The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on August 20, 2018, 04:45PM
Sweet! And with the aforementioned booster, I can just swap the original Ghost Rider to Danny Ketch & as such, pretend that Johnny & Danny are in the same game together at long last. Combine that with their cousin Jennifer Kale and the entire Blaze family of heroes are now all officially playable :)

Thanks for the quality work as always Outsider. Feel like a kid in a candy store, whenever its revealed that I can now play as a new character in a game I can't get enough of.

No problem -- nearly unlimited free DLC for a classic game is about as good as it gets.

And now that I've given Ghost Rider a different voice and gave his MUA voice to John Blaze, maybe you can switch the lines they say when you leave the menu? In Ghost Rider's new voice file (ghost_v), you'll see three lines that say "ghost_break." Those can be used for the Rider's menu-leave lines, while his original ones can be used for John Blaze. Just an idea I thought about.

Quote from: TheMK on August 18, 2018, 12:39PM
Cool idea for a mod!
Quote from: nickjustint on August 18, 2018, 03:30PM
Awesome idea, great work as always.
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 18, 2018, 04:28PM
Very interesting. I like it!

Thanks, fellas. Since Triton is comparatively bland to his fellow Inhumans, I wanted to give him some kind of edge where he truly stands out. Unfortunately, it's only good for the Atlantis stages, as no other stages are water-based.

So, here is that classic question -- who's next? Well, to those Mortal Kombat fans, I know I said that Nightwolf will be next, and he is as far as MK goes, but I still have to tie up loose ends with some Marvel characters. There's only one loose end left... my Spider-Girl mod is getting another expansion! In the past, Silk became her own mod. Now, Mary Jane will get her own -- however, that is completely dependent on if I can successfully create her Spinneret costume. It may prove difficult, but I'll give it a shot. I guess Invisible Woman would be a good voice for MJ.

After her, I will return to Mortal Kombat, and will probably stay there for awhile so some new kombatants can arrive. Until then, boys and girls -- stay tuned...

Awesome to hear! Excited to see who else you have in mind!

HEX-EDIT TEST

If you're like me, you tend to get frustrated when you go to Murderworld and the Arcade Androids look like white silhouettes or like characters you didn't select. This means that whoever made the skins you downloaded did not hex-edit them properly. (Arcade Androids are supposed to appear as exact replicas of your chosen heroes.) Years ago, I've invented a way to test out skins for hex-editing by using a makeshift "mod" that uses the same method as the Arcade Androids. This is not intended to be a playable character, only a tool for modders. Using this very easy method, if you see the unnamed hero change appearance to match your selected character's skin, then it's all good. I have now decided to share my method will all of you.

FEATURES:
-Will appear as a white silhouette, using the same skin as the Arcade Android.
-Will change appearance in-game to match any heroes chosen before him, as a way of testing out the hex-editing of skins.
-Very easy to use.
-Will have the mannequin of Mistress Death if you have my mod of her installed. Otherwise, will have the default shadow mannequin.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Hex-Edit Test creation & coding

BUGS:
If you play as the unnamed character without changing appearance, it may sometimes randomly fall through the ground and die. Again, he is not meant to be a playable character -- only a tool.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?a4f081a58a7hn8h

All in good time, you will know what it's like to spank your enemies, Mary Jane Watson style! (Yeah, that's actually a thing.)

Yeah, supermodels can whoop a**. Meanwhile, I hope you all are finding the Hex-Edit Test tool to be useful. It's how I make sure my mods are reflected correctly when you visit Murderworld. It also helps when creating shape-shifting mods.

August 27, 2018, 01:43PM #1596 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:48PM by nickjustint
I can't wait honestly, I didn't know I needed Mary Jane with her own mod in this game but now I do!

Everyone, a HUGE UPDATE has been done for my Spider-Girl mod, as Mary Jane Parker has now expanded into her own mod just as Silk did! Now Spider-Girl (primarily Spider-Gwen), Silk, and Mary Jane can all team together! A lot of changes were made, so overwrite everything.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8753.msg179038#msg179038

Fun Fact: My girlfriend has been jokingly on my case about how I've been designing "fashionable" costumes for the ladies lately. She loves the skin I did of Victoria Montesi and she told me she likes the "Fashion Model" skin of Mary Jane -- she said she would wear those dresses. Maybe I should cut down on the "designer" dresses. :laugh:

Also, U.S. Agent and Elsa Bloodstone have been updated, so go get those.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg188518.html#msg188518
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg191545.html#msg191545

Quote from: nickjustint on August 27, 2018, 01:43PM
I can't wait honestly, I didn't know I needed Mary Jane with her own mod in this game but now I do!

Yeah, MJ will be worth it. By the way, Spider-Girl and Mary Jane uses the same voice unfortunately (unaware of this at the time). If you have voice files of Spider-Gwen, could you create it for Spider-Girl? Don't want her and MJ to sound the same.

MJ crashes the game for me..
I've installed the spider-girls mod and the expansion on top of that, weird :s
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on August 31, 2018, 06:58AM
MJ crashes the game for me..
I've installed the spider-girls mod and the expansion on top of that, weird :s

Where does the game crash? Does it crash when you try to select her?
That means that maybe you didn't select which 21705 skin you wanted and placed it in the actors folder before playing the game. It was mentioned in her "Read It" file.

If that wasn't the reason for the crash, let me know in detail what happened.

September 01, 2018, 09:51AM #1601 Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:59PM by Outsider
CRIMSON DYNAMO

And now comes a mod that :stark: Iron Man is not going to like at all -- Valentin Shatalov, the Russian war hero and the sixth man to don the armor of Crimson Dynamo. Since he's already in the game, he was very easy to create and I made his mod in only a few hours. But, I put so much thought into his moves, and it will show when you play as him. Time for some heavy metal -- try him out.

UPDATE: Added Marvel Duel skin, HUD, & alt mannequin, hex-edited skin, added mixed menu animations, updated herostat.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of might, flight, and Invulnerable Armor (cannot be stunned, or knocked down).
-3 hex-edited skins, 3 HUDs, loading screen, icons, 2 mannequins, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #181 (shares with A-Bomb).

MOVESET:
1. Shock Therapy: Charges his fist with electric pulses and punches an enemy down hard. Also increases grab smash.
2. Flying Powerslam: Grabs an enemy, lifts him up high in the air and slams them down with authority.
3. Electric Ray: Fires a beam of electric power. Will stun and electrify multiple enemies. (In-game boss power)
4. Homing Missiles: Launches three heat-seeking missiles that follow enemies and violently explode on impact. (In-game boss power)
5. Delayed Blast: Fires a delayed deadly blast of energy from his armor, causing high impact damage and knockback.
6. (Boost) Speed Upgrade: Accelerates his movement and attack speed by 30%.
7. (Boost) Remont 4: Augments the team's defense rating and resistances for a time.
8. (Xtreme) Fusion-Caster: Uses his chest-mounted weapon and unleashes a powerful blast of energy on all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, Anton Vanko skin & HUD, loading screen, icons, sounds, hex_editing, etc.
Andersonbrazil - Gennady Gavrilov skin & HUD
UltraMegaMagnus - Marvel Duel skin & HUD, mannequins, animation mixing

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ob29483d5uwwa14

Very cool, Outsider!

I know I normally don't go for them but I can't help but find it interesting when a character who was already in the game gets made into a mod. Out of all of those I think Wyatt Wingfoot is my favorite so far, tied with Mysterio, but this is cool, too!

Very nice! Makes me wonder if MODOK or Fin Fang Foom could be made playable too(although I imagine it would be quite difficult or next to impossible to do, as they seem to not have any movement animations judging by their boss fight counterparts and seem to lack proper combat animations like everyone else, for them to functionally work as playable characters).

But as it is, always good to have a new character to play around with :D

Quote from: TheMK on September 01, 2018, 10:09AM
Very cool, Outsider!

I know I normally don't go for them but I can't help but find it interesting when a character who was already in the game gets made into a mod. Out of all of those I think Wyatt Wingfoot is my favorite so far, tied with Mysterio, but this is cool, too!

I have to admit, Wyatt Wingfoot is surprisingly fun to play as. I think certain in-game characters could (and in some cases should) be modded as long as they have decent comic history (hero or villain), is well-known, and has powers or human abilities that I can work with.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on September 01, 2018, 04:58PM
Very nice! Makes me wonder if MODOK or Fin Fang Foom could be made playable too(although I imagine it would be quite difficult or next to impossible to do, as they seem to not have any movement animations judging by their boss fight counterparts and seem to lack proper combat animations like everyone else, for them to functionally work as playable characters).

MODOK is possible as long as some of the default animations (run, walk, etc.) are replaced with flying animations, as he is floating on his chair. Some other default animations (use_button, levelup, etc) are replaced with his idle animation, as his arms are too short to perform those. He also won't be able to pickup any weapons or objects. Fighting animations could be replaced with short power pulses using his idle animation instead. Needless to say, he falls under the "quite difficult" category. Not impossible, but may not be worth the effort.

Fin Fang Foom is impossible due to his huge size. Same for Ymir. The only reason Galactus was playable was because Mellomods did a shorter skin of him. Gigantic characters fall under the "next to impossible" category.