Originating from the cult classic 2000 PC exclusive game, Sanity: Aiken's Artifact, there exists a man known as Nathaniel Cain who was predestined to stop the coming of a 'great darkness' which threatened to take over his world with dangerous psionic abilities if it wasn't stopped.
Set in an alternate future somewhere within the 2040s which still felt very inspired by the 1990s in overall aesthetics, a mysterious otherworldly artifact was discovered somewhere in the middle east in 2028 which would have a profound impact on humanity.
The artifact carefully studied by renowned scientist Doctor Joan Aiken over the course of many years, she eventually managed to create a revolutionary 'Psionic Booster' serum that would finally allow humans of Cain's world to access strange unused portions of their brains.
However, it would quickly be discovered that initial batches of the serum led to nasty side-effects in fully developed human brains, causing them to become irreversibly insane when utilizing their newfound power over time (Aiken changing up her approach as she discovered the more unappealing side-effects of the serum would be significantly reduced and easier to manage when injected into fetuses while babies were still developing).
Cain being among the successful subjects to accept the Psionic enhancements through this method, he would grow up into a man who possessed a short temper but was often very clever and quick on his feet, possessing a strong moral code and sense of justice as he stood up for the weak and the helpless, in spite of frequent overwhelming enemy odds and coming to constant blows with his unstable foster brother, Abel, as the two joined the newly founded Department of National Psionic Control or DNPC to confront the rising threat of Psionic-enhanced criminals.
Becoming the founding member of the Psionic Totem for fire while his brother Abel would be the founding member for the Psionic Totem of electricity, Cain soon became one of the DNPC's best field agents as he thwarted crime after crime, locking up many Psionic criminals behind bars.
Unfortunately, his foster brother Abel would soon turn on the DNPC and went rogue as Cain was forced to bring him into custody (tragically leading to much loss of innocent life as the two brothers fought off one another with their incredible powers).
Guilt-ridden and not wishing to risk such an event from happening again, Cain volunteered to have the experimental DNPC 'Aggression Control Chip' surgically implanted into his brain as a safety measure, triggered to take Cain down nonlethally if he ever harmed someone else that displayed no signs of aggression.
Soon brought back into active service as a DNPC agent a month later, Cain would find himself drawn into a case with all sorts of weird twists and turns during his missions to bring down what were dubbed as 'Psionic terrorists', visiting a trailer park housing the dangerous 'Eye of Ra' group, breaking into the deathtrap building of legendary Psionic illusionist Adrian Starr, investigating the secretive dark manor of Professor Krebspawn and even invading Aiken Pharmaceuticals' main base of operations itself among others, Cain would gradually amass an incredible, varied amount of powerful Psionic abilities over the course of his quest to find answers.
Discovering that the mysterious 'Golgotham' was the one involved in presumably ending the world, Cain used his contacts at the DNPC to assist in learning more about his unknown adversary, encountering connections to Joan Aiken and her 'Children of Tomorrow' as he did what he could to protect its prized member, Bobby and the mysterious sentient artifact which turned out to be a living alien brain in a glass case affectionately nicknamed 'Ted' by Bobby, from harm.
Battling through many strenuous losses and trials over the course of his journey, Cain would ultimately live up to his destiny as he fought back against Golgotham and the invading otherworldly demonic creature known as the 'Sanity Devourer' which inhabited Golgotham's original human body, vanquishing the threat of Golgotham for good before fighting off against his foster brother Abel one last time, using his Psionic Push talent to telekinetically push Abel off to his death into the dam below.
Relishing over a thorough job well done, Cain, Bobby and Ted set off back for DNPC headquarters, the obnoxiously smug and sarcastic Ted pushing his luck way too far as Cain swiftly lost patience, picking up the glass case containing Ted in life-giving liquids from Bobby's backpack before smashing Ted onto the ground and leaving him for dead, as Cain and Bobby drove off into the night.
But this well-earned peace of mind was not to last as mysterious dimensional tears started to pop up across the vast multiverse as a byproduct of a very different Earth's own future events, one of them appearing outside DNPC Headquarters as Cain rushed to see what the situation was about, saving the life of a dangling DNPC agent at the cost of his own safety as he was pulled into the quickly sealed tear by its strong gravitational pull and knew no more, Bobby and Cain's fellow DNPC agents left to ponder what had become of their world's savior...
-6 powers, 3 boosts and an Xtreme
-Ability of Psionic Blessing (50% resistant to fire, radiation, electricity and mental damage as a result of always-on protection talents).
-1 hex-edited skin, HUD, loading screen, icons and voice/sound file using ripped audio of Ice-T's voice from Sanity: Aiken's Artifact
-Uses assigned number #101 (will clash with Thanos, Balder and Mortal Kombat's Chameleon in mannequin).
-A proper custom skin for Agent Cain (Using Luke Cage's primary skin as a placeholder in the meantime). If any skinner is interested in making a more authentic-looking skin for Cain, creative reference screenshots are included in the mod contents.
-A mannequin (preferably after Cain's received a more accurate skin).
Block + Jump (Reveal)- Cain uses the Psionic power of Truth to reveal nearby enemy positions on the map whilst reducing energy cost for entire team.
Block + Action (Clone)- Cain uses the Psionic power of Science to generate an identical clone to assist in combat for a time.
Block + Light Attack (Haste)- Cain uses the Psionic power of Fire to boost overall movement speed for a full minute.
Block + Heavy Attack (Heal)- Cain uses the Psionic power of Sun to heal himself and his teammates.
1. Fireball: Cain channels the Psionic power of Fire, throwing a meteor-styled projectile at enemies as fire damage is dealt to struck targets.
2. Wave of Force: Cain channels the Psionic power of Storm, generating a powerful surge of energy in front of him that deals physical damage to struck threats. Charge attack for max damage!
3. Demonic Rift: Cain channels the Psionic power of Demonology, creating a radial destructive demonic wave from his position and travels across a specific range, dealing special damage.
4. Star Shower: Cain channels the Psionic power of Sun to rain down multiple yellow blasts from the sky, dealing special damage that stacks up on surrounding enemies.
5. Pit of Venom: Cain channels the Psionic power of Death to generate a poisonous dark fluid on nearby enemies, adhering them to the ground while damage is dealt continuously for 30 seconds.
6. Electrical Storm Glyph: Cain channels the Psionic power of Storm, generating a hidden trap glyph on the ground which triggers a painful blast of lightning to any enemy that walks past it, stunning them briefly.
7. (Boost) Invisibility: Cain channels the Psionic power of Illusion, becoming completely invisible to enemies for 60 seconds whilst increasing critical hit attack chances.
8. (Debuff) Psionic Suppression: Cain channels the Psionic power of Science, throwing incredibly potent Psionic grenades which suppress surrounding enemies, preventing them from accessing their special abilities for 20 seconds.
9. (Boost) Shield of Truth: Cain channels the Psionic power of Truth to create a white-colored barrier of purity that protects him from any source of damage for a full minute.
10. (Xtreme) Lightning Strike: Cain channels the Psionic power of Storm to generate a powerful bolt of lightning, dealing heavy electric damage to surrounding enemies.
Ceamonks890- Mod creation & coding, HUD, loading screen, icons etc
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0v0mo89p5hgbiqi/Agent_Cain_%2528Sanity_-_Aiken%2527s_Artifact%2529-_Ceamonks890.7z/file