OpenHeroSelect (Includes support for XML2 and the MUA 36 & 50 Character Mods!)

Started by Tony Stark, June 09, 2019, 03:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That's strange, it sounds like dependencies aren't packaged in. Try the old version if the new version isn't working.

Colorama is a program for Python that Sagap used for his "updates". I had to install it (pip install colorama IIRC) for the Python version of OHS.

Yes but the point of the exe was to package in all dependencies, which means something wasn't pulled in right.

I'm sorry to hear some of you are having issues with the color module.
I could try putting together a new version without that dependency (i.e. without console colors) if you guys want.

In the meantime, I repacked the script into an exe once again. Could you confirm whether you are still having the same issues with this version?

OpenHeroSelect v2: https://ufile.io/8h607na4

To run the script from the command line, you can follow these steps:

1- Open the folder where the files are at (OpenHeroSelect.py / OpenHeroSelect.exe, xmlb-compile.exe. menulocations.cfg and herostat.cfg).
2- Open your preferred command line tool at this location (personally I go for PowerShell with the shortcuts alt+fsa).
3- Run either the OpenHeroSelect.py (if you downloaded the sourcecode and have Python in your system) or the OpenHeroSelect.exe files if you got the packed version. To run something from the command line you have to type in or paste a command and press ENTER. Some example commands are listed below:

Examples:
   python OpenHeroSelect.py
   python OpenHeroSelect.py -h
   python OpenHeroSelect.py -v -l

.OpenHeroSelect.exe
   .OpenHeroSelect.exe -h
   .OpenHeroSelect.exe -v -l

is there any video tutorial for this? im changing the herostat exaclty how the instructions tell me to do it, but there is still no changes. i am using my original herostat.cfg and im deleting the eof and eof commands as well as the ------ between the list and the commands. is there any other steps i am missing? any suggestions is appreciated.

edited: i did get it working with xmlbcui, dont  knowwhy openheroselect is not working, but this is fine i suppose lol

Quote from: Sagap on March 11, 2021, 01:44PM
Could you confirm whether you are still having the same issues with this version?

It's working for me now. Thank you very much.

Quote from: theinfamousnob on March 13, 2021, 05:48PM
Is there any video tutorial for this? I'm changing the herostat exactly how the instructions tell me to do it, but there is still no changes. I am using my original herostat.cfg and im deleting the eof and eof commands as well as the ------ between the list and the commands. Is there any other steps i am missing? any suggestions is appreciated.

I am currently working on a comprehensive guide for modding MUA / using OHS. Until that is ready, what do you mean you are deleting those things? You shouldn't delete the "-------" separator, it is required for OHS to work. To quote from the instructions, "Making a Herostat.cfg" section:  "After the character namelist there needs to be a line with "-----" (without quotes). This line indicates where the namelist section ends and the stat definition section begins." (Instructions)

In any case, I'm happy to hear you managed to get your mods in the end.

OK. I just found out about this community a few days ago. I've got my game modded with the 2.0 official character and 50 roster mods. My game works, I can pick any of 50 characters. Not sure if everyone's character menu is the same but I have Bishop/Professor X on the left, and Magma/Jubilee/Psylocke on the right. but it seems like im supposed to maybe have X-Man and Cable? I see their names in the code.

Anyway, I downloaded open hero select and a few characters. I'm not quite getting the herostat.cfg editing. I have the menulocation.cfg set to 50, i have the default template herostat.cfg. but it only shows 36 characters or so. it's missing all of the xmen legends characters in the list and hero stats.

I get that I need to copy/paste Antman (for example) hero stats into the herestat.cfg and replace another character with him, then run the Open Hero Select program so it generates a .xmlb file..... but where im lost is... where is the herostat file with all 50 characters i have currently? does that exist? do i need to generate it somehow? what am i supposed to do with the default template file that came with open hero select?

hopefully i explained that properly. ive been reading random pages and instructions over and over but i just cant figure out where the 50 character herostat cfg is for me to copy/paste/replace strings of code.

You don't have a separate herostat.cfg, swap out the existing menulocations file with the 50 one, then just add your desired characters to herostat.cfg.

Quote from: Tony Stark on March 18, 2021, 01:08PM
You don't have a separate herostat.cfg, swap out the existing menulocations file with the 50 one, then just add your desired characters to herostat.cfg.

okay, just to clarify before i screw something up- the herostat cfg i currently have is the default one that came with the OHS download. it currently only has info for about 30 something characters.

am I replacing anyone from that list with the antman info, or just adding that to the list?

(if im replacing someone, where is the data for all the xmen legends characters, if i wanted to replace one of them?  theyre not on the herostat cfg file)

edit-- I added Antman to the list of names in herostat cfg, and added his code to the bottom. i swapped ronin to the end and put antman in his place in the list of names. antmans code is the last thing in the document.

tried running the open hero select program. the DOS prompt or whatever pops up briefly and goes away. was able to PRT SCRN the error. says

"Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "Openheroselect.py", line 8 in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'colorama'
[3536]Failed to execute script OpenHeroSelect"

UPDATE-

OK, I got it working, sorta...

I downloaded the other version of openheroselect exe that was posted a few pages ago. worked. booted up MUA, and while Antman WAS there, all of the XML characters were gone as i suspected theyd be. the herostat cfg only had the MUA characters in the name list and coding.

Yes it only contains the default, I believe it was the OC Pack setup in there. Any other characters would need to be added in.