.
Everyone's sad because the death of Nightcrawler, yup I saved Jean ^^, I realized that it's easier and (perhaps) more realistic to bring Nightcrawler back sooner than Jean, so I decided to keep her alive lol xD
Emma Frost, level 37, Asgard

PLAYER      CHARACTER      LEVEL      CURRENT AREA
------      ----------      -----      -------------
Whiteking      Emma Frost      37      Asgard
edward         Cable           32      Atlantis
Fox456         Captain Marvel  35      Mephisto's realm
Dihan     Iceman     32      Atlantis
Jeanfan321     Jean Grey       30      Helicarrier
Cates          Ghost Rider     31      Stark Tower     

FALLEN HEROES
PLAYER          CHARACTER      LEVEL      MANNER OF DEATH
------          -------------      -----      ----------------
Fox456          Human Torch      30      Killed following the fight with Radioactive Man/W. Soldier
Cates           Mr. Fantastic    30      Killed by health regenerating Doombot on helicarrier.
Monitor         Vision           30      Bullseye
Dihan           Iceman           30      Bullseye
Gevth           Dr. Doom         30      Bullseye
Gevth           Magneto          30      Dead Dum Dum Dugan
Cates        Hulk        31    Killed by Krang and Byrrah
Cates      Dr. Strange    31    Dead Dum Dum Dugan
Fox456          Human Torch      32      Killed by Krang and Byrrah
Gevth           Dr. Doom         32      Killed by Krang and Byrrah
Gevth           Hawkeye          32      Killed by Krang and Byrrah
mccordlarsen Hope Summers     30      Phased through the floor
tymaca321       Quicksilver      31      Dead Dum Dum Dugan
Gevth           Magneto          31      Killed by Mandarin's minions
Fox456          Silver Surfer    34      Killed by Mandarin
LegionODoom     Angel            35      Killed by Mandarin

Fox, your current level is 35? correct me if I'm wrong.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Each time i see Whiteking posted in this thread, im gonna check to see if he died, but it seems that that white Bi... wont die XD

Quote from: tymaca321 on August 13, 2010, 05:47AM
Each time i see Whiteking posted in this thread, im gonna check to see if he died, but it seems that that white Bi... wont die XD

Hilarious!

Update for me (last one for awhile since I won't be at my home computer to get to play):
Fox, Captain Marvel, Level 43 (I've played 3 missions and hung around quite awhile in Mephisto's Realm with those reincarnating Demon Leapers -- hoping that it helps!), Just got to Valhalla.

My closest call so far was with Krang and Byrrah.  I'm not sure which one it was, but he kept hitting me when I became visible and I couldn't escape.  Luckily a burst of health orbs saved me when I think I couldn't have taken any more hits.

Quote from: tymaca321 on August 13, 2010, 05:47AM

Oh dear, you don't even imagine it, do you? The bitch reign has begun!!!

Full credit to this picture to a guy called Havok83 in the CBR Forums, lol, nice update to the original cover, I love this! ^^

Phoenix Endsong #5

Hey guys, decided to join the tournament on this rainy day. I am playing as moonstone (level 32) and I am at the Atlantis area, about to heal namor.

August 14, 2010, 03:53PM #119 Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 11:24PM by Me
Hey everybody! I'm joining in this. I'm playing as Sabretooth, level 33, and in the Atlantis area.