Marvel Heroes (2013 - 2017)

Started by White Queen, April 08, 2011, 04:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's down for release in Spring so I guess March or April will be the earliest. Closed betas tend to last a while.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Oh well that really isn't to far away from now.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I was looking at the packs and each one of them said you get to play the game a couple days before it is released. Single character pack is 2 days. 4 pack is 5 days. Ultimate Pack is 7 days.

So those packs do have an advantage of buying them.

Quote from: Polygone on January 14, 2013, 10:31AM
I think I have a faint idea fox... xD

Haha, have fun playing :D

LOL!  I think you have figured it out!  :)
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

January 16, 2013, 05:21PM #320 Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:42PM by Me
Here they let these people record some gameplay of Marvel Heroes !

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/marvel-heroes-athene-livestream-preview

Sooooooo today I got an email from them that I should fill out the Beta Survey. I thought I already filled it and I've been waiting for a while to say if I can be in or no. I feel like an idiot xP

Oh, dear.
I'm less and less enthused by this game, though I have not written it off completely.
The fact that Bendis, (whose writing I positively loathe), is responsible for the "story" does not help.
That it's a browser only game will severely limit it in terms of graphics capability.
You can see from the model sheets that it's all low-poly, small textured characters.
They have some of the lighting effects popular 15 years ago, and that's about it.
That it seems to be a fixed camera isometric view means it's horrible to look at, for me. Indistinct tiny figures running around in the middle distance in 2d is what videogames were before the advent of decent graphics cards.
It looks like a game from ten years ago. In fact, it looks worse than games ten years ago, because you could at least zoom in and spin the &^%ing camera ten years ago.
In terms of visual appeal, DCU online and even Champions Online are miles ahead of this. Christ, Freedom Force and MUA both look better than this.
Maybe it plays a whole lot better than it looks, but the gameplay looked like click-click-clickety-click diablo style boredom to me.
I'll reserve full judgement till I play it, but it has not impressed me at all yet.

January 17, 2013, 05:23AM #322 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:34AM by Dihan
I thought that it was the canned Marvel Universe Online that was a browser game, not this. The account summary thing has a section for downloading the game client. I'm pretty sure you can zoom in too. I'm going to save judgement for when the game is out of closed beta.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on January 17, 2013, 05:01AM
Oh, dear.
I'm less and less enthused by this game, though I have not written it off completely.
The fact that Bendis, (whose writing I positively loathe), is responsible for the "story" does not help.
That it's a browser only game will severely limit it in terms of graphics capability.
You can see from the model sheets that it's all low-poly, small textured characters.
They have some of the lighting effects popular 15 years ago, and that's about it.
That it seems to be a fixed camera isometric view means it's horrible to look at, for me. Indistinct tiny figures running around in the middle distance in 2d is what videogames were before the advent of decent graphics cards.
It looks like a game from ten years ago. In fact, it looks worse than games ten years ago, because you could at least zoom in and spin the &^%ing camera ten years ago.
In terms of visual appeal, DCU online and even Champions Online are miles ahead of this. Christ, Freedom Force and MUA both look better than this.
Maybe it plays a whole lot better than it looks, but the gameplay looked like click-click-clickety-click diablo style boredom to me.
I'll reserve full judgement till I play it, but it has not impressed me at all yet.

for a super hero game, its much more immersive to have an open gameplay, like DC does,
but also, i played Freedom Force (its a really good game, and there is a marvel mod too), its gameplay is based n point n click and for me its works very well, like for a teleknetic hero, u must click n the object u want to levitate and then click on enemy that u want to hit.

but a point click game where all characters have same playability, like Super squad, doesnt matter if u are playin hulk or dr Strange, just click on enemy.... this is really boring like u said

i truly hope marvel heroes would be different...

Quote from: razard on January 17, 2013, 10:22AM
for a super hero game, its much more immersive to have an open gameplay, like DC does,
but also, i played Freedom Force (its a really good game, and there is a marvel mod too), its gameplay is based n point n click and for me its works very well, like for a teleknetic hero, u must click n the object u want to levitate and then click on enemy that u want to hit.

but a point click game where all characters have same playability, like Super squad, doesnt matter if u are playin hulk or dr Strange, just click on enemy.... this is really boring like u said

i truly hope marvel heroes would be different...
To be fair to Marvel Heroes, I loved Freedom Force, and that's a mouse-driven game. I even like Diablo.
It's possible that they will win me over if the gameplay is good, I'll have to play it to know.

Quote from: Dihan on January 17, 2013, 05:23AM
I thought that it was the canned Marvel Universe Online that was a browser game, not this. The account summary thing has a section for downloading the game client. I'm pretty sure you can zoom in too. I'm going to save judgement for when the game is out of closed beta.
I could be wrong on  both the browser thing and the zooming camera. I watched maybe 15 minutes of footage of somebody playing the beta and the camera was static for all of it. Now, maybe those people simply did not know how to, or want to zoom in.
I certainly agree that judgement should be withheld till one plays it for a while, I'm just saying that what I've seen to date is not getting me excited...

I managed to nab a beta key from Twitter! :D

January 17, 2013, 05:15PM #327 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:31PM by midnightphoenix123
I heard you can change the colors of your character, anyone else know if that's true?

Dang they just released another key on twitter 1 minute ago and I didnt manage to get it haha, they said multiple people can use the key, so obviously a ton of people are watching those keys.

AHHH! I am jumping for joy, I manged to snag the code they released on facebook :)

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I tried to get the second one they released on twitter. It was just a couple seconds after they tweeted it and I still didn't get it. ~_~ Wow people are really fast on getting codes.

And the same thing just happened to me on Facebook. I saw the post when it was posted "just now" and I still didn't get it. Ehhh I give up. I'm really having no luck with it.

Anyways congrats Dihan!

Glad you are joining us, midnightphoenix!  Game play starts soon.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927